October 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Urhhhhhhhh...What exactly is this? :( CMT releasing maps? Now? h4x? :confused2:
~Link snipped~

Shadow5561
October 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I don't know. I'm downloading the map to see what it is,

DrunkenSamus
October 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
This actually looks convincing...half of me wants to believe, half of me wants to wait and see.

teh lag
October 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
If this is genuine, masterz didn't tell me about it. We didn't have anything like this in progress from what I know either. It actually looks like Lightning's library MP map...

Edit : Confirmed, it's a leak of Lightning's map. NOT CMT related.

FRain
October 14th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Chances are:

1 - Some idiot decided to fake masters and release a map that's already been released (see halo 1 biped)

2 - CMT tags got ripped, leaked, and then stuck into library, and released.

3 - Masters was working on a side map that told nobody about.

Chances are it was #1.

Sever
October 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Whoever's map this is, they did a pretty good job. The game play aspects completely suck, with many long hallways and confusing switchbacks, but many areas contain a healthy amount of detail and proper use of campaign bsp's. It is definitely NOT CMT's work, due to the fact that it lacks any custom, well, custom anything. Also, the elevator scripts are a bit funky and the plasma pistols' hud is fuxored.

teh lag
October 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM
3 - Masters was working on a side map that told nobody about.

I lol'd. Masterz can't do crap in 3ds and he knows it :v

Lightning
October 14th, 2007, 07:09 PM
What the FUCK is this.

This is my map, completely unfinished, unpolished, and NOT released. The scripts are NOT working properly, the radiosity was run for about 1 minute (and looks NOTHING like it should), shaders aren't final, and is missing VERY important details that would fix gameplay.

This really needs to be taken down, as it is NOT and CMT map, NOR is it Masters.

I can completely prove this is my map, and I really, really don't appreciate this.. I was just finishing this up too... I've devoted years to finishing this... and have managed to keep this under control for so long.. and now this.

What am I supposed to do?

A very serious explanation is in order.

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
as serious as it gets. someone leaked it. it happens all the time.

Teh Ganon
October 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Wow, you know what. The blame best not be pinned on me for this, after I tell you all this. Look here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=10969

If you look at d4no's post right before Jay2645 said "image link is broken", see how d4nos post is edited. Well in his original non edit of that post the image property link leads you to the map in the beta section for xce hosted on this site. I don't know who uploaded it. It was not me. I did not give the link to anyone. Technically this was leaked by d4no, by accident. This could of freakishly happened otherwise, but its the most obvious and apparent way...

Lightning
October 14th, 2007, 07:22 PM
This build NEVER left my computer.

This was the first build where I changed the bitmaps on the lift. It's blue in that picture, all the other builds it was a grey color.

Seriously, this did NOT leave my computer, at all.

Aerowyn
October 14th, 2007, 07:25 PM
... even if there was a link that leads to the map, that doesn't merit Masters stealing it.

Nothing gives him the right. It's not a matter of who leaked it, it's a matter of HIM STEALING IT. Leaking it wasn't a big deal because, well, the map isn't finished. But for him to release it, slap the CMT logo on it, and put it up for download is just tactless.

Roostervier
October 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Tbh, I think some random ass hat did that, and slapped on the name CMT Masterz1337. =p Doesn't necessarily have to be him. Still, if it didn't leave your computer, than how did that happen?

edit: Also, I won't download it, for the sake of... I don't know, I just don't download leaked maps. =p

Teh Ganon
October 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM
~nothing here~, that mb?

teh lag
October 14th, 2007, 07:32 PM
^

What the crap...

Edit:

Urh yeah do have a anti-spyware program?

EXTERNAL INVASION DETECTED!!!

>_> Sorry, I had to.

343guiltymc
October 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
This build NEVER left my computer.

This was the first build where I changed the bitmaps on the lift. It's blue in that picture, all the other builds it was a grey color.

Seriously, this did NOT leave my computer, at all.
Urh yeah do have a anti-spyware program?

