PDA

View Full Version : H3T Thread

FRain
October 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM
The other two thread got locked because:

MA5C thread: Served its purpose.

Beta Testers and AIM thread: Served its purpose, and was going downhill.

This will be THE information thread for H3T.

I've got to go to school, so I'll just leave you with some pics :D

NOTE: THE SP MAPS ARE MAINLY FOR TESTING, BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE WANT TO TEST, WE DONT NEED TO SEND LIKE 400 BUILDS AROUND.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8390/enoughspikesxz8.png

GeJOfQZhJbE

rHRaO5qVkLw

Dole
October 17th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Fantastic animating. ;)

Ki11a_FTW
October 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah rain this is starting to come alog very nicely.

SnaFuBAR
October 17th, 2007, 02:06 PM
good animations: AR, grenade throw.

everything else needs serious work. no, the spiker melee and reload aren't great.

Shadow5561
October 17th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm sure you've been told this a million times but make the SL FP position higher-up :maddowns:, you problably already know that and are working on it :). Also the Spartan Laser melee should be straight down, not to the side, though you problably know that already also. I'm also glad HDoan is on your team because the firing tags in your video were horrible but the ones in HDoans video were nice. Just have to give it an impact effect, which you problably already know.

Tweek
October 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
what does h3t mean?

p0lar_bear
October 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Halo 3 Team?

FRain
October 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
^ Correct.

Inferno
October 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
what exactly was happening in the spiker melee.... :confused2:

besides that mystery the the stuff looks good. sl charging is a bit too big. lower the radius for the particles i think. :)

HDoan
October 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Ill fix the radius, and sl charging is 2.5 seconds like in Halo 3.

Dole
October 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
what exactly was happening in the spiker melee.... :confused2:
He grabs the stem of the handle and swings the hanging blades in a tomahawk motion, just like in Halo 3?

Jay2645
October 17th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I actually preferred MC stabbing with the Spiker (Like in the CMT maps) over the Halo 3 version. Stabbing just made it seem... More spikey. Somehow.
Spartan Laser needs some work, mainly the firing seems too fast, and there's no beam in this build (D=). If you're going to keep the Spiker melee, move it down some.

Shadow5561
October 17th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I actually preferred MC stabbing with the Spiker (Like in the CMT maps) over the Halo 3 version. Stabbing just made it seem... More spikey. Somehow.
Spartan Laser needs some work, mainly the firing seems too fast, and there's no beam in this build (D=). If you're going to keep the Spiker melee, move it down some.

CMT also made the Spiker when you got hit with the spikes you died in one hit which was realistic.

ICEE
October 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM
the spiker's right hand is still teh gay. fix. also, if i see another video of an unfixed spartan laser i may go crazy. NEEDS MOAR HIGHER.

CMT also made the Spiker when you got hit with the spikes you died in one hit which was realistic.

and how is it realistic that 2 tungsten blades would pierce through a fully armored ENERGY SHIELDED suit of armor, with only a minor stab?

FRain
October 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM
see another video of an unfixed spartan laser i may go crazy. NEEDS MOAR HIGHER.

You've got to be reading my mind or something, because that's what I was just working on >_>

ICEE
October 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
You've got to be reading my mind or something, because that's what I was just working on >_>

shit... hes on to me... i better stop.

Dole
October 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I actually preferred MC stabbing with the Spiker (Like in the CMT maps) over the Halo 3 version. Stabbing just made it seem... More spikey.
They aren't spikes; they're heavy, curved blades that look like the lovechild of an axe and a scythe (neither of which you 'stab' with).

Shadow5561
October 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM
and how is it realistic that 2 tungsten blades would pierce through a fully armored ENERGY SHIELDED suit of armor, with only a minor stab?

You have a point.

Glad to see your finally working on that.

FRain
October 18th, 2007, 08:24 AM
NO U

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/1615470035_0f32237fe3.jpg

GET OFF MY INTERTUBES YOU HAXOR

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2392/1615469791_6e33c3264e.jpg

:o

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2024/1615470325_755a43aa12.jpg

props to CAD and ZTeam for the explosion particles (I have permission from CAD

ICEE
October 18th, 2007, 08:42 AM
somewhat better

TPE
October 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
The HUD is like GIGANTIC. Though I do like small, out of the way HUD's.

You running the lowest resolution? That might explain it.

Shadow5561
October 18th, 2007, 02:29 PM

I don't think the HUDs GIGANTIC, just the shield bar is abit messed up.

The Spartan Laser is better then it was before. Thank god that was finally fixed.

HDoan
October 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Why does it have a trip mine in the hud?

Dole
October 18th, 2007, 06:25 PM

The two parts of the heatshield aren't alligned properly.

FRain
October 18th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yep, fixing that atm :D

Jay2645
October 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM
About the HUD... I don't like it. It seems too squashed; try to make it more like the Halo 3 one.

Masterz1337
October 18th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Again, you prove your idiocy. He said it's not done, and obviously it isn't done.

ICEE
October 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
things i like about the hud: its finally missing that black square. that square wasnt my friend. the health bar is cool, not exactly like h3. which is fine, not everything SHOULD be exact.

things i dislike: the grenade section.

i would like to see it when its done o.O

FRain
October 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Read post above. It's not finished, HDoan is taking HUD class on saturday, so that HUD is leaving, ATM, I'm going to use the public h2 hud to make it less screwy.

