PDA

View Full Version : firing animations. mc cant keep his hands on my gun!

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM
in all my pwnage i have resolved this issue. the next issue to be resolved is why i cant keep my words from being underlined o.O

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hmm... That's weird. I don't know. In Max, try moving the hand up where it does that, so it goes through the gun. Maybe your problem will correct the fact that the hand went through the gun.

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 06:50 PM
i dont know, i dont think that will work. part of the reason is that i dont know if the issue is in the firing animation itsself or in the overlays. by the way, this happens if im moving, and if im still. so if it is in overlays, its in the firing overlay, though i checked and it seems fine.

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Well, mess around with the overlays to see if it changes anything. If it does, there's your problem. If it doesn't, check the firing animations.

Inferno
October 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
is the frame gun linked to right_wrist. i saw some weirdo link frame gun to frame bone 24 before, :XD: and he had a similar problem with gun bouncing. although im not sure if thats what caused the problem in the first place.

FRain
October 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM
is the frame gun linked to right_wrist. i saw some weirdo link frame gun to frame bone 24 before, :XD: and he had a similar problem with gun bouncing. although im not sure if thats what caused the problem in the first place.

D:

You need to really tune up your ways with animating, linking to right wrist is ANCIENT. Link it to bone24, link constraint (CONSTRAINT) the hand controllers to frame gun node and then animate. When you need your right hand to come off the gun, delink the link constraint, blitzkrieg doesn't export link constraint data, so you're good to go.

Also, linking to bone24 is not :XD:

teh lag
October 16th, 2007, 08:39 PM
i saw some weirdo link frame gun to frame bone 24 before, :XD:.

I lol'd. That's like, the best way to animate.

Assuming you're using a setup that's IK-friendly.
(Which you should be.)

CtrlAltDestroy
October 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM
i saw some weirdo link frame gun to frame bone 24 before, :XD:

That's how all the pros do it. :v

Inferno
October 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
ok i guess i thought it was right cause thats how (it seemed) that bungies animations were done. never mind what i said.

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 09:23 PM
really, ive always linked to frame right wriste... so is there any way i can fix this WITHOUT linking to frame 24 and having to completely restart my weapon?

FRain
October 16th, 2007, 09:25 PM
No.

Inferno
October 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
the best way to fix it would be to just go ahead and find the place where the jump is happening and delete all the key frames their and re do it.

also go into guerrilla and disable the overlays.jmo and moving.jmo and see if that fixes it.

kenney001
October 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
thats an overlays animation issue.....

FRain
October 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
disable the overlays.jmo and moving.jmo and see if that fixes it.

:(

NEVER EVER disable overlays and moving, makes animations look like shit.

Inferno
October 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
:(

NEVER EVER disable overlays and moving, makes animations look like shit.

what the hell did i say wrong this time. *sigh*

im just saying go into model animations and switch "overlays" to none and "moving" to none. and see if that fixes the bump then we know what the problem is and he will just need to re-do those anims.

edit-- (sees white text)
DUH!