Roostervier
October 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
What the fuck... How would it end up on XCE if he never put it anywhere but his computer though? That was his point earlier; he had never put it anywhere but his computer.

Lightning
October 14th, 2007, 07:39 PM
That was an older build. It didn't have the lifts.

Edit: of course I have protection.

I love how the one time I'm actually close to finishing something, something I've worked for years on.... this happens. Way to freaking go.

UXB, This file never left my computer, nor was it given to anyone. Please, I beg of you, please take this down. I've spent years working on this, and to have this happen now....

DeepFrz
October 14th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Did you go to a LAN where someone could have taken it from ur pc?

Teh Ganon
October 14th, 2007, 07:54 PM
well then looks like your in a koikedink now XD

edit: word of advice. dennis will not take it off. unless you go to him with a court order.

Lightning
October 14th, 2007, 08:03 PM
There are no LAN's up here. Nobody plays Halo PC/CE. Nobody would even know how to get it.

And if it be, hell, I will try to get one. Either that, or I could get a notarized letter... This is important to me... very, very important.

DeepFrz
October 14th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Heres what masters said...

"It's not a CMT map, it has nothing to do with CMT. Dsalimander leaked lightnings map, and credited me with it."

Namilaz
October 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM
how would dsalimander leak it if it never left lightning's computer?

Lightning
October 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM
He just told me that Cheatsman leaked it....

...now we have conflicting stories.p

Aerowyn
October 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
... if he can't get his shit straight, then he's lying.

DeepFrz
October 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
did masters say that?

...odd...

OMGWTFCONSPIRACY???

Mass
October 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Leaking is the most bullshit activity of the oddest breed of lowlife asshats I have yet to encounter on the entire internet. Way to go whoever the fuck.

Syuusuke
October 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I just read over in the halomaps forum place, that they can't even play it?

I don't know actually.

Masterz1337
October 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry lights, I meant to say dsalimander. Word from Kirby is that Cheatsman alerted him that Dsalimander had the map, and was going to release it as a "cmt map".

Lights is one of my oldest friends, I would never leak a map of his. I don't even have this map, before people start suggesting things. Also, if I wanted to hurt Lights, there are plenty of other things I could do, that would be far worse than this.

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 08:57 PM
i dont think anyone actually believes masterz leaked it. from what has been said it is obvious dsalimander did it. i feel bad for lightning though. i dont believe getting a court order is POSSIBLE, because of the HEK eula. you dont own what you make, if you run it through tool... its bungie's. i suggest you just hope no one rips it and mods it. i have played it, and due to the fact that there arent any special weapons or vehicles in it, i sincerely doubt to many people are going to get excited and rip(rape) it. not that its not a good map, but fact of the matter is most players dont rip a map for its bsp.

Namilaz
October 14th, 2007, 09:00 PM
poor dsalimander, what a noob

but he did make that new map... confined? its really cool, you should all try it

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 09:03 PM
you cant say it never left your computer. i mean, there it is. what ganon said is accurate, the map was passed around quite abit before it was actually leaked publicly

Masterz1337
October 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
There is always the possibility that Salimander doesn't even know the significance of the actual map then.

Atty
October 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Or that Masters is lying. :v:

Masterz1337
October 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Better ban me then. =o

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
namilaz is dsalimander... i mean come on...

zaliman
salimander

*claps*

Archon23
October 14th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I'm still wondering.....How the fuck did someone get a map that never left lights computer?

Namilaz
October 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
why would anybody hate dsalimander? he is a sexy young man. he is my idle and should be yours too!

Archon23
October 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
OBVIOUS PERSON IS OBVIOUS

Donut
October 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:XD: omfg

ICEE
its spelled idol, david.

Masterz1337
Idol?

It's in the name of an American TV show. How the fuck can you not spell it?

Killerelf
October 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM
why would anybody hate dsalimander? he is a sexy young man. he is my idle and should be yours too!
^Posted by Salimander himself....

PS: Learn to spell....

Namilaz
October 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
he he he i dont think when i post

Donut
October 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM
8 posts in 40 seconds... hard to time

jcap
October 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM
he he he i dont think when i postYou don't think. Period.

