PDA

View Full Version : [HL2] HL2 Episode 2 issues

ExAm
October 13th, 2007, 05:02 AM
So, I'm at the part with the strider busting training, when he sends me off to go and get my car. I go into the garage, and a loading screen appears. The hard drive light blinks about once per second, and the screen just sits there, doing nothing. I waited for five minutes, and I still can't get past that loading point. Any ideas, fixes, suggestions?

n00b1n8R
October 13th, 2007, 06:12 AM
An hero.

failing that, all the other HL games work fine? re-install ep2 perhaps.

Pooky
October 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I had the same problem on Episode 1 which is why I never finished it. No idea what the cause is :|

rossmum
October 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM
So, I'm at the part with the strider busting training, when he sends me off to go and get my car. I go into the garage, and a loading screen appears. The hard drive light blinks about once per second, and the screen just sits there, doing nothing. I waited for five minutes, and I still can't get past that loading point. Any ideas, fixes, suggestions?
Locked on load. My RO used to do that sometimes if I was Xfired while loading in, ditto for DoD:S. Is it doing it every time, and can you think of anything that might've triggered it?

ExAm
October 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Come to think of it, the power went out while it was downloading, somewhere around 80%. Could that have caused a small corruption?

I'll try it without xfire running, if that's what you're saying, then I'll reinstall it.

Terin
April 2nd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Yikes. You can't really skip past that part, as it loads basically the entire final battle of the game.

You can try the basic reinstall, verify cache, defragment etc. to see if that helps.

Bad Waffle
April 2nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Try also not running any other programs, no aim, xfire, etc etc.

ExAm
April 2nd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Oldpost is ooooold. This one got sorted into this section as the only ep. 2 related topic, despite the fact that I solved the problem months ago...