ICEE
October 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
did you even read my post frain?

i would like to see it when its done o.O

Jay2645
October 19th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Again, you prove your idiocy. He said it's not done, and obviously it isn't done.
I get insulted and -repped *Cough*Xetsuei*Cough* because I make some criticism? I don't like the shield bar, everything else (Besides the off-center grenade icons) is fine. It just looks too squashed. Annoys the hell out of me.

Also, Masterz, if I was the idiot you make me out to be, I wouldn't be acting at least somewhat civilized. It appears that you, sir, have proven YOUR idiocy, for assuming that I said it was done. I know it wasn't done, otherwise I wouldn't have told them what to fix. I said it was squashed, in other words, stretch out the bitmap and make it thinner. You think that you aren't an idiot, Masterz? Quote that post I made back there and bold where I said that it was done. If you do, and I can see how that could come across wrong, I will retract this statement.

Glad to see you got rid of that black box, though.

Also, just curious, how come my post was attacked, but these two, which said basically the same thing as me, weren't?

You running the lowest resolution? That might explain it.

I don't think the HUDs GIGANTIC, just the shield bar is abit messed up.

The Spartan Laser is better then it was before. Thank god that was finally fixed.

Shadow5561
October 19th, 2007, 05:53 AM
I get insulted and -repped *Cough*Xetsuei*Cough* because I make some criticism? I don't like the shield bar, everything else (Besides the off-center grenade icons) is fine. It just looks too squashed. Annoys the hell out of me.

Also, Masterz, if I was the idiot you make me out to be, I wouldn't be acting at least somewhat civilized. It appears that you, sir, have proven YOUR idiocy, for assuming that I said it was done. I know it wasn't done, otherwise I wouldn't have told them what to fix. I said it was squashed, in other words, stretch out the bitmap and make it thinner. You think that you aren't an idiot, Masterz? Quote that post I made back there and bold where I said that it was done. If you do, and I can see how that could come across wrong, I will retract this statement.

Glad to see you got rid of that black box, though.

Also, just curious, how come my post was attacked, but these two, which said basically the same thing as me, weren't?

I'm just loved, that's why my post wasn't being attacked:p Anyway Jay I hope your ready because the CMT fanboys are about to come and lash out at you like a snake and -rep you like crazy.

Also now that people mention it I noticed the black box is gone. Nice one on that FRain that stupid box got in my way once.

Archon23
October 19th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Nah most of the community here aren't CMT fanboys, quite the opposite in fact.

Though I love how everyone is commenting on the HUD when we knew (or should've known) ahead of time HDoan was already reamaking it on Saturday....not to mention the SPlazer was the focus really. Though I really don't have a comment on it other than its good.

Also Shadow that was referencing me in that quote XD, but I guess you can say that bout yourself

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Poly smoothing error. Being fixed atm.

Roostervier
October 19th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Tbh, most everything H3T has bitmaps of needs to be remade. From what I have seen so far, they are all :gonk:. Also, fp shield's offset needs to be changed to 0.0005 in the shader.

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Tbh, most everything H3T has bitmaps of needs to be remade. From what I have seen so far, they are all :gonk:. Also, fp shield's offset needs to be changed to 0.0005 in the shader.

Correctamundo. ATM we have split H3T into two different parts:

Gameplay

Graphics

First we need H3T to play fun, play like halo 3, and just feel good. After that, we sexify up the graphics with bump maps, detail maps, reanimation, etc. You get the point.

Masterz1337
October 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
You can't do bumpmaps in CE. Also, detail maps are used for low res textures. You want to use textures of 1024x1024 res. Gameplay should be #1 priority, leave sexyness until you have the basics down.

Roostervier
October 19th, 2007, 02:38 PM
He probably means bump maps for bsps by bump maps. Last time I checked, bump maps weren't working for them.

Seriously though, getting the fp arms bitmaps to look good would literally take 2 minutes or less.

Pooky
October 19th, 2007, 03:49 PM
NO U

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/1615470035_0f32237fe3.jpg

GET OFF MY INTERTUBES YOU HAXOR

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2392/1615469791_6e33c3264e.jpg

:o

props to CAD and ZTeam for the explosion particles (I have permission from CAD
I know it's not in Halo 3, but this is Halo CE and there's no way to do recharging health. You need to have both some sort of health readout and health packs in the mod.

HDoan
October 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Wuts dis? Its like a week old http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6463/shieldrb3.png

Masterz1337
October 19th, 2007, 03:52 PM
So now you rip from H2 as well? :-\

TeeKup
October 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
The hatch on the spartan lazer is too far up.

Roostervier
October 19th, 2007, 04:02 PM
The bitmaps are still :gonk:, but the shield doesn't expand forever now, at least.

Ki11a_FTW
October 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I need to make new effects for that

ICEE
October 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
i know its unfinished but everything about that hammer makes me want to puke. you made litterally every single mistake i made when i made mine (which by the way i never finished)

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM
So now you rip from H2 as well? :-\
:fail:

We are using the h2 model as a placeholder, not final >_>

Shadow5561
October 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
:fail:

We are using the h2 model as a placeholder, not final >_>

Hopefully this time the arms won't be rigged incorrectly so when you switch to new FP arms you won't have to reanimate.

Mass
October 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Are you doing your own BSPs or just modding shit.
Please tell me it's not the latter.

