PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Crysis is so close...

atomicpower93
October 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Crysis is so close...
i can taste it, right now the demo is out in an hour please post your thoughts as i am eager to see them
(mmmm salty)

Tweek
October 26th, 2007, 03:29 AM
can't say i care much tbh :P

Rob Oplawar
October 26th, 2007, 03:51 AM
but... the graphics... and... the physics... and... well wait, that's pretty much it, isn't it? but still, damn, the graphics! looks very pretty. Sigh, I guess it's time to pull out the old Vista install key so I can get that running again. Fuckin upgrades deactivated it. grumble.

jahrain
October 26th, 2007, 04:39 AM
This is the Single player demo right? The multiplayer sucks tbh. But I still have hope that the single player wont be another fail.

atomicpower93
October 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM
yes its the single player but its been held back another day
:(

FireDragon04
October 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
The Multiplayer of Crysis isn't the best, i personally hope the single player is much better or it won't be on my 'buy' list. I no I'm picking up Black Site: Area 52 for the 360 tomorrow because i always test sci-fi games out, it looks good.

Today the Crysis Single Player demo comes out for those who have preordered it, (it already has actually) but tomorrow the whole world of gamers will be able to test the single player out, hopefully it holds up more then it's multiplayer.
If not my list will only consist of UT3 and Mass Effect.

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Single player demo came out a short time ago. Nice big 1.7GB download. :awesome:

You know where to get it.

StankBacon
October 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
O-o...

the site says it wont be out for another 14 hours...

Syuusuke
October 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I don't know where to get it =/

And it said it won't be out for another NEGATIVE 14 hours. They owe us 14 hours!

Though I don't get why it's counting DOWN.

atomicpower93
October 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
should have been out at 9am (gmt) this morning damn rip-off, the people who pre-ordered it are getting their moneys worth

StankBacon
October 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
nvm i found a link. (http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe) :D

Syuusuke
October 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Crysis Demo will be public for other users tomorrow (October 27th) at 12:00 UTC/GMT

Oh well.

StankBacon
October 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
hint: what girls get every month..

:o

Xetsuei
October 26th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Downloading right now.

Zeph
October 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I need a link. I accidentally put my birthday as 1997 and I cant get into EA's site. I've tried deleting the cookie, but it doesn't work. So, I'm stuck outside of the site :(.

Xetsuei
October 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM
http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

StankBacon
October 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
pfft, people couldnt find my link..

>.>

Syuusuke
October 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
hint: what girls get every month..

:o

A banging?

Heh, I found it already somehow...Downloading at my max speed...which is not very fast.

Amit
October 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
pfft, people couldnt find my link..

>.>

I did lol, your words just made me move my mouse over the post lol, Period you nut cases! Fast download speeds too but it appears to be capped at 500kb/s.

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Single player demo came out a short time ago. Nice big 1.7GB download. :awesome:

You know where to get it.Done, now installing. :awesome:

Amit
October 26th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Done, now installing. :awesome:

Have fun, NO SPOILERS!

Botolf
October 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Meh, Crysis... :fail:

FireDragon04
October 26th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Just got back, downloading atm, going at 1.24mb/s (1240kb/s) atm so not as a fast as I'd like but I'll have it done and installed soon.
What do everyone else think about it?

Tweek
October 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM
ill download it tomorrow.

Zeph
October 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
going 75-200ish kb/s from that link up there. My max down at home is about 600kb/s :(

FireDragon04
October 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Installing at the moment.
I'll write my pre-play impressions later. Just for the people who cba to download yet, or don't have a high enough system yet.
Won't include any spoilers. Also, people who are reading this and thinking 'saddo' or pointless. Thanks! [/sarcasam] Anyway, yea not too long untill it's done so 'todaloo' lol.

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
The first impression I got was "owned". Going to need to upgrade the 7950GT 512mb just for this game. :smith:

Oh and you might want to use a CRT...

Amit
October 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
The first impression I got was "owned". Going to need to upgrade the 7950GT 512mb just for this game. :smith:

Oh and you might want to use a CRT...

