PDA

View Full Version : What's all this about Masterz Leaving CMT?

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Since the CMT forums are on lockdown, I'll have to put this here.

Is it true that Masterz has left CMT?
His Xfire nickname says "Masterz1337 is not on CMT", and he said this over at Halomaps:

I don't even have a copy of that map.

Retards.

And yes, I'm no longer CMT. I quit.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=12807

Personally, I think this is good, but because I said that, I'm probably going to be -repped all over the place by CMT fanboys who think Masterz is their god.

teh lag
October 16th, 2007, 07:18 PM
CMT is dead. Noone I know from the team really wants to keep at it.

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
thats a bummer. are you guys going to release the brute tags still? (the ones intended for release) I really hope so.

Ki11a_FTW
October 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, well by this point i could care less

He told me it was dead a few days ago, i guess hes done

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
So CMT died, eh?
Any word on if SPV2 or CMT's tags are going to be released?

~ZMT~Trace
October 16th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Olawd.

Also YAY. (at Masterz leaving and possible tag release)

teh lag
October 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
So CMT died, eh?
Any word on if SPV2 (1) or CMT's tags (2) are going to be released?

1. No.
2. I'm not really sure. Some stuff might be, but other stuff might not. Our tagset became really messy the last weeks before we finally collapsed, I dunno if anyone wants to go through the effort of cleaning it up.

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Ah, OK, thanks for clearing that up, Lag.

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 07:28 PM
hmm... i'd go through it (lulz):)

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Our tagset became really messy the last weeks before we finally collapsed, I dunno if anyone wants to go through the effort of cleaning it up.
Hmm... I've had some experience in cleaning up tagsets. If you guys want, I can clean it up. I know of a few other people that have cleaned up other CMT tags that will probably clean them up as well if you asked.

Syuusuke
October 16th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't want to be janitor for THAT much of a messy tagset =D

teh lag
October 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't want to be janitor for THAT much of a messy tagset =D

^

Sup 4 different root folders alone.

FRain
October 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM
1. No.
2. I'm not really sure. Some stuff might be, but other stuff might not. Our tagset became really messy the last weeks before we finally collapsed, I dunno if anyone wants to go through the effort of cleaning it up.

Ew, how so?

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 08:01 PM
^

Sup 4 different root folders alone.

^ thats how so

i really hope to see brutes released though, even if nothing else is.

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Eww...
I guess I could still clean it up, if not to finally see CMT's stuff on Halomaps.
(Can you tell I'm bored?)

Inferno
October 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
are any of the cmt members gonna stay and make their own maps or are they gone?

btw i wants cmt smg. its so sexy.

CtrlAltDestroy
October 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
ahahahah you get nothing bitches. :v

;d

UrKungFuSux
October 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
So...
What now then? :(
This just killed my day.

FRain
October 16th, 2007, 08:32 PM
ahahahah you get nothing bitches. :v

;d

D:

Hurrvish
October 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM
What bothers me, is the number of people who want CMT's tags. There's really nothing that special about them. If you have enough expertise, you can make them yourself.

Also, conspiracy plot :v

UrKungFuSux
October 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
:eyesroll: I kinda just wanted to play. CMT, R.I.P. We knew thee well.

ICEE
October 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
lol... the only tags i want are the brute tags. frankly i dont want to do a whole biped myself. i cant model or texture for shit anyways

NeiaG
October 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
WHAT!? CMT BROKE UP!? does that mean no SPV2!? well, can you at least release the maps that are done? dont want all that hard work and leave alot of fans dissapointed right?

R.I.P CMT my will to live has weakened today :smithicide:

Flyboy
October 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Just shows what happens when you put all your faith in one person, then when that person is gone, the team clapses.

FRain
October 16th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Just shows what happens when you put all your faith in one person, then when that person is gone, the team clapses

:maddowns:

Archon23
October 16th, 2007, 10:05 PM
FUCKING FINALLY.

IAWTP

It was about time. I mean cmon it started going downhill a while ago.....

legionaire45
October 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I figured something like this would happen after the lockdown of the forums and the overall attitude towards Masterz.

Well, I guess R.I.P. CMT, whether or not everybody liked the team and it's members they certainly had a massive effect on Halo CE.

Now that there is a power vacuum in the modding community I wonder which team is going to fill it? Or does anyone else thing that CE will finally die with the last "big" modding team?

Jay2645
October 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
As long as the Halo CE modding community stands, HCE will never die.

Oh, lookie, Halo 2 Vista!

Archon23
October 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Hah H2V. I have a feeling half the people here are actually going to move to UT3.

UrKungFuSux
October 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I don't think HCE will die. As long as there are willing modders, and interested players, it won't. Honestly, just because a few members are gone, doesn't mean that it is the end of CMT. I think that there should be new good... erhm modders (if that's the right word) to fill in the gaps. Seriously? I mean all that work would be wasted if no one picks it up. CMT's legacy should carry on. Not so much the recent crap, because that's bad.

Zeph
October 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM
CMT died a week before SPv1's release :\. The tagset just got generally fucked then and never recovered. It is interesting though. I figured he would have tried to go out with a bang and actually put something out.

Haloking365
October 16th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Awwwww. Isnt that soooooo sad? Well, im sad CMT broke up. Not so much on other things. *snickers*

Masterz1337
October 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yes I left.
No it's not dead.
People are still working on certain things.
It will be done and released in 2008.

ExAm
October 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
So... Who's in charge then?

UrKungFuSux
October 16th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I know it's kinda not my business, but just out of curiosity, why?
I mean, sure everything was shitty, but was it bad enough to just quit?

termin8or123
October 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Interesting...
not ;d

Kalub
October 17th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Sux, I didnt really support the mod, but seeing on of the longer teams go its just fail.