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Hopefully this time the arms won't be rigged incorrectly so when you switch to new FP arms you won't have to reanimate.

I was referring to the gravity hammer :rolleyes:

Shadow5561
October 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I was referring to the gravity hammer :rolleyes:

ooooooooooo :embarrassed:

Anyway the gravity hammer is alright but are you going to get new sounds or is the hitting/projectile just going to sound like the gauss hog forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM
We are "modding shit" but we WILL sooner or later start modeling our own bsps, massacre. Also, when you said "modding shit" it made me want to cry :downs:

NeiaG
October 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
very impressive with the gravity hammer. nice job.

teh lag
October 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM

:\ I don't see what's so impressive. Ripped assets with sub-par animation origins, and nothing showing its ingame function... nothing special at all.

FRain
October 19th, 2007, 08:23 PM
^

Nothing is all that special about the grav hammer, except the way it plays D:

Chase down a warthog, jump in and BOOM LOL FLY.

Shadow5561
October 19th, 2007, 08:23 PM
:\ I don't see what's so impressive. Ripped assets with sub-par animation origins, and nothing showing its ingame function... nothing special at all.

:poke:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM)

teh lag
October 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
:poke:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM)

I stand corrected on that single point. That doesn't change the fact that it has horrible animations, is ripped content, and isn't all that impressive tbh tag-wise.

Ki11a_FTW
October 19th, 2007, 08:44 PM

Yeah, i did that whole thing a while back, the h3t doesnt give credit

HDoan
October 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, i did that whole thing a while back, the h3t doesnt give credit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now3OTNMIOM Yay read the credits

Masterz1337
October 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM
out of curiosety, what res does CMT maps use?

tbh, I think CMT textures are too high res.

2048x2048 for fp guns, everything else is pretty much 1024. A few amount of things are made at 512.

Masterz1337
October 20th, 2007, 02:42 AM
I would like to announce that Hdoan is a counter productive moron.

And the new HUD is quite sexy.

Masterz1337
October 20th, 2007, 02:56 AM
I'd give you pics, but Hdoan won't give me the frickin tagset to put these things in. Apparently, I'm not trustowrthy enough.

Shadow5561
October 20th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Ok HDoan, H3T and CMT don't have a good relationship but do you really not want a sexy HUD? I'm sure Masters is trustworthy and won't leek the tag set considering he's problably been on CMT with not leaking stuff.

FRain
October 20th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Ok HDoan, H3T and CMT don't have a good relationship but do you really not want a sexy HUD? I'm sure Masters is trustworthy and won't leek the tag set considering he's problably been on CMT with not leaking stuff.

He was the CMT project lead, so of course he doesn't leak.

(now rossmum says otherwise, but idc)

Shadow5561
October 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
He was the CMT project lead, so of course he doesn't leak.

(now rossmum says otherwise, but idc)

Well by what Masters says he says HDoan won't send him the tagset because HDoan thinks Masters isn't trustworthy enough.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
who doant want a sexy hud?
also, hdoan, considering how many posts masters has and how much he is well known
i think he'd be trustworthy enough

Masterz1337
October 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I've only leaked leakers maps. Not sure if that's a crime. Frain, get on aim.

Shadow5561
October 20th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Anyway FlamingRain I better ask this before the topic gets old so don't need to bump the topic to ask. When is the next open public beta test so other people can apply to test? I'm interested in finally trying out a H3T map with your most current work. Mostly people will say they don't know if I'm trustworthy because I'm kinda new around here. Well I know what leaking is, do you tink I would leak when I have my own mod that I don't want to be leaked.

It is a Halo PC mod so don't expect great content in it: http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=69730
What you are seeing is not my most current work. My most current work is much better.

Also don't turn this topic into commenting on my mod lets just stick to H3T. I just posted my mod to show I was making a mod and proof that I wouldn't leak because why would I leak when I have my own mod that I don't want leaked.

Hurrvish
October 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you on the same modding team as phoenix (The "noob" identified by HDoan)?

e: http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=69311

Shadow5561
October 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you on the same modding team as phoenix (The "noob" identified by HDoan)?

Actaully you are partially (however you spell it) correct. I'm not really on the team but I'm the one that helps him if he needs help and you might not believe it but he helps me with my HPC modding skills. He got his Spartan Laser and Brute Spiker from me and I got my HPC modding skills from him. The reason why he wanted HDoans bubble shield is because if your going to make something like that you have to make the weapon for CE then stick it in a map and convert CE - PC.

Phoenix has no idea on how to CE mod so he needed a bubble shield from someone else. I want one of his maps Snow Ground so I can patch it up and release it on Halo Mods under the Protoss Modding Team mark so he isn't hated so much. Right now he is using Kirbys bubble shield.

I said I would get his team known on other websites which is why in my avatar you see is his Protoss Modding Team.

Also I was helping him before he was called a "noob".

Chizzle110
October 20th, 2007, 08:38 PM
looks cool. i also like the biped with the fp arms

FRain
October 20th, 2007, 08:42 PM
The fp arms will, and have been rerigged. This means I have to reanimate every weapon, but it's 100% worth it.

Chizzle110
October 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
im not sure u reanimating all the weaons cause some weapon animations look fine for wat i seen in that video. :)

ICEE
October 20th, 2007, 08:55 PM
He absolutely has to. the arms have been re-rigged, meaning if doesn't reanimate then the hands/fingers will be in completely different places. It's frustrating to have to reanimate.. oh well, at least now you can fix the flaws in your current anims.