I was playing the first part of the level but after two checkpoints when i was heading towards some real action, the game started to become non-responsive and it would register a button press longer than it should have. Graphics are amazing! Physics are crazy too! lol you can pick up a guy by his neck and shoot another one with the free hand, then throw the guy in your hand into a tree or something. Unfortunately after the game started getting screwed I tried to go back to the main menu but the game froze for 5 mins so i restarted and i came to tell you guys this.

P.S. Why use a CRT?

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 07:35 PM
The LCD's backlight just kills the dark parts of the demo, like in the begining. Its up to personal preference, though. :)

I'm going to go run through it again and grab some screenshots.

Bossniak
October 26th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Played it on very high and mostly got 15-20fps. Will play it later on lower settings.

FireDragon04
October 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM
WOAH!!!!

That was amazing!
Loaded up the demo, you get swung straight into the first level, and it's pretty lengthy to say that. With a great opening and amazing voice actors i was like wow. But soon i found i ran out of ammo quicker then ever before so i had to use stealth and strength to take down some of my enemies, before the very confusing, yet amazing ending to the demo.

I love the whole 'in game' swing into cut scenes they feel very natural.
The graphics looked great and the wide arsenal already this early in the game is great.

My only real complaint would be the difficulty finding ammo, the enemies seemed to react very well and although it was set to 'normal' difficultly it was pretty easy.

I personally was not going to buy the game for a while, but i think i may have to pick this one up when its released because i want to play through the rest of this action packed shooter.

Great first views and hopefully more people with able computers (:lol:) will be able to comment aswell.
I played on 'set to system specs' option, which set everything at medium to my computer and everything looked gorgeous.

And if anyone isn't sure how they will handle my specs are below and i run the game at medium in SP and MP and get amazing frame rates both ways.

Processor: Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.6GHz Dual Core)
RAM: 2GB
Graphics: Geforce 8600GT

But yea, I'd recommend playing this to anyone who can handle it, it's pretty much sold the game to me. While the MP Demo did not.

PS: On medium setting my setup got me between 70-75fps lowest i saw it was 70 so i was pleased.

Bossniak
October 26th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Has anyone got the sandbox editor to work? I get an error trying to install it.

FireDragon04
October 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I didn't even know it was released yet?
Ah i see now its in the EA/Crytek/SP Demo/Installer folder.

Oh wow, the Sandbox Editor is...wow....different!
Never seen FarCry's (never played FarCry) but its editor is supposedly alot like this...

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Played it on very high and mostly got 15-20fps. Will play it later on lower settings.
Don't you have a 320mb 8800GTS? You might want to run the textures on medium, because I was running around 460MB at only 800x600... Over 560mb at 2304x1440...

Bossniak
October 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
640mb*
Played it on high and got improved fps. 30-40. With 1024x768 res.

InnerGoat
October 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Oh. Nice to know very high makes an even larger hit. :smith:

edit- 26mb of big pictures. Not really spoilers at all. :-3

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(23).png

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(13).png

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(19).png

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb%20(4).png

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis_2304x1440_7950GT512mb.png

343guiltymc
October 26th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Man, the koreans sounds freaking hilarious, speaking English. I don't know if they did this on purpose, but my guns are a lot weaker than what I'm use to in farcry. Well at least managed to play on low on my crappy X1300 PRO.

jahrain
October 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

Fastest download link I can find.

EDIT:

Nvm, already posted...

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I've got it installed, but I cant find out how to actually start the game or the sandbox. I dont see any .exe's and there's no shortcuts installed.

Xetsuei
October 27th, 2007, 12:40 AM
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks Xet. Before I saw that, I somehow managed to open it through media center. Looked pretty decent at medium and 1024x768, but it was slow-ass fps wise. The actors would go through their lines and it'd take a few seconds for the models to catch up in their animations. You'd think Crytek would have added in something for that sort of thing. It's hard as hell to aim with low fps. Added in with the insanely reduced damage the silencer caused and I found it difficult to beat from lack of ammo. I eventually just said screw it and went in guns blazing. Humorously enough, I got through everything in just a few minutes after that.

