PDA

View Full Version : and this time.... battle rifles

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM
http://files.filefront.com/BRreload2mov/;8888112;/fileinfo.html

hi, this is my most recent animation. if you haven't noticed, i always post reloads because they're the hardest to make, and the easiest to judge. I've gotten only positive criticism so far, which is BAD! please, critique my battle rifle reload, and know that the bitmap on the ophandle isn't in the game, its just there to stand out from the rest of the rifle. thank you.

MNC
October 25th, 2007, 06:15 PM
It looks really nice. The only thing I can say doesn't feel right is that he eases too smoothly into the firing stance... But I suck at giving critique, and I'm no animation guru.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
no matter, everyones criticism is helpful

Sever
October 25th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, the end (after he re-cocks the rifle), looks too robotic. give it a few more frames and more deviation from the current direct path.

Botolf
October 25th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I think shoving the clip in with his palm would look cooler. Just my opinion, though, I'm nowhere near knowledgeable with firearms :p

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
thanks guys. when he returns the gun to its position, i suppose i can make it dip a bit, and his left hand catches it on the end and lifts it back.

Shadow5561
October 25th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ok I don't know if the animation is sped up but when he takes the clip out and puts it back in he goes way to fast. It's like he takes the clip out then puts the same clip back in really fast.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM
yes it is a bit faster on stream for some reason. if you think THATS to fast you should have seen the way it originally was... lol

teh lag
October 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
It's nicer than your last animations, that's for sure. It still could use better time management - you could definately do well to have some time between mag out and mag in, and trim some time out of other parts. The positioning of the left hand feels a bit funny throughout... as does the whole gun. I'm not sure if it's just how you have the gun relative to the camera or a scaling issue, but it definately looks strange to me.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
you mean the guns normal position? yeah it is a bit awkward, but i dont really plan on changing it much, if at all. i hate positions that show to much arm, but i think I over did the hiding of it a bit. and thanks for the compliment. i do intend to only improve:neckbeard:

AAA
October 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
When cocking the gun, it looks like he's just sliding the knob forward. There's no actual force being put into it, way too easy looking. No snapping, no pushing. Just sliding. Only reason I mentioned this was because it's the only thing no one else mentioned.

ODX
October 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Why is the ammo counter always screwed up looking?

Roostervier
October 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Because most animators cbf'd to properly apply the correct bitmaps to both, not to mention along with an opacity map. It just isn't significant enough; besides, it is fine in game anyway.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Because most animators cbf'd to properly apply the correct bitmaps to both, not to mention along with an opacity map. It just isn't significant enough; besides, it is fine in game anyway.

true dat. now if i were animating the counter, id do it

Xegrot
October 25th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I think it looks pretty good. However, a BR animation I would prefer was the one from the Halo 2 E3 Demo back in 0...3, 02? I dunno what year it was. But I loved that animation.

ICEE
October 25th, 2007, 11:31 PM
well hunt me down a vid or something and ill see what i can do

Shadow5561
October 26th, 2007, 05:52 AM
I hunted down a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlTtnnGuA4

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 26th, 2007, 07:46 AM
the origins look good, but the reload seems a little fast..

ICEE
October 26th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I hunted down a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlTtnnGuA4

sorry, but im not making it anything like that. it looks bad, its basically just the halo 1 assault rifle animations

CtrlAltDestroy
October 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM
its basically just the halo 1 assault rifle animations

are you fucking joking

ICEE
October 26th, 2007, 05:39 PM
no, they look almost the same to me, just with a few movements, and its choppy. i don't like it.

CtrlAltDestroy
October 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
well, any experienced animator would notice several critical differences

also, the animation is smooth as fuck, even moreso than the halo 1 assault rifle

what are you smoking

ICEE
October 26th, 2007, 05:44 PM
actually im in socal right now, and with the current air quality, im smoking many things...

the basic motions are the same, i never said it was the same animation. in any case i dont like it. also the moving animation detatches the thumb from the rifle.

smooth as fuckalso, how smooth is fuck, exactly?

Tweek
October 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
also, how smooth is fuck, exactly?

the fact you don't know made me laugh.

CtrlAltDestroy
October 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
from what im told its very smooth lol

ICEE
October 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
haha im 16 and a ginger. it dont take much logic to figure that i wouldnt know. anyways this is becoming pointless now, so im locking it.

FRain
October 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
If you don't know what smooth as fuck is, then you need to go take some english classes. :eng101:

ICEE
October 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
unlocked just to say this: ENGLISH CLASS IS NOT GOING TO TEACH YOU HOW SMOOTH FUCK IS. IF IT DOES YOU SHOULD PROBABLY TAKE A DIFFERENT ENGLISH CLASS! relocked