FRain
October 20th, 2007, 09:03 PM
And now I can also use stock animations (h1 arms) and not make them look all kinds of fucked up.

Masterz1337
October 21st, 2007, 02:14 PM
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/540/haloce12007102115061822bd3.jpg
The visor shading will be the last thing I complete on this HUD. Shield bar has already been fixed, I'm just to lazy to go and get another screenshot.m You all know that the grenades and weapon HUD are CMT, and have nothing at all to do with H3T. The HUD is NOT going to be curved, as the number sprite sheet is a global thing, and having the whole thing curved except numbers would break the illusion.

Shadow5561
October 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/540/haloce12007102115061822bd3.jpg
The visor shading will be the last thing I complete on this HUD. Shield bar has already been fixed, I'm just to lazy to go and get another screenshot.m You all know that the grenades and weapon HUD are CMT, and have nothing at all to do with H3T. The HUD is NOT going to be curved, as the number sprite sheet is a global thing, and having the whole thing curved except numbers would break the illusion.

Sexy HUD! But was the part about HDoan really needed?

I'm going to say what FlamingRain says so don't -rep me for this:
OMG Sex in a Can!

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Sexy HUD! But was the part about HDoan really needed?

I'm going to say what FlamingRain says so don't -rep me for this:
OMG Sex in a Can!
THATS MY LINE -Rep Hurr

ICEE
October 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
he just said those were cmt's and (i assumed) that means that they wont be in the final. also, "ps: halodoan is a damn fool" <- funny

Masterz1337
October 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
it looks too like the CMT one.

please, swap the positions of the "amo in clip" and "spare amo" to what CMT had it. that confused the heck out of me and others I know during firefights.

also, where's the health metre and motion sesnor?That post was almost as dumb as the man in your avatar.

ICEE
October 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
sparks isn't dumb...

CtrlAltDestroy
October 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM
That post was almost as dumb as the man in your avatar.

then what the hell is the thing in yours

Masterz1337
October 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
It's Stifler :X.

Shadow5561
October 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
then what the hell is the thing in yours

lol

THATS MY LINE -Rep Hurr

You actually gave me -rep for that lol. Oh well now I'm back to the rep I started off with when I joined.

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Beta tests were sent Hurr

Archon23
October 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Really I never received one :saddowns:

(That or AIM fucked up again)

~ZMT~Trace
October 21st, 2007, 05:41 PM
HDoan your a fagot <:mad:>

I LIKE RAPE.
I LIKE RAPE.
I LIKE RAPE.

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM
HDoan your a fagot <:mad:>

I LIKE RAPE.
I LIKE RAPE.
I LIKE RAPE.

I hate me too!
Also post bugs here so I can fix
EDIT: Lmao Xet stop -repping me

Ki11a_FTW
October 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8803/h3tpichd4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

~ZMT~Trace
October 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM
Your penis is too small, furry.

Mauler has no skin.

PP is still invisible.

Sniper has no "Press "e" to rape :Sniper:".

Portable Penis Stinger Launcher [Missile Pod] is LOL-RAPE still.

HDoan is a Damn Fool.

Gravity Hammer's HUD is messed up.

Boring map is BORING.

OVERALL SCORE:

Get rid of HDoan and the map is fun fun fun fun fun.

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Your penis is too small, furry.

Mauler has no skin.

PP is still invisible.

Sniper has no "Press "e" to rape :Sniper:".

Portable Penis Stinger [Missile Pod] is LOL-RAPE still.

HDoan is a Damn Fool.

Gravity Hammer's HUD is messed up.

Boring map is BORING.

OVERALL SCORE:

Get rid of HDoan and the map is fun fun fun fun fun.
Will do

Ki11a_FTW
October 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
^ :lmao:

legionaire45
October 21st, 2007, 06:55 PM
Will do
Until Moral improves, we will be instating mandatory public beatings for all members who show any kind of unhappiness towards the party. Shape up or ship out in a coffin son.

Lol my G15 died early, so I opened it. Also, Teroh's mom is gay.

hailstorm65
October 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM
could you pm me a link to a beta of the map?

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
could you pm me a link to a beta of the map?
No you wern't a beta tester

Archon23
October 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
Can you PM me a link? :-3

HDoan
October 21st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Can you PM me a link? :-3
Next time because right now you smell funny

Hotrod
October 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Can I be a beta tester? Please? Also, you should try to make a Battle Rifle that looks like the Halo 3 one, and not just use a model for the Halo 2 BR.

Masterz1337
October 21st, 2007, 08:31 PM
You know my sig just doesn't apply to me.

Hotrod
October 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM
You know my sig just doesn't apply to me.

What does that have to do with anything?

Huero
October 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM
Everything ever.

FRain
October 21st, 2007, 09:16 PM
What does that have to do with anything?
The world may never know.

Archon23
October 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
I did find out how many licks it took to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop. I'm serious I counted. BUT THAT SECRETS MINE!

1356 (Seriously)

Masterz1337
October 22nd, 2007, 07:05 AM
And the above statement concludes you're retarded. I specificly said in my post that the SHADING on the visor ourline would be one of the last things done, and the CMT content has NOTHING to do with H3T.

Seriously go jump off a bridge... or something.

hailstorm65
October 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
edited...