I'm in love with the editor. I've been reading into the Cryengine Sandbox and it's been improved soooooooooooooooo freakinnnnnnnnn muchhhhhhhh

atomicpower93
October 27th, 2007, 03:52 AM
well crysis is open to the public at 12.01pm gmt!
ill get it the MOMENT it comes out
(or even before;))
lol closed down another download and its 5x faster, YAY!
(max at 5000kps)

atomicpower93
October 27th, 2007, 05:05 AM
well it out now so go out and download it (unless you already have;))http://www.crysisdemo.com/download.htm

beele
October 27th, 2007, 07:00 AM
WOW, I love this game, I'll certainly buy this now :rolleyes:.
It runs great on my laptop. On medium settings at 1024 by 768 it is very playable, I get a lot better FPS at 800 by 600.

nvidia geforce 8600M GT- 256MB dedicated and 1024MB turbocache.

Choking Victim
October 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
has this demo totally killed anyone else's computer? I installed it, then it said i needed a hotfix from windows or i may experience some issues. After installing that, i noticed my network icon in the bottom right of the taskbar has a red 'X' indicating that my internet isn't working, even though it is. And I also can't watch videos (windows media says to update sound drivers, but their up to date) and i can't hear any sound at all. I could hear sounds ingame in crysis, but if it played a prerecorded video (like the intro where it shows ea's logo and such) then i can't hear a thing. Though the game was pretty cool i suppose, but this event made me not want to buy it. If anyone can help, please pm me, i've tried everything. system restore wont work, installing driver updates wont work, i uninstalled crysis, please help :(.

Syuusuke
October 27th, 2007, 10:24 AM
That's weird, I had to install that hotfix too, (even though I thought installed it already from the Crysis Multiplayer beta...) and no problems...

Using XP or Vista?

Roostervier
October 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM
The game is great on medium, I never had much of an fps drop. I switched to high and during spots with lots of water it went down, so I made some changes. Medium - high still decent fps and looks fantastic.

Amit
October 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks Xet. Before I saw that, I somehow managed to open it through media center. Looked pretty decent at medium and 1024x768, but it was slow-ass fps wise. The actors would go through their lines and it'd take a few seconds for the models to catch up in their animations. You'd think Crytek would have added in something for that sort of thing. It's hard as hell to aim with low fps. Added in with the insanely reduced damage the silencer caused and I found it difficult to beat from lack of ammo. I eventually just said screw it and went in guns blazing. Humorously enough, I got through everything in just a few minutes after that.

I'm in love with the editor. I've been reading into the Cryengine Sandbox and it's been improved soooooooooooooooo freakinnnnnnnnn muchhhhhhhh

I'm glad you found it. I'm about to start it up now and chekc it out cuz this'll be my first time using a cryengine editor. I also tested this game out on my older PC with a Radeon X1600PRO. I ran that at mostly medium settings on 1024x768 and got a playable 25-30 FPS. Although this game really needs AA to play better. WHen i put on even 2x AA it sent my FPS from 30 down to 2. The X1950PRO works great though. Constant 30 FPS on 1024x768 with mostly medium settings and 2x AA. Game still looks great on medium and the water is totally amazing! LOL its so funny how you can pick up a cravb and fire a gun with the other hand

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone have the link to the hotfix. I started to download it, but it didn't save all the way.

StankBacon
October 27th, 2007, 11:36 AM
has this demo totally killed anyone else's computer? I installed it, then it said i needed a hotfix from windows or i may experience some issues. After installing that, i noticed my network icon in the bottom right of the taskbar has a red 'X' indicating that my internet isn't working, even though it is. And I also can't watch videos (windows media says to update sound drivers, but their up to date) and i can't hear any sound at all. I could hear sounds ingame in crysis, but if it played a prerecorded video (like the intro where it shows ea's logo and such) then i can't hear a thing. Though the game was pretty cool i suppose, but this event made me not want to buy it. If anyone can help, please pm me, i've tried everything. system restore wont work, installing driver updates wont work, i uninstalled crysis, please help :(.

heh, i recently had the same problem, but the new aim 6 caused it.

you need to enter these in cmd (possibly in safe-mode) then restart and all will be well.

net localgroup Administrators service /add
net localgroup Administrators NetworkService /ADD

atomicpower93
October 27th, 2007, 11:44 AM
lol i had to play it on 800x600 on low or it would be to bad to play i dont know why but it says my optimum is medium, but its fps overkill

Choking Victim
October 27th, 2007, 12:20 PM
heh, i recently had the same problem, but the new aim 6 caused it.

you need to enter these in cmd (possibly in safe-mode) then restart and all will be well.

net localgroup Administrators service /add
net localgroup Administrators NetworkService /ADD
i would hug you if i knew you :D thanks alot

Abdurahman
October 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
On my x800gto, athlon x2 3800+, 1.5 gig ram, i get a playable 20/25 fps on everything medium, 1024x768, and no AA. Pretty good eh?