Jay2645
October 14th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It was in D4NO's post at Halomaps, right before mine. Out of curiosity, when the image link was broken, I checked it out. Didn't download the map, but I alerted Masterz about it (Mainly because I didn't have D4NO or Lightning on my friends list). He said he was going to take care of it.
Just an FYI, Lightning, that was on your site, under betas.
Not sure how the hell Sali learned about it, though, I never told anyone besides Masterz. I think I may have told Ganon as well, but I can't be sure without checking my chat logs.

And no, no matter how low I may get at times (Stealing people's models and whatnot), I will NEVER leak a map. I've had my own maps leaked before, so I know how it feels.

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 09:24 PM
how quickly one gets banned...

Killerelf
October 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I dont think he can[think]... I mean if he could, do you think he would actually go out of his way and leak Lightnings map?...

Jay2645
I dont think he can... I mean if he could, do you think he would actually go out of his way and leak Lightnings map?...
I believe it.

Syuusuke
There were past versions of the Library weren't there?

Jay2645
October 14th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, there were. I believe there were six.

Syuusuke
October 14th, 2007, 09:27 PM
By Lightning (and Co.)?

Mass
October 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM
lawl, salimander is a moron. I mean like, really a moron.
[21:47] =Σ= DSalimander: when you put a perion at the end of sentances, it annoys me.
[21:47] =Σ= DSalimander: *d
[21:47] Massacre: well thats great.
[21:47] =Σ= DSalimander: fuckin weirdo
[21:48] Massacre: I use the english language appropriately more than normal? What a douche I am, huh?
[21:48] =Σ= DSalimander: Massacre: I use the english language appropriately more than normal? What a douche I am, huh?
[21:48] =Σ= DSalimander: n00b
[21:48] =Σ= DSalimander: you dont care to capitalize, but you do care to punctionalize, its fucking annoying
[21:49] Massacre: a period symbalizes the end of a thought, which my sentence usually is.
[21:49] Massacre: what I didn't capitalize English?
[21:49] Massacre: pfft.
[21:49] =Σ= DSalimander: when you hit enter, it symbolizes the end of a thought
[21:49] Massacre: no.
[21:49] =Σ= DSalimander: yup
[21:49] Massacre: I often break up my sentences when exited.
[21:49] =Σ= DSalimander: thats disturbing.
[21:50] Massacre: ok
[21:50] =Σ= DSalimander: lol
[21:50] <High latency detected between you and the server. Your last few messages may not have been received.>
[21:51] <This user is now online>
[21:51] Massacre: implied question, due to lack of punctuation, I am asking you to continue, merely acknowledging that you thought has been recieved.
[21:52] =Σ= DSalimander: yes
[21:52] =Σ= DSalimander: but
[21:52] =Σ= DSalimander: i have completed a thought and hit enter
[21:52] =Σ= DSalimander: :)
[21:52] Massacre: ok....
[21:52] =Σ= DSalimander: =Σ= DSalimander: thats disturbing.
=Σ= DSalimander: lol
[21:52] Massacre: yes
[21:53] =Σ= DSalimander: what made you think i had more to say
[21:53] =Σ= DSalimander: its a simple comment
[21:53] Massacre: but the okay asks as to why you might find that.
[21:53] =Σ= DSalimander: not quite
[21:53] =Σ= DSalimander: your best off just asking why
[21:53] Massacre: ok meaning "ok, that is your thought."
[21:53] =Σ= DSalimander: yea
[21:54] Massacre: I imply that I wish the thought to be elaborated upon by typing thus.
[21:54] =Σ= DSalimander: but i am pretty much done on my simple little, you are disturbing comment
[21:54] =Σ= DSalimander: no reason to explain why
[21:55] =Σ= DSalimander: because it is a reply to what you said earlier about being excited and using periods, etc
[21:57] Massacre: when you express an opinion and I respond merely with a confirmation of recieving said opinion, and not with one of my own I imply that I feel you have not completed your thought so as to be satisfactory enough for me to build upon it. My implication is clear, you have merely failed to infer.