ICEE
October 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
masterz, if you wanted it to be obvious that the cmt segments of the hud were placeholder, and the visor shading wasnt done, AND that that was an outdated shield meter, why did you bother posting the picture? if you just wanted to show progress, then that is the SAME exact behavior that brought all the CMT fanboys to this forum.

and
it's garf from waynes world :raise: ooooh i thought he meant the dude in my avatar, since he posted that after i posted.

Masterz1337
October 22nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think the post masters made about is sig. means that he is insinuating that all teams are clones of himself.
If you had any thing in your head, you would realize it means that NO ONE likes fanboys and brats like we had in the CMT section, since this thread is heading right in that direction. Come back to these forums when you actually can think.

hailstorm65
October 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry mate, I got you wrong. But I guess I was a fanboy in your forum (sorry I loved SPV1 to much) but I am not that here I would enjoy to try out their map because it has a very nice weapon set.

Masterz1337
October 22nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
masterz, if you wanted it to be obvious that the cmt segments of the hud were placeholder, and the visor shading wasnt done, AND that that was an outdated shield meter, why did you bother posting the picture? if you just wanted to show progress, then that is the SAME exact behavior that brought all the CMT fanboys to this forum.

and ooooh i thought he meant the dude in my avatar, since he posted that after i posted.
Welcome to the list of H2v's members with retardation. Why did I post it? because it's an update thread!!!! Not to mention, people were looking at that craptacular HUD. Oh but I forgot, showing updates is bad!

ICEE
October 22nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Sorry mate, I got you wrong. But I guess I was a fanboy in your forum (sorry I loved SPV1 to much) but I am not that here I would enjoy to try out their map because it has a very nice weapon set.

son...of...a....whore. i knew that all people noticed were weapons. you have no idea how irritating it is when you spend all this time on bipeds, bsp, textures, and the like, and people reject your map because you choose classic weapons.

Welcome to the list of H2v's members with retardation. Why did I post it? because it's an update thread!!!! Not to mention, people were looking at that craptacular HUD. Oh but I forgot, showing updates is bad!

oh yeah? your the guy who bitched and whined so much when your team got attention, and why did it get attention? UPDATE THREADS! i think you want attention more than most people, and part of that is the attention you get when you yell at people to leave you alone. for the sake of this thread not getting to far offtopic, xfire me if you have a reply.

HDoan
October 22nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Stop flaming your hurting my feelings :(

Masterz1337
October 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
I obviously loved that attention SOOO MUCH. I mean, I only quit CMT, and locked down the forums indefinatly.

Seems like I really enjoyed all those people drooling over me.

ICEE
October 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
. for the sake of this thread not getting to far offtopic, xfire me if you have a reply.

k i guess that means nothing to you. and you know what i mean. your one of those drama leeches who need something going on or they dont feel right, even if its something that pisses them off.

HDoan
October 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
K no public beta after weapons are done Hurr thanks to paintballakid5 from XFire

Shadow5561
October 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
K no public beta after weapons are done Hurr thanks to paintballakid5 from XFire

What did he do? Also by public do you mean releasing a map on Halomaps or respected H2v members only? If you ment public by uploading the map to Halomaps then I'm going to -rep paintballa and say I'll edit this post and say I hate him.

HDoan
October 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
What did he do? Also by public do you mean releasing a map on Halomaps or respected H2v members only? If you ment public by uploading the map to Halomaps then I'm going to -rep paintballa and say I'll edit this post and say I hate him.
Uploaded to halomaps, also I dont think he has a H2V account

ICEE
October 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
what an ass.

Shadow5561
October 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Uploaded to halomaps, also I dont think he has a H2V account

Is this him? : http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=1988

Just want to make sure before I -rep him.

EDIT: paintballakid5, yep that's him going to -rep him.

Hurrvish
October 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
How did he get a copy? I thought it was for well known, respected members

EDIT: As if paintballa cares about rep :rolleyes:

HDoan
October 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Is this him? : http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=1988

Just want to make sure before I -rep him.

EDIT: paintballakid5, yep that's him going to -rep him.
I think so
EDIT:

How did he get a copy? I thought it was for well known, respected members
No, people kept bothering me these last 2 weeks for beta tests thinking there special or for a public release so It just got to me so I just canceled public one when the weapons are done

Shadow5561
October 22nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Ok but what did paintballakid do?

EDIT: Oh he was one of those idiots that keep asking to beta? So you canceled the public beta because he was a n00b? DARN YOU PAINTBALLAKID -REP!!!!!! I can't beta yet because I'm not a respected member of this community yet and I was looking forward to a public release :(!

EDIT: As if paintballa cares about rep :rolleyes:

You never know and that is all I can do to him at the moment. Right now he's on my ignore list with a -rep.

supersniper
October 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Dude don't worry I am not well respected of this community either. Just post right and be respectful and provide people with information that can help or hurt (criticizim) and in no time you will be able to beta everything you want.

hailstorm65
October 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
son...of...a....whore. i knew that all people noticed were weapons. you have no idea how irritating it is when you spend all this time on bipeds, bsp, textures, and the like, and people reject your map because you choose classic weapons.

oh yeah? your the guy who bitched and whined so much when your team got attention, and why did it get attention? UPDATE THREADS! i think you want attention more than most people, and part of that is the attention you get when you yell at people to leave you alone. for the sake of this thread not getting to far offtopic, xfire me if you have a reply.