StankBacon
October 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.halonews.org/stuff/crysis_demo/

^
some sexy screenies i took.

Syuusuke
October 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM
For me, it starts to go in the shits after you download the enemy intel at some point after the beginning of the game...yadaa yadaa.

TheGhost
October 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Xetsueiâ„¢;179302']http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

Holy shit. Downloading at 4 MB/s!

Rob Oplawar
October 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I got pwned. I shoulda gone with a card with more ram- I got the 320mb 8800. I like to run my games at 1680ishx1000ish, and at all medium settings it was perfectly smooth 40-60 fps, but if I turned anything up to high it dipped below 30. My Q6600 has absolutely no problem with the physics tho- I checked the cpu loading and it was barely under any stress at all.

I was ridiculously overconfident when I first installed it, because I'm used to just turning up all the settings to the max, but when I did that with Crysis it slowed to about 1 frame every two seconds. XD
Well, I'ma sell this card to my brother and then get a 640mb 8800 at some point, and in the distant future I'll put it in SLI with another, and maybe then I can experience the glory of Extra High.

Syuusuke
October 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Nuuu don't sell it to him!

Give it to me =D

jahrain
October 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but the gameplay felt EXACTLY like I was playing farcry. It wasn't just the environment that felt similar, just the overall dynamics of the gameplay. The whole "Maximum ... " thing got sort of boring, annoying and repetitive after a while (and this is just the demo). It seems as if they tried to focus that feature of the suit as the core part of the game play (which to me is pretty retarded). The cutscenes were nice and dramatic, as well as the voice acting. Overall the graphics seems very nice for stills, but not in real time. Still seems to have allot of glitches that were in the beta, for example textures not loading all at once, screen flickering black every few seconds. As for the destructible scenery, it seems nice but is incredible unrealistic. For example, I can chop down a tree with a few shots of a pistol. And this huge jagged slice appears in between the area where I shot it. Also, all sorts of random trees (large trees too) start falling down when ever I'm being shot at from enemies when I'm in the bushes. It just makes me say WTF!?

Also, I don't know if this was a graphics glitch or not but indoors everything seems to have this weird dark shitty looking post processed shadow around objects that fade and shrink when you move closer or move away. Its as if it was some sort of really crappy scheme to get something that looks like soft shadows from global illumination that only looks nice screen shots, but in real time, it just meh.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2712-12-10-78.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2712-12-59-18.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2712-13-00-69.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2712-12-22-03.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2712-12-28-43.jpg

Like I said its hard to see in screenshots, but compare the multiple images from up close and from a-far. For example that chair, from far you notice some soft shadows behind it, then move up close, and they are gone. This is about as deceiving for real time global illumination as my technique for baking bump maps on models to simulate real time bump mapping. It looks true in screenshots, but not in real time.

It seems like a descent game, but I'l wait until this game is selling for $9.99 in gamestop's bargain bin before I buy it (like farcry).

Amit
October 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but the gameplay felt EXACTLY like I was playing farcry. It wasn't just the environment that felt similar, just the overall dynamics of the gameplay. The whole "Maximum ... " thing got sort of boring, annoying and repetitive after a while (and this is just the demo). It seems as if they tried to focus that feature of the suit as the core part of the game play (which to me is pretty retarded). The cutscenes were nice and dramatic, as well as the voice acting. Overall the graphics seems very nice for stills, but not in real time. Still seems to have allot of glitches that were in the beta, for example textures not loading all at once, screen flickering black every few seconds. As for the destructible scenery, it seems nice but is incredible unrealistic. For example, I can chop down a tree with a few shots of a pistol. And this huge jagged slice appears in between the area where I shot it. Also, all sorts of random trees (large trees too) start falling down when ever I'm being shot at from enemies when I'm in the bushes. It just makes me say WTF!?

