PDA

View Full Version : WTF! Syncing/Online error with grav lift.....

Inferno
October 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Ok i built a grav lift for my lockout im doing and it worked perfectly it was nice and it when you went on it, it pushed you up fluidly. So i took it online for a beta test ,but when i tried to join the server the game locked up completely! So i closed it and tried again and got into the game for about 2 seconds and i started to walk then it said "the server has closed down" this happened 2 more times and then it froze on the 4 attempt to join the game.

What the fuck? :confused:
the lift works using a scenery object that fires projectiles straight up that have a force of 0.4 and move at 5 word units per second. why does this cause networking errors. i removed it already and the map plays fine now and everyone can join.

can some one explain this to me? do i need to list something in globals are what?

CodeBrain
October 10th, 2007, 05:57 PM
A scenery can fire projectiles? :confused2:

Try making the scenery into a vehicle, that has a weapon that shoots that effect. Vehicle's "sorta" sync on multiplayer, so try that and see if it works.

If not, then it might be that either too many scripts are running and/or the scenery has a bad tag or something. Check both reasons, to be sure.

Inferno
October 10th, 2007, 06:12 PM
its a effect attached to the scenery. the effect creates projectiles about 4 or 5 times a second and the projectiles are what pushes the player up. if it was bad tagging the host wouldn't be able to load but its only the clients who are effected so its not the tagging. i doubt turning it into a vehicle would help either.

Con
October 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
try making it a device

Inferno
October 10th, 2007, 06:37 PM
if you mean make it a elevater thats invis my answer is no. the ones that do that are really rigid and don't feel like a real grav lift.

Pooky
October 10th, 2007, 08:10 PM
if you mean make it a elevater thats invis my answer is no. the ones that do that are really rigid and don't feel like a real grav lift.

:lol:

FRain
October 10th, 2007, 08:45 PM

:lmao:

You're never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVEREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER going to get a 100% flawless grav lift. We've tried everything, it looks perfect when you host, but its very choppy when playing MP.

Inferno
October 10th, 2007, 09:05 PM
that still dosent answer my question. and also the grav lift i made (in theory) shouldn't chop very much online. that is if i could get it too stop killing the clients connections.... :rolleyes:

ICEE
October 10th, 2007, 10:46 PM
are you 100% certain that your gravlift is causing the issue? there are a lot of things that CAN cause disconnections and exceptions.

Inferno
October 11th, 2007, 03:43 PM
yea I'm pretty sure BUT me and my clan are gonna do some testing today on the equipment types I'm working on for the map pack soooo... i guess ill put some of the scenery lifts down and ill set them to not spawn automatically and then ill spawn them through console. if it causes them to get thrown out then i know for certain. if not then ill do some more investigation on the subject.

odseraphim
October 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
yea I'm pretty sure BUT me and my clan are gonna do some testing today on the equipment types I'm working on for the map pack soooo... i guess ill put some of the scenery lifts down and ill set them to not spawn automatically and then ill spawn them through console. if it causes them to get thrown out then i know for certain. if not then ill do some more investigation on the subject.
Exception Error. :XD:

No, I know what your problem is.. I know what it is! When it says toolbeta.map not found! THAT'S BAD!

CodeBrain
October 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Warning: Sarcasam Detected. Beginning Cleaning Process...Done.

Anyway, its the gravity lift. Either get rid of it, or use something else (device_machine, vehicle)

/thread