[21:57] =Σ= DSalimander: My implication is clear, you have merely failed to infer.
[21:57] =Σ= DSalimander: to the contrary
[21:58] Massacre: oh really, and who are you to judge whether or not your are mistaken? You are the very one who's paradigms are in question.
[21:58] =Σ= DSalimander: dude
[21:58] =Σ= DSalimander: you said something
[21:58] =Σ= DSalimander: i commented on it being retarded
[21:59] =Σ= DSalimander: theres not much to it
[21:59] Massacre: yes. There is the matter of why it is "retarded" upon which you have failed, even after multiple urgings, to answer.
[22:00] =Σ= DSalimander: retared is a placeholder because i dont feel like quoting exactly what i said
[22:00] =Σ= DSalimander: if saying distured makes you sleep better at night, i would happly replace it
[22:01] Massacre: I merely continued your manor of description, I have no input of my own, accusing me of being wrong is highly illogical.
[22:01] =Σ= DSalimander: accusing me to be wrong is quite illogical
[22:01] Massacre: I attach no stigma to the phrase retarded, it is of no consequence to the current thought.
[22:01] Massacre: please, do explain.
[22:02] =Σ= DSalimander: they are of near equal meaning, so i picked retarded
[22:02] =Σ= DSalimander: thus they are both negitive in ways
[22:02] =Σ= DSalimander: and as i said
[22:02] =Σ= DSalimander: i dont feel like quioting
[22:03] =Σ= DSalimander: so i picked something fairly close
[22:03] =Σ= DSalimander: they are both negative, so i picked it
[22:05] Massacre: I will adress yet again the fact that I merely quoted you use of the word retarded, I am at no fault for such quoting, as I was merely choosing to remark in a manner more suited to your speech.
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: you fucking idiot
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: just tossing out random shit eh
[22:06] Massacre: you on the other hand are wrong because you have attempted to change your argument, as is prooved by the way you use words that are not synonymous.
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: dude
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: you said something about me using a strange word
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: so i clarified why it was used
[22:06] Massacre: no. your argument is false, I wish soley for you to share this understanding, as is the point of my rhetoric.
[22:06] =Σ= DSalimander: no argument
[22:07] =Σ= DSalimander: dude
[22:07] =Σ= DSalimander: listen to the words coming out of my mouth
[22:07] =Σ= DSalimander: I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE QUOTING
[22:07] Massacre: You made an improper paraphrase. Improper is, in this situation, synonymous with incorrect.
[22:08] =Σ= DSalimander: =Σ= DSalimander: I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE QUOTING
[22:08] =Σ= DSalimander: thus i made up my own fairly similare word to replace it
[22:09] =Σ= DSalimander: AND THAT ISNT PERFECT ENOUGH, EH?
[22:09] Massacre: no. you replaced it with a word barely related, thus changing the meaning, and that is your mistake.
[22:10] =Σ= DSalimander: and that seems to irritat you, doesnt it
[22:11] Massacre: No, I can see no connection between your false statement and my rhetoric.
[22:11] =Σ= DSalimander: disturbing : retarded
[22:11] =Σ= DSalimander: your statement is very disturbing : your statement was retarded
[22:11] =Σ= DSalimander: i see a close resemblence
[22:11] Massacre: [22:11] =Σ= DSalimander: disturbing : retarded
That is an incoorect comparison.
[22:12] =Σ= DSalimander: wasnt using as a comparaspon
[22:12] =Σ= DSalimander: i was saying that the real word is distured, my word is retarded, then my next thing says why
[22:12] Massacre: Unless you are disturbed by the very thought of mental or physical retardation, the statements are not even close to being synonymous.
[22:12] =Σ= DSalimander: Unless you are disturbed by the very thought of mental or physical retardation