Masterz1337
October 17th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I think a larger post is necessary.

Yes I left, it's not the first time I left. I wasn't around for most of MPV1's development. I will be back to finish SPV2 eventually, I didn't announce 2008 as a release period for no reason, only to leave a few weeks later. I will return for it when life lightens up a bit. The team is not dead, CMT is not dead. People are still working on parts of it, and they are still reporting to me. I'm just not doing anything on the mod anymore, which is ironic, since most of you assume I don't do work anyway. However, those who are still working on it are not working on it like we were before. There's just a small amount of peopel working to keep the pilot light on, for when the rest of us decide to pick up work on it.

I'm also sick of all this "downhill" and "copycat" bullshit. Yes, we made a mistake, and mostly me for wanting to include so much H3 stuff, and more custom stuff could have been done had we not bricked ourselves up a wall by anouncing so much Halo 2 and 3 content. I'm not the only one who wanted such things, I could name team members who wanted things in like the enforcers and regional damage and so on, but it really doesn't matter. We had tons of things we wanted to do, but because of either tag space, hoarding of scripts, personal lives, and the nerfed h2ek, we never got to go past the planning stage. Things of this nature included sentinel spiders, sll new scripted battles and cutscenes, X-ray scopes for a new sniper rifle, a whole new campaign based off events 25 years prior to the first game (not a game of the novels, and actual all custom 5 level campaign about a new Spartan. This got as far as actual outlines of levels and a rough rough outline of the story.), and a whole new weapon ammo system for covie tech.

No offence Zeph, but I must ask
CMT died a week before SPv1's release :\. The tagset just got generally fucked then and never recovered. How would you even have so much insight into CMT after you left. You're not me, you don't know what goes on, you're not involved, so how on earth do you know what is happening. You don't, so stop assuming you know me better than myself. This is directed to all you people who doubt my every move. This isn't an "attack" or me tying once again to "inflate my ego", it's the way things are. No shit, I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, and each time I make one I do my best to not make it again. You think I don't listen to the input on the forums, just because I don't make a post saying I've adressed issues that people have complained about in the screenshots (IE uber shiney forerunner textures) doesn't mean I don't do something about it.

While on the topic of the forums, I want to address the lockdown. YOU FANBOYS BROUGHT THIS UPPON YOU. You shit up the forums, you bother us on aim (this means you haloking), you blow stupid shit out of proportion, you can't type for the life of you, you hold the same endless dumb debates that you have had hundreds of times, and you can't think outside of what you want. If you all followed after the good forum members, like Buckshot, then we wouldn't have had these stuipid issues, and you would still have the forums. You fanboys are probably one the biggest reasons I left CMT, and your input I blindly listened too is one of the factors that has brought the team down. So stop bothering me, stop bothering the other team members. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU WANT. Long ago all your attention and ego boosting is what motivated me to keep working on the mod, but not anymore. The sooner you vermin leave this board, the sooner we will consider picking up where we left off.

I left CMT because it was no longer fun or interesting, most of the team has lost interest for the same reasons. We have lives outside of the internet. While leaving the computer might be a frightening idea to the CMT forum members, the team has things to do. I have to deal with college, a job, and friends and relationships. I don't have the time or the motivation to continue working mindlessly for a bunch of kids. All in all, the biggest reason I have stopped wanting to be a part of this was because it began to feel more like a chore than it did a hobby, and I'm sure most of the team feels this way too.

It's nearly 2 AM, so I'm there's a ton of things I left out of this post but whatever. It's about time I let you all know what I realy think.

Zeph
October 17th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Masters and I talked about this on AIM before he posted and headed off to bed, but:

How would you even have so much insight into CMT after you left. You're not me, you don't know what goes on, you're not involved, so how on earth do you know what is happening. You don't, so stop assuming you know me better than myself.
You gave me all the betas and I had access to your forums you noob :p. We basically settled that it was my opinion that we both kinda shared. We all knew spv1 could have been much better and I even went as far as to believe it never did.

DaneO'Roo
October 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM
What? Am I the only one left who's still serious about the shit?

Guess It's time to point out that almost all the campaign textures have been replaced by myself. Masterz just doesn't put them in the right places :downs:

Also Sentinal Enforcers are being started on again and I'm practically finished the brutes.

For now though, it's tweeks and my map for a while. I think the team is just taking a break to do some other shit for a while.

Choking Victim
October 17th, 2007, 06:33 AM
hoarding of scripts
funny

Atty
October 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Nice to know I was around for the birth of CMT and the death. I feel as if I've witnessed the worst and best times of our corner of the Internet.

Jay2645
October 17th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Nice to know I was around for the birth of CMT and the death. I feel as if I've witnessed the worst and best times of our corner of the Internet.
I take it worst and best go in chronological order, Atty? :lol:
If so, I have a feeling we're about to go into the Golden age. We have many maps about to come out, there's the Metroid Map Team getting ever so closer to finishing, Yoyorast and Arteen are almost done with Yoyorast V2, the Sonic Map team is almost done, Church is out, Headlong's coming along, and if I keep going, I'll be typing for hours.

Shadow5561
October 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
the sonic maps are still being worked on?
I thought it was just a BG mod <.<

I need to be around moar.

You really do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcjRIKORfdY

The Sonic mod has progressed more then you think.

Hunter
October 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Lets lock this thread and concentrate on helping each other in making Custom Edition content, as Masterz sayed, we need to leave them alone for a bit and lay of them. They will continue when they decide.

Its their decision.

Archon23
October 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM
......Or we could've just let this thread die like we were going to probably.......

Hunter
October 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, i didn't look when the last post was posted.

Masterz1337
October 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Then you shouldn't be on this board.

Jay2645
October 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Alrighty, since this topic has served it's purpose...:lock: