October 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/12/here-comes-the-halo-3-soundtrack/

November 20th here I come :)

Pooky
October 13th, 2007, 01:28 AM
12.99? I might actually buy that >.>

Kornman00
October 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Pre-ordered along with Contact Harvest (http://www.amazon.com/Contact-Harvest-Halo-Joseph-Staten/dp/0765315696/ref=pd_sim_m_5/102-2860530-0120957).

TeeKup
October 13th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hell yeah.

Hotrod
October 13th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm getting the Soundtrack and the new book.

IPBJT!
October 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
The day before my birthday :)

Roostervier
October 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
The days 3 before mine. :awesome:
I'm probably going to get it with my money and save the rest for a 360.

Terin
October 18th, 2007, 12:15 PM
The day after my birthday. WHOO, BEST PRESENT EVAR.

343guiltymc
October 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
More halo merchandise? NO MORE.

Amit
October 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
More halo merchandise? NO MORE.

Are you saying that the soundtrack is mere merchandise? If so, please listen to the previous three soundtracks and rethink your life.

Vernancelet
October 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I have some of the halo 3 music but its not all of it. It has about I think 10-12 songs.

Masterz1337
October 18th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Piracy is against the rules. But thanks for the heads up.

MNC
October 25th, 2007, 06:10 PM
The soundtrack isn't released yet... Is it still considered piracy? Anyway, did anoyone notice they remixed Brothers in Arms (H1) alot? It's not even that good of song... :(

Pooky
October 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I liked the remix of the maw, best song in halo tbh

The Halo 2 remix of that song (ghosts of reach) wasn't really as cool because it didn't have the deep haunting voices anymore

Siliconmaster
October 27th, 2007, 08:43 PM
To clarify on the "ripped soundtrack" issue, I investigated and my guess is that someone did a very high-quality recording of all the music ingame where there was not any fighting. There are sound effects behind the menu music, and some distant birds where I remember the level being forest-like. The verdict: the soundtrack on the interwebz is not illegal, just 12 tracks of well-recorded game audio.

I'm absolutely getting the soundtrack once it comes out. Two whole disks of Marty goodness. Can't wait.

MNC
October 28th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I second that. I'm a bit bummed that alot are remixed that sound alot like the original, unlike thing like Perilous Journey - Peril, to name 1 example.

TeeKup
October 31st, 2007, 04:37 PM
I was happy when I heard "On a Pale Horse" in Halo 3, that was my favorite H1 song.

Jay2645
November 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
To clarify on the "ripped soundtrack" issue, I investigated and my guess is that someone did a very high-quality recording of all the music ingame where there was not any fighting. There are sound effects behind the menu music, and some distant birds where I remember the level being forest-like. The verdict: the soundtrack on the interwebz is not illegal, just 12 tracks of well-recorded game audio.

I'm absolutely getting the soundtrack once it comes out. Two whole disks of Marty goodness. Can't wait.
Where is this soundtrack on the interwebz?
Now that it isn't piracy, I can ask, lol.

EDIT: I found it, but it's on a Pirate site, so I can't post the linky for fear of infractions.

Siliconmaster
November 2nd, 2007, 06:23 AM
I agree with you Teekup- I also loved the part when *spoilers*

the MC and the Arbiter watch the replacement Halo rise out of the fog

The music there was awesome, with the original Halo theme mixed with some nice chords- first time I'm aware of that Marty's ever modified the actual theme.

IPBJT!
November 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
I just preordered mine, can't wait till I get it.

teh lag
November 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.halo3ost.com/

Official site, with preview goodies.

MNC
November 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Saw it, sounds really good, better than that stuff on youtube which is just brothers in arms all over again. I'm not too eager about that last song... Forgot it's name, something FrenchLove or something?

Zeph
November 13th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Where is this soundtrack on the interwebz?
Now that it isn't piracy, I can ask, lol.

EDIT: I found it, but it's on a Pirate site, so I can't post the linky for fear of infractions.

Because it is piracy. Dont talk about it.

beele
November 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I'm getting that absolutely.

Listens to more previews. :awesome:

Arteen
November 13th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Saw it, sounds really good, better than that stuff on youtube which is just brothers in arms all over again. I'm not too eager about that last song... Forgot it's name, something FrenchLove or something?
Yeah, I didn't particularly like it either. The Halo 2 Volume 1 soundtrack had much better "inspired by" music.

Pooky
November 13th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Because it is piracy. Dont talk about it.

I've sailed the seven seas and plundered ships for their booty.

TeeKup
November 13th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I've sailed the seven seas and plundered ships for their booty.

