PDA

View Full Version : Odd anomoly at boot up

Roostervier
October 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Alright. Before anything is said, I'd like you all to know that I did the following: uninstalled, installed again, updated, replaced the UI file (in hopes of fixing my problem), and disabled my nVidia control panel.

Now, here is the problem. I start CE; a normal boot up. Until, of course, after the screen goes black, it goes directly back to my desktop. I can hear halo, but I can't see it. I see the task bar for it, but still no visual of the game. Anyone heard of or encountered this problem before?

Con
October 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Similar thing happened to me once with Sapien. It wouldn't maximize when I clicked it on the taskbar, so I had to right click it and go maximize. Also, try drivers and restarting.

Roostervier
October 11th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Maximizing was a good idea but it did not work. D:

Skyline
October 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
This only happens on halo CE and not PC right?

Roostervier
October 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
PC won't even install past 89%, so I don't know. =p

termin8or123
October 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM
clean your disc:D... if you haven't tried

~ZMT~Trace
October 11th, 2007, 10:03 PM
This happened when I put a [OBJ] character in one of my profile names, and if so this is your problem just delete that profile. (default My Documents/Halo/Profiles)

Roostervier
October 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
This happened when I put a [OBJ] character in one of my profile names, and if so this is your problem just delete that profile. (default My Documents/Halo/Profiles)
<3. Deleting all of the files in there opened CE up! Thanks, rep my bro.

Xegrot
October 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I've also got a strange problem, but mine happens after the game has loaded.

When I go to set up a game on LAN or over Internet connection and I start the game, the message "Connecting to server, etc." appears, but after that happens, it tells me I'm gathering exception. Anyone else getting this? Any way to fix it?

EDIT: BTW, I'm not running anything in the background.