PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2/3 New maps?

JDMFSeanP
January 14th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I was just thinking about how halo PC came with all of the new maps, and I was first wondering if halo 2V is gonna do the same and have some more new maps?

Also, do you guys think if it had the new maps they would be the same as the new maps for the 360 or not?

OR maybe its the people that have Xbox live Gold will be able to get those new maps for H2V, that would certainly be a good reason liek they said to have a gold membership.

Timo
January 14th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Surely it will come with all the maps released by bungie already, and maybe some new ones ontop of that. And I doubt that they would make some maps exclusive, because they will be easily shared via map sites like halomaps.

JDMFSeanP
January 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well im sure of that but im saying that halo 2 on xbox 360 will be getting new maps in spring, and do you think those will be included in h2v?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 14th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yes.

Elite Killa
January 14th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I hope that the creators put them in there. Hopefully they will look good and will be playable.

someone
January 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
There'll be all the original maps and maps from the map pack and I hope two or at least one exclusive map for h2v.

Boba
January 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
The new maps coming out for the 360 will probably be the only new ones to Vista.

Chewy Gumball
January 14th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I do believe Pi studios said they would be creating H2V exclusive maps.

sickpimpin
January 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
well there is gonna be a map editor, so isnt that good enough for "exculsive"? and the only thing i've heard about wanting xbl for vista, is that you'll be able to get Achievements.

and the reason the new Halo 2 maps are 360 exclusive is becuase that was the easiest way to give them to people, so i dont know how easy it is to give them out on the internet, but im sure its a lot easier so they will probably end up on Vista.

Snowy
January 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I do believe Pi studios said they would be creating H2V exclusive maps.

Here's Pi Studios website (http://www.pistudios.com/projects.html). It does say that Halo 2 Vista is an "Unannounced" project... I haven't heard anything from Bungie though.

Agamemnon
January 15th, 2007, 03:45 PM
All Bungie has said so far is that all the original maps from Halo 2 Xbox will be found on H2V. They never said anything about the Multiplayer Map Pack being on H2V, but that's already been confirmed by the gaming websites who tried it out. They, though, said nothing of exclusive maps, so the final verdict is that at this point and time the only maps we know that are going to be in H2V are the originals and the map pack ones. It's possible that they might include the new maps coming up with H2V. It's also just as possible for them to include those with just the Gold membership as well (and if they are they probably won't be simple .map files and also will be copyrighted, thus passing them around the internet for free would mean a law suit).

Chewy Gumball
January 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
No, I clearly remember them saying there will be exclusive maps for H2V in one of their updates, along with the first map pack's maps.

Chewy Gumball
January 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I would have if I could remember where it was.

Elite Killa
January 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
^Not the best proof I've ever heard. But I sure hope there will be exclusive ones though...

Agamemnon
January 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
No, I clearly remember them saying there will be exclusive maps for H2V in one of their updates, along with the first map pack's maps.
Chewy, I've gone through their updates with a fine-toothed comb plenty of times; if I missed it then I must've been on crack that day. (hint: I don't do drugs)

Chewy Gumball
January 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Then it wasn't in the updates. It was there though. There was question about the tools, and they said something like we are creating support docs for all the tools and while doing this we might as well make new maps, and they are. Obviously not in those words.

Snowy
January 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I don't remember them saying anything about exclusive maps for H2V....

Mr Buckshot
January 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM
H2V will include all the original maps in the 2004 release plus the 2005 Multiplayer Map Pack (9 maps in total). That's confirmed on the FAQ I believe. As for new PC-exclusive maps, I don't know, but we don't really need those since we have MODDERS.

Mr Buckshot
January 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Lmfao that looks very SVC-esque.

someone
January 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Yeah.
But thank god that there's a team named CMT:D

JDMFSeanP
January 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
You guys missed a part of my post though, i was wondering if they were including there new UNRELEASED maps in it that they are releasing for halo 2 along with the halo 3 beta in spring.

Snowy
January 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
You guys missed a part of my post though, i was wondering if they were including there new UNRELEASED maps in it that they are releasing for halo 2 along with the halo 3 beta in spring.
If they don't they'd be shooting themselves in the foot... "Hey everybody! Go buy Halo 2 Vista, even though the Xbox version has more maps!"

mech
January 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Halo 3 sucks

Syuusuke
January 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I think I remember reading that there might be new maps for Halo 2 Vista also...

Agamemnon
January 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
If they don't they'd be shooting themselves in the foot... "Hey everybody! Go buy Halo 2 Vista, even though the Xbox version has more maps!"
Bungie is reknown for shooting themselves in the feet repeatedly; it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again.

Chewy Gumball
January 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
No they aren't. We already argued over that.

mech
January 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hehehhehh, queers :D

O
|\\___ 0
| ]] \\
^

Snowy
January 21st, 2007, 05:02 PM

You're right, check this article (http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=h2vdevdiarytwo) (last paragraph)

demonmaster3k
January 21st, 2007, 06:44 PM
There'll be all the original maps and maps from the map pack and I hope two or at least one exclusive map for h2v.
exclusive maps for h2v, that's our job as modders.
i hope that prometheus includes h2v along with ways to get past the freaking limitations that the bungie/hired gun ppls placed on the h2v HEK

JDMFSeanP
January 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Will halo 2 xbox modded maps run on the PC version?

(sorry if tis a noob question, i really dont know)

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I doubt it.

Atty
January 26th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Will halo 2 xbox modded maps run on the PC version?

(sorry if tis a noob question, i really dont know)It's possible.

itszutak
January 26th, 2007, 09:47 AM
With some modification, probably; most likely not just by themselves, due to the improvements and modifications made in H2V <_<

JDMFSeanP
January 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I just realized they would need to be a little changed because of the button changes and text and things, but those maps in the killtrocity map packs are the best ever halo maps IMO

Agamemnon
January 26th, 2007, 06:29 PM
You're right, check this article (http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=h2vdevdiarytwo) (last paragraph)

I wish I could tell you more about online play, or about the map editor and custom maps in this article...
How does "custom maps" translate to "new maps?" They could've just been talking about the new H2X maps coming around the corner (which I have no complaint about).

AiRgUItaR901
January 26th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I think they should be downloadable but not come with the game, just incase you are a disc space saver. Also, you could not download the ones you don't want :rolleyes:

demonmaster3k
January 26th, 2007, 10:56 PM
cmt may be good but they aren't the only team that's going to be on h2v, what about the h2v team and many other independent modders?
i'm really looking forward to the new creativity options that will be availiable in the new release
especially since we may have prometheus to make halo modding much easier!