PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Who wants to....

SMASH
October 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
run through a couple levels of Campaign on Legendary with me tonight? I'm hella bored and hella stuck :-/.

Send me a friend request: SMASH1337

LinkandKvel
October 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I'll try to.

Elite Killa
October 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Not to be rude, but from now on, I only send friend requests to people I know in the real world, like my friends and such.

Again, I wasn't trying to be rude.

Mr Buckshot
October 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Can't you join a co-op game with random people? I don't have Halo 3 (not till December) but I do know that other games with co-op allow for this.

PlasbianX
October 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Id do it but how late? >_> Its 8 PM est here, and the latest ill stay on is till 11

Arteen
October 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Be a man and beat Legendary solo! :cool:

Hotrod
October 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Be a man and beat Legendary solo! :cool:

What he said. It's much harder and more fun doing it alone. Don't try beating it all in a few hours though, it won't happen.

Jay2645
October 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
It's freakin' impossible at some points, but you CAN beat H3 on Legendary.

Hotrod
October 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Oxymoron maybe?

Amit
October 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Oxymoron maybe?

Of course. Obviously it's possible to beat Halo 3 on Legendary otherwise it would be one shitty ass game regardless of how good the game plays on other difficulties.

Jay2645
October 24th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Oxymoron maybe?
I was trying not to run into that, I almost said:
It's freakin' impossible to beat Halo 3 on Legendary, but it IS possible.

That one would have definitely been an oxymoron.

Here's another:
Military Intelligence.

CtrlAltDestroy
October 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I didn't find legendary [solo; not co-op] that hard... some parts frustrating, maybe. (ie: lack of checkpoint after first scarab on the covenant)

FRain
October 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Especially on co-op you have like only 1/2 the checkpoints in the game. I remember there being a checkpoint half way through Tsavo Highway, and there wasn't one when I was playing Co-op.

Atty
October 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Not to be rude, but from now on, I only send friend requests to people I know in the real world, like my friends and such.

Again, I wasn't trying to be rude.And we care why? You didn't have to post, if you didn't want to be rude you should have just not said anything. None of us really care who you send requests to nor your reasons for sending them.

I would but I've got some work to do, send me one though and later on we can. :)

Also, if my list is full wait a day or so, I'll be clearing it later tonight.

Arteen
October 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I didn't find legendary [solo; not co-op] that hard... some parts frustrating, maybe. (ie: lack of checkpoint after first scarab on the covenant)
I don't think the lack of a checkpoint there was much of a problem if I recall correctly. I think I had a laser and a rocket or frg marine on my Hornet, so I just tried to blast their legs until one of them fell. I then proceeded to blow of the back covering of the downed Scarab and hit its weak point for massive damage while avoiding fire from the other Scarab. With one Scarab down, you simply repeat, and its easier because you don't have to worry about fire from the other Scarab.

The two areas in the game that I recall being the most frustrating were (besides vehicle levels where your marines decide not to target the enemy that is killing you) where in Crow's Nest and Tsavo Highway. Specifically, the part of Crow's Nest where you entered a long hallway filled entirely with Brutes and one hammer Brute in the back, with the grav lift equipment on the ground somewhere. That room is such a pain.

In Tsavo Highway, it was the area after the first vehicle segment, on the hill in the back corner where a few marines were holed up, where you're eventually greeted by a Wraith to complement the FRG Brute. After taking down as many Brutes as I could with my battle rifle, I ended up having to retreat all the way up to the pipe area where the sniper is, but I was one bullet short of killing the FRG Brute (I got all the others), so I had to sneak all the way back down, dodging the 1-hit KO mortar shots, and kill the Brute before it could kill me. I unloaded all the FRG rounds and a mine on the Wraith but that didn't destroy it, so I had to sneak up to it and board it without it killing me and forcing me to fight that sequence again. It was so much easier sending wave after wave of disposable Arbiter on co-op. :(

CtrlAltDestroy
October 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I just Battle rifle'd all the brutes in the crow's nest part; pretty simple imo.

The tsavo highway wraith & phantom part was kinda frustrating at first, then I figured I would just walk past & skip everything... rofl.

HDoan
October 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I used the grav lift up, then went into that room with a shotgun, when it came through WTF PAWN IT.

Timo
October 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Both of the parts Arteen said have been my worst parts of the game too D:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsCampaignHalo3.aspx?gameid=24319412&player=JT%20014
Bit of fun ;)

PlasbianX
October 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Yea, the Crows Nest is giving me trouble. I get to the chief with the hammer and no matter what i do he still kills me ><

MNC
October 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Man, my friend decided to go through legendary with me (not mutual, but I gave in...) and he goes:"Oh yeah, let's do metagame too." Fog, Thunderstorm and another one for Sierra 117.

It was fun but frustrating :(