Weird, I didn't experience any of these problems and I'm only using a Radeon X1950 PRO.

jahrain
October 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Weird, I didn't experience any of these problems and I'm only using a Radeon X1950 PRO.

What resolution and settings?

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Jahrain, they're essentially trying to mimic how your eye adjusts to every situation.

Amit
October 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
What resolution and settings?

1024x768, 2xAA, mostly everything was set to medium. Shadows were set to low, same with physics processing, and I think that's it.

jahrain
October 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Jahrain, they're essentially trying to mimic how your eye adjusts to every situation.

Have you looked at this yourself?. Shadows casted from objects don't vanish or grow or shrink in size when I walk up to them. Whoever eyes' they were trying to mimic must have had some seeing, or hallucination problems if that is the case.

This has nothing to do with HDR lighting and increasing or decreasing brightness based on light changes if thats what your thinking.

1024x768, 2xAA, mostly everything was set to medium. Shadows were set to low, same with physics processing, and I think that's it.
I run everything on the highest setting @ 1680x1050. I don't notice texture loading glitch if I run the texture settings at medium or lower. Also, I only notice the black flickering problem if I run at any wide screen resolution 1440x900 or above.

Edit: The flickering is gone on the 169.01 beta drivers.

InnerGoat
October 27th, 2007, 09:51 PM
So, I learned how to throw animals into orbit.

Also,

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis%202007-10-27%2000-01-02-92.jpg

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis%202007-10-27%2021-23-54-45.jpg

Don't know how I did this with the guns, but it wouldn't go away until reloading the game. :lol:

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/Crysis%202007-10-27%2021-49-06-98guns.jpg

jahrain
October 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I learned how to demolish an entire town with my hands. (used melee attack)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2716-07-47-93.jpg

Also... Lol at rag doll physics..
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2716-01-05-15.jpg

And lol at physics in general...
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2716-13-25-76.jpg

Also, lol at the lazy artist who UV mapped this boat.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2715-44-41-89.jpg

Bossniak
October 28th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I figured how to get maximum armor,strength and speed without decreasing. :D

Also fighting an alien scout is win.

Xetsuei
October 28th, 2007, 12:56 AM
How?

DaneO'Roo
October 28th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Also, lol at the lazy artist who UV mapped this boat.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2715-44-41-89.jpg

wow...

BobtheGreatII
October 28th, 2007, 01:09 AM
That's gross, and speaking of gross. Crysis looks gross on my computer. : ( Don't ask for computer specs, I already know my computer fails for the most part...

Tweek
October 28th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Xetsuei™;180017']How?

you can spawn stuff via the console

also, right before the ending, where you find the frozen boat, you can jump up the rocks, in strength mode, and get out of the level, and get a message telling you you're deserting the combat area. neat.

Amit
October 28th, 2007, 02:56 PM
you can spawn stuff via the console

also, right before the ending, where you find the frozen boat, you can jump up the rocks, in strength mode, and get out of the level, and get a message telling you you're deserting the combat area. neat.

LOL, I finished the level inside the editor itself! Yo, spawn the TacGun, that thing is one sick motherfucker, almost killed myself the first time i used it. I added some tornadoes and earthquakes to make it feel awesome. I got sucked into the tornado and survived lol but my Korean Gunship and American jeep weren't so fortunate when they hit the ground again. took like 55% damage each.

Tweek
October 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07430/lolphysics.JPG

OAAAHHHHNGNGNG

Amit
October 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Wow it actually shows torn wire around the leg.

Pooky
October 28th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Also, I don't know if this was a graphics glitch or not but indoors everything seems to have this weird dark shitty looking post processed shadow around objects that fade and shrink when you move closer or move away. Its as if it was some sort of really crappy scheme to get something that looks like soft shadows from global illumination that only looks nice screen shots, but in real time, it just meh.

Like I said its hard to see in screenshots, but compare the multiple images from up close and from a-far. For example that chair, from far you notice some soft shadows behind it, then move up close, and they are gone. This is about as deceiving for real time global illumination as my technique for baking bump maps on models to simulate real time bump mapping. It looks true in screenshots, but not in real time.