Anal or otherwise? :-3

Dole
November 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I was happy when I heard "On a Pale Horse" in Halo 3, that was my favorite H1 song.
And Leonidas from Halo 2. :eng101:

Does anyone know if Peril and Earth City were in Halo 3?
Those were two of the most prominent and original Halo 2 themes, and I haven't caught them yet. :(

TeeKup
November 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Oh I loved those songs, and I don't think they are. :(

jcap
November 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM
If you take a look at the track list on Amazon, the last song on the Halo 3 OST website is not listed. I don't know why it's there, or how it even got there, but assuming that there wasn't a mistake made when typing up the track list on Amazon, I'm thankful that it isn't on the soundtrack. To be honest, I hated how they included those extra bonus "inspired by" tracks on the Halo 2 OST.

IPBJT!
November 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
And Leonidas from Halo 2. :eng101:

Does anyone know if Peril and Earth City were in Halo 3?
Those were two of the most prominent and original Halo 2 themes, and I haven't caught them yet. :(
I don't think they are, well Earth City isn't. I'm not sure about Peril.

MNC
November 19th, 2007, 09:05 AM
If you take a look at the track list on Amazon, the last song on the Halo 3 OST website is not listed. I don't know why it's there, or how it even got there, but assuming that there wasn't a mistake made when typing up the track list on Amazon, I'm thankful that it isn't on the soundtrack. To be honest, I hated how they included those extra bonus "inspired by" tracks on the Halo 2 OST.
Which is why Volume 2 is so much better on many levels.
I like the music forms of suites, to be quite honest.

flibitijibibo
November 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Yeah, the suite format was pretty awesome. The problem I had with Volume 1 was not just the homage whatsit, but that it didn't even have all the songs. When I saw the 2 CDs, I thought, "If V2 is a symphony, then I V1 must be everything he wrote before it was put together." Now if I want to hear a certain part of the score, I have to dig into one of the suites to get to it.

Siliconmaster
November 19th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I thought, "If V2 is a symphony, then I V1 must be everything he wrote before it was put together." Now if I want to hear a certain part of the score, I have to dig into one of the suites to get to it.

V1 was indeed a compilation of all the half-finished/fun tracks that Marty had put together. The game music, according to whatever article or CD description I read, was released for promo purposes, not for an actual soundtrack per say.

As for the "Inspired by" track at the end of the H3 soundtrack, it was a contest on the myspace page (http://myspace.com/halo3) that MS uses for its Halo 3 base. People made music and submitted it for judging by Marty and a few other people. The winner made it onto the CD. The contest probably ended after Amazon posted the track listings, but before the site went up. Therefore, we have a new track not listed on Amazon.

On that note, I agree with jcap- "Inspired by" tracks are unneeded and obnoxious.

Haloking365
November 19th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I personally cant wait. Does anyone have the name of that song where you fight the first AA wraith? The song with the flute part?

Siliconmaster
November 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a fully orchestrated version of "Brothers in Arms." Sounds much better in the third game compared with Halo 1. :D

Edit: Just finished listening to the entire thing non-stop since I got home from school. 'Tis amazing. Well worth the money.

Haloking365
November 20th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a fully orchestrated version of "Brothers in Arms." Sounds much better in the third game compared with Halo 1. :D

Edit: Just finished listening to the entire thing non-stop since I got home from school. 'Tis amazing. Well worth the money.
:p Just bought it. Me likey! :D Anyway, did you figure out what that songs name was? I cant seem to find it, although i just quickly skimmed through.

jcap
November 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Actually, to tell you the truth, I hated the structure of the Volume 2 soundtrack. A few months before the second soundtrack came out, ripped every single loop from the game, put them together, and put them in the order they play in the game, being sure to have no duplicates. This turned into my soundtrack with 30 songs on one disc, replacing volumes 1 and 2. I'm glad he finally got smart and divided the whole songs into separate tracks, rather than one song playing for a minute, then fading into another. Suites are only good if they flow seamlessly, too, which they didn't do very well in the volume 2 soundtrack.

IPBJT!
November 20th, 2007, 10:50 PM
"Never Forget" is such a sad sounding and beautiful song that it's my favorite of the album so far. Marty did a good job with the preview on this one, keeping the best part as a "surprise" for us.

Siliconmaster
November 20th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Anyway, did you figure out what that songs name was? I cant seem to find it, although i just quickly skimmed through.

TBH, I don't own the game, so short of going to a friend's house and replaying that mission I have no way of finding out. :/

"Never Forget" is such a sad sounding and beautiful song that it's my favorite of the album so far. Marty did a good job with the preview on this one, keeping the best part as a "surprise" for us.

I agree whole-heartedly. My other favorites are "Farthest Outpost" and "Behold a Pale Horse."