PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Frostbite

Con
October 21st, 2007, 12:07 AM
I reached that point of development today where you are surprised to see that your map is finished. I thank you guys for supporting me along the development of this map, and I hope you enjoy it!

Download links
http://files.filefront.com/Frostbiterar/;8848184;/fileinfo.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/64050196/Frostbite.rar.html
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2235

Screenshots
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4881/00007pf6.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4159/00004tu4.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9650/00002wa8.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7417/00000xk8.jpg

Have fun, I hope to see all of you ingame!

FRain
October 21st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Have my babies.

Now.

Boba
October 21st, 2007, 12:13 AM
Have my babies.

Now.
TOO LATE

Kalub
October 21st, 2007, 12:15 AM
Looks rushed.... you should stop being a newb and learn max right

jk

there are a whole bunch of tutorials out there to help you

you sexy beast you

with development

if you neg rep me for this comment i will have nuero drain the acid from his ass onto your dick and kill you dead

if you need any links pm me

jk, map looks awesome <3

Con
October 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
If anyone wants to play, I'll be hosting

Pooky
October 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
well I'm sure this is great for you h2v faggots :<

Anton
October 21st, 2007, 12:21 AM
Good job Conscars! Glad to see this is finally finished.

Bossniak
October 21st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Nice! Downloading! :D

DaneO'Roo
October 21st, 2007, 01:37 AM
Con you can do better than that...it's a nice layout and all that but the actual texturing is really quite bland. I'm sure it'd play great though so :cheers:

Con
October 21st, 2007, 01:56 AM
I knew you were going to say that Dano ;p We've been over that in the other thread.

beele
October 21st, 2007, 05:15 AM
nice map, I will be playing it later today.

Roostervier
October 21st, 2007, 07:08 AM
Will be fun playing it with other people besides Conscars (he always kicks my ass :gonk:)! :D

Syuusuke
October 21st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Hey hey, it's released!

I WANT XBL GOLD, NOW =/

FRain
October 21st, 2007, 01:24 PM
TOO LATE

FUCK THAT (grabs sperm gun)

SonicMaster326
October 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
My own little backstory, taking place after the events of Halo 3:

High Ground was hit by a nuclear bomb during the Human-Covenant war, which started a nuclear winter in the area. The UNSC decided to rebuild the facility, but only as a temporary storage base. As time went on, though, it began to be used as a training ground for the newest generation of SPARTAN IIII soldiers, in case there was a new threat.

{XF}Lowsy
October 21st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hey Conscars, nice job on finishing the map. I look forward to a match sometime.

Pooky
October 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
well I'm sure this is great for you h2v faggots :<
So you want to explain who I was disrespecting, insulting, or flaming this time?

Flyboy
October 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM

High Ground was hit by a nuclear bomb during the Human-Covenant war, which started a nuclear winter in the area. The UNSC decided to rebuild the facility, but only as a temporary storage base. As time went on, though, it began to be used as a training ground for the newest generation of SPARTAN IIII soldiers, in case there was a new threat.
Spartan IV

If you don't know your numerals don't use them.

z13dggy
October 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
looks good man

Skyline
October 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
So you want to explain who I was disrespecting, insulting, or flaming this time?
Me :v.

Nice map. Good times playing the beta.

Syuusuke
October 22nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
And me.

Needs more Dedi so I can play.

OmegaDragon
October 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
I want h2v now D:
Looks great, but the ground looks kinda plain, but then again, I haven't seen it ingame...

SonicMaster326
October 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM

High Ground was hit by a nuclear bomb during the Human-Covenant war, which started a nuclear winter in the area. The UNSC decided to rebuild the facility, but only as a temporary storage base. As time went on, though, it began to be used as a training ground for the newest generation of SPARTAN IV soldiers, in case there was a new threat.
Fix'd. >< I wasn't thinking.

johnnyblaz20
October 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I just checked it out in-game, and well its okay. its not too large so it would be action packed but i think it needs more structure. Not more structures but maybe more ledges, hiding areas, well it just needs something to make it pop. I'm not saying its a bad map because i can tell you put some time into it and its cool.

Why does this map show up in-game and maps i'm working on do not? It started after the last update. Sorry its just another side question i had.

Con
October 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Did you remember to give them a name? Otherwise they'll compile as the default "halo 2 level" or something like that.

stunt_man
October 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Sweet map, can't wait for Valhalla!

Seriously, though - this is good quality shit. It's not very detailed, but it's by far the best H2V map out so far released by the community (well I guess that's not saying much)...

Keep it up!

johnnyblaz20
October 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Yes i named my map. The name was showing up ingame untill the last update that went through. I really dont know why..
There are certain other maps that dont show up too.. If anyone has that "extreme climb" map can you see if that one shows up for you? thanks.

Con
October 25th, 2007, 05:48 PM
some older maps don't work after the update. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it, sorry :( Try making a thread in the H2V section and you might find some more help.

johnnyblaz20
October 25th, 2007, 05:57 PM
But that cat might bite my finger.

Kidding. Thanks.

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 04:20 AM
It's definitely the best looking H2V map I've seen so far, but even so, the textures seem kinda washed out. Seems like it needs more contrast somewhere...
but nice work! Glad to see some content going out to H2V.

{XF}Lowsy
October 26th, 2007, 09:10 AM
No offense to Frostbite/Conscars (because I like it) - But have you not seen 'Posterity'??? Now that is a super sweet map.

I think I'm going to setup one of our servers with both maps this weekend... Just gotta create some good gametypes..

z13dggy
October 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
sweet map

Syuusuke
October 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
No offense to Frostbite/Conscars (because I like it) - But have you not seen 'Posterity'??? Now that is a super sweet map.

I think I'm going to setup one of our servers with both maps this weekend... Just gotta create some good gametypes..

Please do.

Corndogman
October 31st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Halo CE conversion? maybe> maaaaybe? please... do it now! lol, jk. great work con. i just wish i had h2v so i could play it. although i agree with D4no, the textures are a little bland.

Con
November 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM
Halo CE conversion?
I don't feel like going through the effort of doing that, so no.

Sasc
November 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Looks pretty nice, but I do feel that the boxes on the road look a little out of place. I think they possibly make the road look a little cluttered. That was my initial thought when I saw that first image.

I do like the environment textures though, they work well together.

Roostervier
November 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM
The concept of his map was basically started around zombies, and whilst playing zombies, crates help. So yeah, that is their purpose, I'd guess.

Con
November 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
There's a bunch in the bases for that, yes, but the ones outside are to provide cover since there really needed to be more outside.

Dole
November 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
leul, when I first saw the thread name I thought it said 'Frostitute'. Yeah.

LlamaMaster
November 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
leul, when I first saw the thread name I thought it said 'Frostitute'. Yeah.
Hard Nipples.

Also, nice map. I'd say "to bad I don't have H2V", but I don't really want it anymore. :eyesroll:

TeeKup
November 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Beautiful, I'd love to play this if I had a computer.

SuperSunny
November 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Beautiful work

Bastinka
November 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I know I shouldn't be the one saying this..
but to me the lighting of the map sucks balls. It doesn't look very halo2-esque at all.

Fix some things up a bit, or either its just me. The environment doesn't really come together in a flow.. Like biocroc said, it looks rushed, just thrown into a random environment.

Lots of more work could be put into this to make it look ace.

The model overall is very nice though. I like it, just not the environmental flow of it.
EDIT: I'll get pics to show you what I mean.

EDIT #2:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/SilentWindPL/00002wa8.jpg
The Green part seems very nicely put together, nice interest and gives it a unique curiosity of thought.

The Red part could use more grooves/inlets or wedge of details. A flat long surface seems kind of boring and throws the theme completely off. An object, or interesting structure, could be planed along that surface to add more interest and give the environment a nicer look.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/SilentWindPL/00004tu4.jpg
The Cylinders could have a nicer texture and more polygons to make it look rounder.

The wall is just like a boxy 'cut-in' that came out of nowhere, it could have some detail around the edges and something running along the colored-in red part.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/SilentWindPL/00000xk8.jpg
Like with the first picture I said..

A flat long surface seems kind of boring and throws the theme completely off.And basically the same thing I just said with the first picture.

This isn't a flaming for you people out there, I'm just trying to criticize. Sorry if it doesn't sound nice or kind, I intended it to sound nice.

Just pointing out the things I was talking about :)

Con
November 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
your images don't work

edit: firefox issue

Thanks for the crit :)

malolo420
November 12th, 2007, 05:49 AM
That map looks awesome, I want h2 PC:(