It seems like a descent game, but I'll wait until this game is selling for $9.99 in gamestop's bargain bin before I buy it (like farcry).
I didn't experience any of those problems using an x1600 pro.
Direct X 9 with everything on low FOR THE WIN :awesome:

Amit
October 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Direct X 9 with everything on low FOR THE WIN :awesome:

Yeah, my old computer runs the same card and no problems there either. Try turning up a few options to medium, Metroid. It shouldn't kill your FPS if you turn on maybe medium textures.

Tweek
October 28th, 2007, 05:25 PM

no it doens't

Roostervier
October 28th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The model already had some of the wire bent...

Skiiran
October 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
And the reticule is right over it.

Con
October 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM
[I]OAAAHHHHNGNGNG
crazy asians, what'll they be up to next? :awesome:

Pooky
October 28th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I don't know about you guys all talking about the graphics, but I thought that was some seriously fun shit. Once you get the hang of switching the powers completely you can completely RAPE the enemies.

I'm totally getting this. Even though I have to play with everything on low.

Zeph
October 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Have you looked at this yourself?. Shadows casted from objects don't vanish or grow or shrink in size when I walk up to them. Whoever eyes' they were trying to mimic must have had some seeing, or hallucination problems if that is the case.

This has nothing to do with HDR lighting and increasing or decreasing brightness based on light changes if thats what your thinking.

No, but if you go up to a shadowed area, you eye loses perception it as there's less to compare it to. It's why people see into closets so well, etc.

jahrain
October 28th, 2007, 10:58 PM
No, but if you go up to a shadowed area, you eye loses perception it as there's less to compare it to. It's why people see into closets so well, etc.

Well I don't have that seeing problem so I guess I can't relate.

EDIT:
Lol at destructible sceney.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2812-23-28-09.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2812-22-49-89.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/Crysis2007-10-2812-22-40-96.jpg

Wow, this game realistically simulates how palm trees naturally shape themselves into umbrellas after you shoot them with shotguns.

Amit
October 29th, 2007, 05:07 PM
The model already had some of the wire bent...

Oh did it now?

Wow, this game realistically simulates how palm trees naturally shape themselves into umbrellas after you shoot them with shotguns.

WTF is up with your graphics card? Those are flaws with your system, not the game itself. I use a shit ass card compared to your 8800's but I don't get major glitches like that.

jahrain
October 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM
WTF is up with your graphics card? Those are flaws with your system, not the game itself. I use a shit ass card compared to your 8800's but I don't get major glitches like that.
I was able to repeat this on both my laptop (7600 go), and desktop. Same thing wrong with both?

Amit
October 29th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I was able to repeat this on both my laptop (7600 go), and desktop. Same thing wrong with both?

Hmm...something really must be wrong then. Maybe it's a thing with the GeForce cards but can anyone else say the same things are happening to them?

kenney001
October 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Because of the complexity and sexy of this engine, I am willing to overlook these small technicalities, and say that this game is amazing.

I am able to run on High settings at 1280x1024 with ATI controlled 2xAA with a decent 30fps on my x1950pro and it looks gorgeous. Best detail i have seen yet for an outside FPS. What you guys are failing to realize is how much stuff the game is actually having to render and calculate physics wise with such little hardware. I am very impressed by this game.

Amit
October 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Because of the complexity and sexy of this engine, I am willing to overlook these small technicalities, and say that this game is amazing.

I am able to run on High settings at 1280x1024 with ATI controlled 2xAA with a decent 30fps on my x1950pro and it looks gorgeous. Best detail i have seen yet for an outside FPS. What you guys are failing to realize is how much stuff the game is actually having to render and calculate physics wise with such little hardware. I am very impressed by this game.

Really? I have the same card and I'm playing on Medium settings at 1024x768. Maybe I should try out what you did. The only things that are lacking for me is that I only got 1 GB of RAM and my CPU is almost about to show its age.

Roostervier
October 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh did it now?
Yes, it did. :X

Amit
October 29th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yes, it did. :X

Imma gonna go read some more of that Legendary complimation of roadside tales, compiled by Bruiser.

kenney001
October 29th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Really? I have the same card and I'm playing on Medium settings at 1024x768. Maybe I should try out what you did. The only things that are lacking for me is that I only got 1 GB of RAM and my CPU is almost about to show its age.

