PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Zero Time to Theatrical

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/18309/PC/Unreal-Tournament-III

Unreal Tournament 3 SP trailer available. All in engine -- yaddie-yadda...

"That skank is their high end pussy-dent... named Akasha... she hands non-combat ops like the attack on Twin-Souls"

Ah Malcolm, you never cease to be awesome.

DaneO'Roo
October 25th, 2007, 03:16 AM
This should shut UT haters the FUCK UP.

Loading now.

*edit*

FUCKING EPIC

Jesus Christ, the artists at Epic really are the best of the best.

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Jesus Christ, the artists at Epic really are the best of the best.Thats what happens when your Chinese outsource workers are paid as much as most mediocre American videogame company's average worker.

It tends to attract the best of the best and allows you to be VERY picky.

DaneO'Roo
October 25th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I see. The concept artists and the design team are just fantastic.

Archon23
October 25th, 2007, 06:18 AM
All my fap are belong to this.

Tweek
October 25th, 2007, 06:26 AM
om nom nom, i just ate epix

Zeph
October 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM
This should shut UT haters the FUCK UP.

Loading now.

*edit*

FUCKING EPIC

Jesus Christ, the artists at Epic really are the best of the best.
I dont like UT.

Atty
October 25th, 2007, 09:56 AM
It seemed cheesy. There was a lot about it I found a bit off and wrong, like when they were walking and talking but holding their weapons as if they were still playable characters, that looked a bit off. The whole feeling to their discussions seemed very fake, not enough life shown. I dunno, maybe its just me, but I'm not going to get down on my knees and blow epic for this one. :-\

Con
October 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I agree with atty. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

DaneO'Roo
October 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
It seemed cheesy. There was a lot about it I found a bit off and wrong, like when they were walking and talking but holding their weapons as if they were still playable characters, that looked a bit off. What? You've never seen soldiers walk and talk while holding their guns before? It's really not that farfetched. If you had a Flak Cannon that looked that good, I'd doubt you'd sit it down.The whole feeling to their discussions seemed very fake, not enough life shown. It was a short trailer, and there was like, 2 small excerpts of what look like full blown cinematics. What did you want, a poem? It's a game about a deathmatch tournament where the athletes kill each other for sport. Sometimes big dramatic Shakespearianesque speeches and lengthy dialog about the battle with an accompanying string section seem very cheesy and over the top to me. things are I dunno, maybe its just me, but I'm not going to get down on my knees and blow epic for this one. :-\

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Remember -- this was an afterthought. This didn't exist even a year and a half ago. We were supposed to be playing UT3 late 2006/early 2007 but since Gears did so well and less than half of the copies of UT2004 sold went online... they felt inferior. So they added a campaign mode to add extra value.

With Epic its all about value -- its +1 reasons to buy it.

UT2007 was not designed to be a single player game... their first decision to make it better for single-player options was to add voice-controlled bots. They quickly realized with Gears that just wouldn't cut it. So -- voice-controlled bots out (it seems -- it may still be in the pipe but later IRC chats with Epic suggest they even forgot about it), campaign mode in.

om nom nom, i just ate epix
Silly Rabbit, Epix aren't for kids!

Amit
October 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Silly Rabbit, Epix aren't for kids!

LOL

Skiiran
October 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
That story seems corny and contrived as shit. Plus, it's not like it's going to be a radical gameplay change for SP or some shit, it's still gonna be deathmatch lolololol. Count me out.

343guiltymc
October 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Don't seem that epic. A lot of play games for it's single player.

Atty
October 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
What? You've never seen soldiers walk and talk while holding their guns before? It's really not that farfetched. If you had a Flak Cannon that looked that good, I'd doubt you'd sit it down.
I have. But they looked more like they just added a series of mouth movements and head bobs to accompany the regular walking, along with a cheesy little bob my weapon up and down. They could have them just stow the weapons on their back/hips, that would be a bit more realistic. Of course you'll argue that its combat and we all know a soldier never puts his weapon down when you can possibly be attacked, but still, the whole thing looked bad to me. And I wouldn't care what the weapon looked like, I'm looking at it as if I was in the real world, to me it would look no better or worse than it ever could, so I doubt I'd care how good it looked when considering whether I'd put my weapon down or not.

It was a short trailer, and there was like, 2 small excerpts of what look like full blown cinematics. What did you want, a poem? It's a game about a deathmatch tournament where the athletes kill each other for sport. Sometimes big dramatic Shakespearianesque speeches and lengthy dialog about the battle with an accompanying string section seem very cheesy and over the top to me. I'm not talking about having a full on script dedicated to the 2 minutes of actual dialog in the game, I'm talking about the dialog actually seeming real. That’s my #1 gripe with video games, all the dialog seems faked. Responses are delayed, they are cheesy, and the whole thing just seems bad, it’s my opinion. I feel the same way with 92% of Halo 3's dialog as well, same with all most every other video game I've ever played.

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 05:55 PM
The point of their SP is the gameplay. You can actually choose your next mission in fashion similar to C&C1 and Red Alert on a large virtual globe. Completing side objectives gives you upgrades but failing to complete certain objectives hinders you later.

So it should be very fun to be able to say "Fuck the invasion here, I'm taking over this Necris colony *here* to get some upgrades... I'll put up with the extra enemy resistance *here* later."

DaneO'Roo
October 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
What and trudging through most of Halo 2 is epic? Please.

Sorry, but the gameplay and the action involved is by far the most epic I've seen todate. If you think halo is more intense, your wrong. Sorry but walking slowly across blood gulch shooting pistol bullets at someone get's kinda old.

Oh, and the campaign isn't going to be just deathmatch, fools. Theres the whole thing about the necris creating open warfare.

Basically that means the games single player is extending outside the boundaries of the tournament. You'll still have your ctf, bombing run, deathmatch arena style levels, but then there are going to be the levels where it's got nothing to do with the tournament itself, and your going through campaign style missions.

Personally, I love playing with huge bulky gladiators with highly ornamented armour, with a shitload of awesome guns splattering people all over the walls. Also, sniper headshots have never ever been more satisfying.

Also, Atty, I see what you mean. I guess it's hard to properly animate dialog or something. I thought you meant the nature of why they were carrying their guns, and the nature of their speech, not the actual visual issues with it.

Phopojijo
October 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Oh, and the campaign isn't going to be just deathmatch, fools. Theres the whole thing about the necris creating open warfare.

Basically that means the games single player is extending outside the boundaries of the tournament. You'll still have your ctf, bombing run, deathmatch arena style levels, but then there are going to be the levels where it's got nothing to do with the tournament itself, and your going through campaign style missions.Actually its going to basically not be involving a tournament at all from what I understand. That's UT2004.

This one as I said about is sort of a choose your adventure C&C style warpath of revenge. Again... giant globe of objectives linked which you can choose the branches to follow... what side missions to do... whatever.

Think of it like Unreal 3 and Unreal Tournament 3 bundled together.

Tweek
October 26th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Think of it like Unreal 3 and Unreal Tournament 3 bundled together.

i loved unreal 2.
i'll love unreal 3 too.