Let me reword that a bit, I would very much enjoy playing that map with h3 weapons, because they fufilled (?grammer) the name of their team by making a nice looking weapon set, nice grenade effects, equipment and various other things.

:beating:By the way ironclad, I dont appreciate you calling me or saying that about me

ICEE
October 22nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
oh well thats tough luck then. by the way, i wasnt calling you a son of a whore... thats just an "angry phrase"

Ki11a_FTW
October 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Everyone hush up about this crap, get on topic please

HDoan
October 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Hurr crosshairs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/71b4db81be0612132523c955ebaba6c5df65159a.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/e7578f03ca0ee32cd55bde8acaf808e02811792e.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/742865a2fce0681cb89f0d75cc1ff5b585184c16.jpg

Pooky
October 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Those actually look pretty decent, but what's with the shitty fuzzy pics?

Con
October 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
It's because he used shot tags on images that don't need them.

The Gravity Hammer's FP anim doesn't look right. It needs to be at the ready to hit something, not holding it out in front of him like he is. Needs to be like this (http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/2/20/H3_MP_Epitaph_FP4.jpg).

Mauler looks good, as do the reticules. You obviously still need to fix the HUD overlay, so I won't say anything about that.

HDoan
October 23rd, 2007, 01:10 AM
thanks, I can tell you appreciate the company.

nice reticles. but fix the sillouete first :|
Hopefully Masterz will fix it, I thought the reticles were okay but for some reason theres something weird about the Mauler one, should I redo it? Also is it me or is the plasma pistol reticle in Halo 3 separated more on the Y Axis

Shadow5561
October 23rd, 2007, 05:35 AM
The reticles are fine and I don't see anything wrong with mauler one.

Martini-562
October 23rd, 2007, 06:41 AM
I actually quite like the reticles, (hey I just want to able to hit something).
But about that silhouet thing (whitish part of the hud), it seems very logical to me that the visor is so close to the player's face you shouldnt be able to see the silhouet or maybe just barely, But that could just be me.

Shadow5561
October 23rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
I actually quite like the reticles, (hey I just want to able to hit something).
But about that silhouet thing (whitish part of the hud), it seems very logical to me that the visor is so close to the player's face you shouldnt be able to see the silhouet or maybe just barely, But that could just be me.

I think by the visor/silhouet (however you spell it) they mean that the 'PS HDoan is a damn fool' needs to go.

Martini-562
October 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
No I meant the entire white part of the visor and to be honest why would anyone even want to put that about HDoan in there? Except for annoying the crap out of somebody.

FRain
October 23rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
Cmon' guys, it was all in good fun.

FRain
October 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
The Gravity Hammer's FP anim doesn't look right. It needs to be at the ready to hit something, not holding it out in front of him like he is. Needs to be like this (http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/2/20/H3_MP_Epitaph_FP4.jpg).

I didn't animate the hammer, Killa did, so I'm reanimating it.

Ki11a_FTW
October 23rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Grvity hammer has old anims, and wasnt used with ik :fail:

Archon23
October 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
No I meant the entire white part of the visor and to be honest why would anyone even want to put that about HDoan in there? Except for annoying the crap out of somebody.

You mean the part of the HUD thats there because they're making a Halo 3 mod and trying to get the HUD as close as possible to the actual one? :eyesroll:

Pooky
October 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Hopefully Masterz will fix it, I thought the reticles were okay but for some reason theres something weird about the Mauler one, should I redo it? Also is it me or is the plasma pistol reticle in Halo 3 separated more on the Y Axis

It's different, I think they changed it so it wouldn't look retarded when you're dual wielding it with a plasma rifle like it does in Halo 2.

ShadowCloud
October 23rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Nice work i like it.

Hotrod
October 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Hey, will there be dual wielded weapons in this mod (I know you can't do real dual wielding). If so, that would make it more like Halo 3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is also a SP mod, right? All in all, this is looking very promising up to now.

Archon23
October 23rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Pretty sure the Dual Wielding script doesn't sync online IIRC.

ODX
October 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
That Mauler target is great.

HDoan
October 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Dual wielding won't be in the mod, also this is a mp mod for now.

FRain
October 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hey, will there be dual wielded weapons in this mod (I know you can't do real dual wielding). If so, that would make it more like Halo 3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is also a SP mod, right? All in all, this is looking very promising up to now.

There will be a SP mod, but ATM is MP. I've actually started work on SP (see videos) but I've got a tag error and can't compile my maps anymore.

Hotrod
October 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
What I meant in dual wielding is the old way of doing it before the scripts, as in having one weapon that makes it look like you have two, but it's actually just one (like in the H2CE maps, New Mombassa, Zanzibar, etc...).

HDoan
October 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
What I meant in dual wielding is the old way of doing it before the scripts, as in having one weapon that makes it look like you have two, but it's actually just one (like in the H2CE maps, New Mombassa, Zanzibar, etc...).
I didn't really like that so Naooo maybe for the ai in campaign

ICEE
October 23rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
thats what i do for campaign, but then you have to animate the weapons to stay in there hands when they berserk and stuff

t3h m00kz
October 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Personally I feel the Spartan Laser could use some work. I'm not very adept at modding but I'm pretty sure you can decrease the rate of fire on the "projectiles" that can come out while it's charging, make a flyby sound so people can hear it.