[22:12] =Σ= DSalimander: actually, yes
[22:13] =Σ= DSalimander: you see some buy who drewls walking down the street, it seems to disturb me
[22:14] Massacre: However accusing me of being mentally disabled and saying that what I type is disturbing to you are not synonymous.
[22:14] =Σ= DSalimander: no
[22:14] =Σ= DSalimander: i said your staement was "retarded"
[22:14] Massacre: and that is clearly the most logical inference.
[22:14] =Σ= DSalimander: -typos-
[22:15] Massacre: my statement is merely levels of code. it is not capable of mental illness.
[22:15] =Σ= DSalimander: ?
[22:16] Massacre: Words are not capable of having a mental disability. Thus I assumed you were referring to me, with your use of "retarded."
[22:16] =Σ= DSalimander: no
[22:16] =Σ= DSalimander: a retard would think that words can be retarded
[22:16] =Σ= DSalimander: :)
[22:17] =Σ= DSalimander: i am saying your statement is similare to what a metally handicapped person would possibly say
[22:17] Massacre: you therefore admit to being mentally disabled?
[22:17] =Σ= DSalimander: wth
[22:17] =Σ= DSalimander: do you have any friends, just wondering...
[22:17] Massacre: i said your staement was "retarded"
a retard would think that words can be retarded
[22:17] Massacre: you admit to mental illness.
[22:18] =Σ= DSalimander: could possibly
[22:18] =Σ= DSalimander: your paraphrase failed
[22:18] Massacre: how so?
[22:18] =Σ= DSalimander: it is missing the key words
[22:18] =Σ= DSalimander: COULD POSSIBLY
[22:18] Massacre: where are those my friend?
[22:19] Massacre: [22:14] =Σ= DSalimander: i said your staement was "retarded"
[22:14] Massacre: and that is clearly the most logical inference.
[22:14] =Σ= DSalimander: -typos-
[22:15] Massacre: my statement is merely levels of code. it is not capable of mental illness.
[22:15] =Σ= DSalimander: ?
[22:16] Massacre: Words are not capable of having a mental disability. Thus I assumed you were referring to me, with your use of "retarded."
[22:16] =Σ= DSalimander: no
[22:16] =Σ= DSalimander: a retard would think that words can be retarded
[22:19] Massacre: it does not exist.
[22:19] =Σ= DSalimander: wrong line, lol
[22:19] =Σ= DSalimander: still
[22:20] =Σ= DSalimander: thinking...
[22:20] Massacre: good, that is a start.
[22:20] =Σ= DSalimander: ah yes
[22:20] =Σ= DSalimander: i said earlier that i picked retarded to repleace disturbed because it had fairly similare meanings
[22:21] =Σ= DSalimander: i am not sayying that i back up retarded completely
[22:21] Massacre: but it does not. Your argument is based on flase information.
[22:21] Massacre: therfore your argument is false.
[22:21] =Σ= DSalimander: tot he contrary
[22:21] Massacre: how so?
[22:21] =Σ= DSalimander: first, you tell me how so
[22:22] Massacre: I have already explained this but perhaps it is neccessarry to elaborate further.
[22:22] =Σ= DSalimander: im removing you
[22:22] Massacre: success.
[22:22] =Σ= DSalimander: you fucking nut job
[22:22] Massacre: victory.
[22:22] =Σ= DSalimander: your only proving my point
[22:22] Massacre: go ahead now.
[22:23] Massacre: do it.
[22:23] Massacre: you will admit defeat, I shall savor victory.
[22:23] =Σ= DSalimander: nope
[22:23] =Σ= DSalimander: i am leaving because you are making statements about me being dumb
[22:23]=Σ=Dsalimander removed me from his friends list.

Drown him with proper English, NOW!

Jay2645
October 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM
By Lightning (and Co.)?
Yep.

ICEE
October 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
sad thing is i'd almost gotten respect back for him (to some degree). was mostly at peace with him again. he really is an 8th grade asshole

Killerelf
October 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM
*Sigh, why is it that when we're young, we're almost always idiots?

Zeph
October 14th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Lights, if you want this open, IM me. But the best way to put this sort of thing behind us is to leave it alone and not talk about it.