I have an AMD x2 3800+ with 2 gig high-speed ram. Also I turned down mip-mapping and a couple other things in the ATI controll pannel, and ran AA through it instead. i have turned it down to 1024x768 due to the lower framerates in battles with a bunch of AI and explosions and stuff of that sort...

Amit
October 29th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I have an AMD x2 3800+ with 2 gig high-speed ram. Also I turned down mip-mapping and a couple other things in the ATI controll pannel, and ran AA through it instead. i have turned it down to 1024x768 due to the lower framerates in battles with a bunch of AI and explosions and stuff of that sort...

Oh, I guess i should keep my current settings since I have a solid FPS.

kenney001
October 29th, 2007, 11:48 PM
so do I now.....High, 1024x768, 4x AA through ATI CC, averaging 35-40fps with no lag moments. I turned it down from 1280x1024.....

jahrain
October 30th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Whats a bit disappointing performance wise is that on high settings at 1680x1050 it only gets about 15 - 25 fps on a single GTX (according to my own tests as well as other online posted benchmarks). The demo doesn't seem to have a significant SLI performance increase (but the full version is supposed to). Also, the supposed "multicore" support doesn't seem to use up any more than 40% of my CPU while the game is running, even while crashing through buildings with vehicles.

alby
October 30th, 2007, 04:02 AM
At 1920x1200 the I get 12 FPS with everything on very high and no AA or AF. With everything on high I get 25-30 with no AA or AF.

jahrain
October 30th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Without AA, other settings maxed, my pc gets about 30 - 40 fps average. but 15 - 25 fps with 4x AA enabled is a pretty significant performance drop for AA. Other games give barely any noticeable performance drop for me with AA enabled.

kenney001
October 30th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Without AA, other settings maxed, my pc gets about 30 - 40 fps average. but 15 - 25 fps with 4x AA enabled is a pretty significant performance drop for AA. Other games give barely any noticeable performance drop for me with AA enabled.

makes me wonder what exactly its trying to anti-alias......
anyway, just try running it through ATI or Nvidia instead of the game itself...You get better looking vegitation anyway...

Amit
October 30th, 2007, 03:13 PM
makes me wonder what exactly its trying to anti-alias......
anyway, just try running it through ATI or Nvidia instead of the game itself...You get better looking vegitation anyway...

Really, I have 2x AA turned off cuz it killed my performance....i'll try your method

InnerGoat
November 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM
So I hear some people like to enable hidden settings

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/15.jpg

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/7.jpg

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/8.jpg

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/thEditor2007-11-0900-09-47-55.jpg

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/net/crysis_demo/thEditor2007-11-0900-15-57-96.jpg

Syuusuke
November 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Oh geez why'd you have to this outersheep?

LlamaMaster
November 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Where it says "Tris:", what does that mean? It can't possibly be the triangle count...

InnerGoat
November 11th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Sure it can

ExAm
November 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Direct X 9 with everything on low FOR THE WIN :awesome:I didn't get any errors either, and I'm running an X1300XT. All the settings are on low, but it actually looks decent. I was surprised.

Also:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=522
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=513

Also, I'm disappointed that they still have a loop in place for automatic fire sounds. It makes firing small bursts in full auto mode sound retarded, because a single shot can be fired, but sound like the gun fired one and a half times :P. Sometimes it doesn't even match the rate of fire. This has been the case with all of the crytek games I've played, and I think it's time it stopped.

Random
November 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Is anyone disappointed with the graphics outside of dx10 and changing settings manually in dx9?

I have a computer that can run the game fine on dx9 all high but for some reason it does not look good. Are there new drivers or something?

I take that back, I just reinstalled the game and did the manual settings change and the game looks :awesome: and plays :awesome: too

LlamaMaster
November 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Sure it can
2,000,000+ polys at a playable framerate? Isn't that unheard of? Anybody have a wireframe or model of this level, because my curiosity is killing me...

Tweek
November 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
2,000,000+ polys at a playable framerate? Isn't that unheard of? Anybody have a wireframe or model of this level, because my curiosity is killing me...

not really.

the average large outdoor scene in Gears of War for example racks in 1Mil easy.

the bigger and mroe detailed ones can go up to 2 million.

polycount means less and less nowadays.