Here are a few facts that may help this mod along (I'm sure many of you may already know this):

The Spartan Laser fires FIVE projectiles as opposed to the common belief of three, the impact when you're standing right up against what it's hitting causes splash damage; almost enough to bring the shields down.

The Mauler fires a random ammount of projectiles that varies between 8 and 12. So I'd say around 10 projectiles would be good? Each projectile does about 10 damage in Halo 1 terms; just enough to bring down the shields. The spiker's projectiles curve downwards after a while, and half the time the projectiles never shoot in the top half of the reticule.

The BR is NOT accurate at "H1 pistol" range, and the projectiles take time to reach their target; you have to lead your shots even with H3's awesome netcode.

The Sniper has very slight permanent camera impulse kickback and a firing rate of about 1 round per second.

The actual size of the reticules in H3 are very accurately the cone of firing; the pistol's not nearly as accurate as it was in Halo 1, but it hasn't been completely nuked. It could be used at a decently long range, BRing range, even (while unscoped). I can beat dudes with a BRs head on at a decent range while using a pistol.

I believe H3's FOV is around 65, but it COULD be 70 like Halo 1 but I highly doubt it, it feels a bit tighter. I don't know a good way to compare the two. I'm pretty sure you can set FOV in custom levels, but I'm not sure. Again, I'm not too adept at modding.

I'd supply more information but I'm a bit rusty on the variables.

HDoan
October 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Our laser shoots 5 projectiles and we are going to add in fly by sound and radius to it. Mauler is just enough to kill shields but if you saw a video with me killing 1 hit it means they were weakend or I meleed afterwards. Ill fix the spiker proj and also you have to lead even if you are host. Ill fix up the br accuracy and sniper is just the halo 2 sniper tags until Killa is done the sniper rifle.

Shadow5561
October 24th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Are you going to make the Sniper fire abit slower? I think in Halo 3 the sniper fired a tiny bit slower like the H1 sniper is 'pop-pop-pop-pop reload' The H3 sniper I think is 'pop--pop--pop--pop reload'.

PopeAK49
October 24th, 2007, 12:52 PM
well it is a bit slow but it think its auto aim is just right.

ICEE
October 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
decrease the rate of fire on the "projectiles" that can come out while it's charging, make a flyby sound so people can hear it.
omfg brilliance

Limited
October 24th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Whats happening?
Public beta? Update first post with links :O

Ki11a_FTW
October 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Doan made a gameplay video of coagulation, it should be posted here tonight.

I got to admit, it waz fun

FRain
October 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Also,

I LIKE RAPE

Sel
October 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Also,

I LIKE RAPE

You win someones 6 year old daughter (NOT MINE), rape her all you want.

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Can you go any lower? Just kidding, anyway I'm working on the video right now

Sel
October 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Can you go any lower? Just kidding, anyway I'm working on the video right now

Cant wait, work faster :D

Lol kiddings :P

NeiaG
October 24th, 2007, 07:54 PM
so the gravity hammer will be in this?

Ki11a_FTW
October 24th, 2007, 08:25 PM
affirmative

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Durr whats this? 7w2_OtBQHeg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w2_OtBQHeg

ICEE
October 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM
those arms really mess with the animations on the bruteshot. also, nothing impressive except the hud, which masterz made. also, get your own sniper...

Ki11a_FTW
October 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
damn, you didnt add my tank riot

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Damn you didn't send me your tank riot

Ki11a_FTW
October 24th, 2007, 09:53 PM
damn i didnt film it, thought you did

Also, i desided to make a perfected Grav hammer tommorow

sounds are ready to record, getting ready to model, and animations will be way better
im not sure if ill give them to H3T just yet, but we'll see

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Damn I don't sight jack people 24/7

FRain
October 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
those arms really mess with the animations on the bruteshot. also, nothing impressive except the hud, which masterz made. also, get your own sniper...

Also, don't say everything thats obviously going to be fixed in matters of DAYS.

Ki11a_FTW
October 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM
youve had the same crap forever, besides the spiker and SL

fix the equiptment anims, they are bothering me the most

Masterz1337
October 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM
^Theres way to much CMT H2 Coag related content tbh.

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
^Theres only the sniper rifle and the light shaders

Masterz1337
October 24th, 2007, 10:23 PM
and the brute shot.

Masterz1337
October 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM
and the banshee skins and shaders.

FRain
October 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Brute shot is yours

Banshee skins are H2 and shaders by HDoan.

HDoan
October 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
ZOMG A DOUBLE POST also the banshee shaders were made by me not CMT :)

Pooky
October 24th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Durr whats this? 7w2_OtBQHeg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w2_OtBQHeg

I don't like the silhouette on the HUD, it takes up too much of the screen.

The plasma pistol is obviously still not there and from what I saw the spiker is just as useless as always. Why is it so hard for people to make a CE spiker that's actually capable of killing people?

FRain
October 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
The spiker is NOT and I repeat NOT a useless weapon. The spiker is a little OVERPOWERED now, actually. Damage should be 1.17.

Masterz1337
October 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Because the spiker and the mauler are never really meant to be used single wielded. Not to mention, melee in CE always sucks.

Pooky
October 24th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Not to mention, melee in CE always sucks.

