PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Skull problems and film issues

Arteen
October 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
So, I was playing through Cortana solo on Legendary. I saved and quit halfway through and went through the saved film of the portion I had finished and I noticed the location of the Tilt skull so I decided that I would go and grab it. So I found a way to get to it, picked it up, meleed with it, dropped it, and nothing happened. No achievement message and it didn't appear in the Campaign options menu, even after I beat the level. Am I doing something wrong, or have I run into a game bug? If I recall correctly, when I picked up Mythic and Iron I got an achievent message right away, and when I picked up the achievement-less Blind skull, it appeared as found in the options menu.

Also, whenever I save a Campaign film and try to replay it from the Campaign list in the theater menu I get the following message:
This film is no longer valid and cannot be played. There may be an error with the film, or it may be from an earlier version of Halo 3.
It works fine when I watch it from the Recent Films list, and occasionally one of the films works from the Campaign list, but I don't know why I keep getting this error. It's very annoying. Any ideas?

Timo
October 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Did you start the level from the very beginning?

Arteen
October 20th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Yep. It's not there if you start at a rally point. I grabbed it twice on Legendary and then I went back through it on Normal and grabbed it, but no achievement or anything. :(

Arteen
October 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
The film issue seems to have resolved itself. As for the skull issue, apparently the Tilt achievement was not activating because that wasn't the Tilt skull. Did Bungie really need to put two skulls in that level if one of them doesn't do anything? The skull that I thought was Tilt is in the reactor room, on top of the canopy/ceiling, in a pile of bones. Are there other hidden skulls in the game that don't do anything? Ugh, I hate the Cortana level even more now.

Hotrod
October 21st, 2007, 05:54 PM
The film issue seems to have resolved itself. As for the skull issue, apparently the Tilt achievement was not activating because that wasn't the Tilt skull. Did Bungie really need to put two skulls in that level if one of them doesn't do anything? The skull that I thought was Tilt is in the reactor room, on top of the canopy/ceiling, in a pile of bones. Are there other hidden skulls in the game that don't do anything? Ugh, I hate the Cortana level even more now.

You're getting the wrong one. The Tilt Skull is in the room where Crtana says that "she likes to play games too", at the top of the room.

Con
October 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
I think you need to carry the skull to a checkpoint or the end of the level or something.

Jay2645
October 21st, 2007, 11:35 PM
Wait. What does that skull do? If it isn't a gold skull, is it a silver skull? Or is it just a skull?

I want moar sliver skulls, lol.

Timo
October 22nd, 2007, 04:40 AM
I don't think it's that Conscars, on a few occasions I picked up the skull, dropped it and quit and it turned up in the campaign menu. Oh and Jay, there's a few useless skulls lying around the campaign, that do nothing at all.

Jay2645
October 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I don't think it's that Conscars, on a few occasions I picked up the skull, dropped it and quit and it turned up in the campaign menu. Oh and Jay, there's a few useless skulls lying around the campaign, that do nothing at all.
Ah.
Maybe Bungie should add more Silver skulls in the next H3 update then. I like making Grunt's heads explode while children scream, "YAY!"

Dr Nick
October 26th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Ah.
Maybe Bungie should add more Silver skulls in the next H3 update then. I like making Grunt's heads explode while children scream, "YAY!"I always have GBP on!

I like to see how many headshots I can get in a row.