ExAm
November 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm having a few problems with the console. It doesn't like to enable godmode or any of the cheats. I've typed in con_restricted 0, which enabled some functions, but the cheats still don't work.

When I type in, say, g_godmode 1, it gives me this:
g_godmode = 0 []
No matter what I type in after the command.

LlamaMaster
November 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
not really.

the average large outdoor scene in Gears of War for example racks in 1Mil easy.

the bigger and mroe detailed ones can go up to 2 million.

polycount means less and less nowadays.
Wow, I'm really behind on the times. I'm so used to the limitations of Halo and my integrated video card that I've completely lost sight of the power of todays hardware and games. I always thought that 100,000+ was really pushing it, and 1,000,000+ was only for pre rendered models....

Tweek
November 11th, 2007, 02:47 PM
and 1,000,000+ was only for pre rendered models....

it is. you dont want to stuff 1M into 1 model for realtime.
though it'd work perfectly fine if there was nothing else to render.

the 1 million is spread over ALL the objects in the scene, walls, benches, guns, trashcans, collumns, lightposts, floors, trees, cars, whatever.

ExAm
November 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM
it is. you dont want to stuff 1M into 1 model for realtime.
though it'd work perfectly fine if there was nothing else to render.

the 1 million is spread over ALL the objects in the scene, walls, benches, guns, trashcans, collumns, lightposts, floors, trees, cars, whatever.Don't forget that during gameplay, a lot of it is obscured by the draw distances and LoDs.

kenney001
November 13th, 2007, 11:01 PM
HOLY #@%!

lB4s5Uf7zxw

CuxplnWkRPE

-sorry for the low FPS, fraps and the hacked demo level completely murdered it.

I know this is a little old, but for those of you who havent seen.

LlamaMaster
November 13th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Holy fucking shit.

...that is all.

jahrain
November 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Then a simple config file edit (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=513) activated supposedly DirectX 10 and Vista-only graphical effects in DirectX 9 and XPWow, says allot about dx10 and the marketing schemes. And by marketing scheme, I mean the sucker people into upgrading to vista to get graphics effects that are simply "disabled" in the xp version of the game under the false implication that it is "not possible" in xp marketing schemes. However some people are just plain naive and ignorant, and forget that this is microsoft and EA we are dealing with.

DaneO'Roo
November 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Jahrain, It seems your old gearbox rants with Nick seem to have been pretty accurate...

Bodzilla
November 14th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Wow, says allot about dx10 and the marketing schemes. And by marketing scheme, I mean the sucker people into upgrading to vista to get graphics effects that are simply "disabled" in the xp version of the game under the false implication that it is "not possible" in xp marketing schemes. However some people are just plain naive and ignorant, and forget that this is microsoft and EA we are dealing with.
wow.

thats absolutely disgusting.

StankBacon
November 14th, 2007, 04:57 AM
if you guys would have read further it clearly states that these "hacks" only activate about 60 % of the true dx10 features.

btw, i beat crysis already.

DaneO'Roo
November 14th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Well, 60 percent doesn't matter, when compared to the whole "NO DX10 FOR J00 ECKS PEE HAHAH - Microsoft" Statement.

LlamaMaster
November 14th, 2007, 08:05 AM
if you guys would have read further it clearly states that these "hacks" only activate about 60 % of the true dx10 features.

btw, i beat crysis already.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182140/index.html?tag=result;title;0

XP and Vista Dx10 looks almost EXACTLY the same. The Xp version gets better frame rate too.

Edit: Stupid H2V and it's double posting...

ExAm
November 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Edit + Delete Post

InnerGoat
November 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Wow, says allot about dx10 and the marketing schemes. And by marketing scheme, I mean the sucker people into upgrading to vista to get graphics effects that are simply "disabled" in the xp version of the game under the false implication that it is "not possible" in xp marketing schemes. However some people are just plain naive and ignorant, and forget that this is microsoft and EA we are dealing with.You're pretty late noticing that, Brotato

Also Bacon, you are a pirate how long is it and did you enjoy it? :)

Zeph
November 14th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Thread closed. Further discussion will go into an official post-release thread.