Until you learn to double melee and lead it properly. Remember me raping up the CMT server with the spiker melee? :haw:

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 12:03 AM
youve had the same crap forever, besides the spiker and SL

fix the equiptment anims, they are bothering me the most

true. you cant say that things are OBVIOUSLY going to be fixed when you fail to fix certain things over and over. most vids you guys upload and post here are retarded montages of you all killing each other with tanks or banshees. no one cares about that, we want to see YOUR content in action. i like to watch the vids that show your new stuff, but theres to much filler, is all im trying to say.

HDoan
October 25th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Actually if you watch my videos there is no vehicle combat unless you count that 1 banshee clip in the ascension beta video.

SnaFuBAR
October 25th, 2007, 12:15 AM
The only thing I ever see improving is the AR, and that's done, but now it's not again. Get some more done please. Seeing everything but the AR look like crap is getting really old.

Shadow5561
October 25th, 2007, 05:49 AM
I agree with n00b1n8r. Keep the beefed up Spiker because you can't duel wield. The Missle Pod is also abit wierd looking. Also don't overuse the sniper in a video. Most of the action was of a ripped CMT H2 sniper for half of the video then you used overall weapons you did work on.

FRain
October 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM
true. you cant say that things are OBVIOUSLY going to be fixed when you fail to fix certain things over and over. most vids you guys upload and post here are retarded montages of you all killing each other with tanks or banshees. no one cares about that, we want to see YOUR content in action. i like to watch the vids that show your new stuff, but theres to much filler, is all im trying to say.
Okay, what the shit? In our montages, we're mainly on FOOT, WATCH THEM ALL. There's only like 1 or 2 banshee fights, and alot of AR combat. (in this mostly sniper combat) but anyways, I have to say, it was DAMN FUN though.

But seriously, what the shit ironclad, we havent had a tank in a SINGLE MAP except this map. Banshees, maybe, but mainly we're on foot. That montage has about 20 sniper kills, a bruteshot banshee kill, a bruteshot tank kill, and that's it.

Get your DAMN facts right before you post.

e: Also, I'm just reminding you guys that this is the gameplay porportion of H3T. Gameplay is first. After that we work on sexy graphics :)

We've pretty much almost done gameplay, just barely started working on graphics. (ie: bumpmaps on bsp, finished particle effects, etc)

Gameplay needs a few fixes, however. Animations are considered gameplay, because they can really fuck with your head when they look like shit. (bruteshot being reanimated btw :) )

Con
October 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
:words:
Get your DAMN facts right before you post.

We to avoid his point by ranting about banshees and tanks. Your videos suck nuts, make better ones where you actually show us what you've been working on instead of running around shooting at each other. Take a look at leet's videos.

SnaFuBAR
October 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I agree. What are you talking about gameplay for when you're using modded/ripped maps for? Sexy graphics? Talk about that when you get it to look like maps like portent and such. You're not there; you're not even close.

Work on your animations and your content.

Choking Victim
October 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Just watched the video, if you can totally own a single guy on foot with homing rockets, then thats a total gameplay killer. Either dont include homing on the missile pod, or dont include the weapon at all. Cycling through your weapons just to drop an equipment is another gameplay killer, making it a single button is something that should've been thought out long ago. If it takes longer than 30 seconds to drop a bubble shield, i know ill never use it in a heated battle. Also, why are you thinking of gameplay so early in the game? you dont even have your own models ingame and its riddled with what i assume is 'placeholder content', and everything you once called a placeholder has somehow become a vital part of the mod (for example con's spiker) though iirc thats something con gave you permission to use if he thought the mod was good enough. tbh, this is not shaping up too well. :(

supersniper
October 25th, 2007, 04:48 PM
If I recall the missile pod only locked on to vehicles in Halo 3 NOT people. So I think you guys should change that little problem.

Shadow5561
October 25th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Choking has a point. You said cons Spiker skin was only a placeholder but that has become the main Spiker skin. What other things were placeholders? Oh! The Battle Rifle bitmap you said was only a placeholder but you kept that.

Though the things you have said that were placeholders were mostly bitmaps, textures, models ect. So I guess it would be okay to say that all that stuff is in the sexy graphics term so maybe that's why those things haven't been fixed yet.

Masterz1337
October 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM
If I recall the missile pod only locked on to vehicles in Halo 3 NOT people. So I think you guys should change that little problem.
Were it so easy.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
The only thing I ever see improving is the AR, and that's done, but now it's not again. Get some more done please. Seeing everything but the AR look like crap is getting really old.

yes.

and as for the tank and banshee, maybe that wasnt in your video so much, but that is all you guys did in that beta test i attended. YOU in particular frain. you'd think you'd focus on the weapons and such that you are actually testing...

i dont mean this to any offense, i feel like i have to say this because apparently i come off as an offensive person... (my grandma told me that so i feel kinda bad HAHA)

FRain
October 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Choking has a point. You said cons Spiker skin was only a placeholder but that has become the main Spiker skin. What other things were placeholders? Oh! The Battle Rifle bitmap you said was only a placeholder but you kept that. - Because I was given permission to use it. Also, the BR bitmap I got rid of, you do realize that.

Though the things you have said that were placeholders were mostly bitmaps, textures, models ect. So I guess it would be okay to say that all that stuff is in the sexy graphics term so maybe that's why those things haven't been fixed yet.

Okay, obviously this is all going downhill. Time for a lock :)

I'll reopen this thread until you guys mature a little bit. Stop criticising the things I tell you specifically not to.