PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Crysis On Xbox?

atomicpower93
October 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
so do you think Crysis will be on Xbox 360? (but in a scaled down DX9 Version)

Xetsuei
October 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
NEGATIVE

Snowy
October 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Xetsuei™;179684']NEGATIVE
What he said.

FireDragon04
October 27th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Xetsuei™;179684']NEGATIVE
QFT!

Last i heard, it's defiantly an all PC game.

TheGhost
October 27th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Moved to Tech forum.

Botolf
October 27th, 2007, 02:49 PM
And if it was, I wouldn't buy it.

*Boycott*

InnerGoat
October 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM
so do you think Crysis will be on Xbox 360? (but in a scaled down DX9 Version)It would have to be scaled back so much that it would be considered a last-gen game. :neckbeard:

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Crytek has talked about Crysis getting onto consoles before. They said it was possible, but all they care about is getting it out on PC and DX10. They actually have people working on Cryengine2 being properly coded to work on the 360 and PS3. People licensing the engine might put a game on the consoles, but Crytek has no intention to do so right now.

343guiltymc
October 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
They said that whether or not there will be a console port will depend on the sale of the PC version. I don't get it, but there you go.

Mr Buckshot
October 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
The X360 can handle Crysis and make it look good, just not on the scale of DX10. I think the X360's a little better than DX9c (sm3.0).

Crysis itself being on a console...not sure. The Crysis engine...definitely.

Amit
October 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM
The X360 can handle Crysis and make it look good, just not on the scale of DX10. I think the X360's a little better than DX9c (sm3.0).

Crysis itself being on a console...not sure. The Crysis engine...definitely.

All the things stated above are definitely major factors to getting the game working successfully. Although, as much as I hate to say it, I think Crysis would have a great feel on the XBOX 360. I dunno why, it just the way that the demo played out for me was kinda like a more indepth Ghost Recon game for me with faster paced action.

Limited
October 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yes, but in a year+

Darkness
October 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM
It might work on xbox because the beta looks good and I believe it uses dx9.

Jelly
October 28th, 2007, 04:44 AM
They won't put it on the 360 because they're all PC and graphics whores.

343guiltymc
October 28th, 2007, 07:57 AM
They won't put it on the 360 because they're all PC and graphics whores.
Not to mention they said that they thought the halo series was boring. Kind of ironic, because there are at least two features I see in the crysis demo that is similar from halo.

Skiiran
October 28th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I would argue that (tech-wise) the 360 would be BETTER for Crysis. Think about it: the damn thing needs so much to run with because a PC has got all those damn background programs running. With a 360, all that is devoted to the game, so there's no worrying about whether it'll have enough processing allotted to it, since ALL of it is.

EDIT: I won't argue against that, even on my two-year-old PC, however, the Crysis Demo pulls itself off beautifully.

Jelly
October 28th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Multi-core processors sort that problem out.

Xetsuei
October 28th, 2007, 05:59 PM

:haw: Not to mention Multi-threading.

Skiiran
October 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Even the memory problem? I mean, Vista, which it runs best on, needs two gigs itself to run well.

Maybe I'm just grabbing at invisible ropes here, though.

Xetsuei
October 29th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Even the memory problem? I mean, Vista, which it runs best on, needs two gigs itself to run well.

A game running best on vista? You crazy. :haw:

StankBacon
October 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM

i only have 1 gig, and vista runs very well.

Terin
October 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
There's a huge improvement with 2 gigs.

JDMFSeanP
November 1st, 2007, 02:13 AM
I run at 512. YAY SUICIDE!

kenney001
November 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I seem to have better performance on XP TBH. only problem is DX10...which i cant support anyway. I only have an ancient x1950pro :p

I think its about time PC players got something for themselves. Crysis needs to be a pc only game....Im sick of console fanboys..

Mr Buckshot
November 3rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
There are many PC exclusive games out there...but many of them are RTS's (RTS's have never worked that well on gamepads).

Yes, Crysis will make a great PC game, but it doesn't need to be a PC-only game. It's just that users with good PCs will get some nice visual treats that console players won't get. You see, not everyone here is a PC-oriented gamer, and not everyone has the money/is allowed to/is knowledgable enough to acquire a decent PC. Even $500, which is the price of the top-of-the-line PS3, can't get you a monster gaming rig capable of excellent DX10 visuals with good framerates. It can get you a midrange machine if you plan wisely, but the midrange machine ain't as powerful as the PS3 or the Xbox 360. And if the parents are buying the gaming hardware for their kids as presents, they'll probably go for the consoles if they're computer illiterate.

I'm not saying Crysis MUST be on consoles - I think the PC is the best place for it to be, but by porting the game to consoles, we're giving other types of gamers a chance to enjoy something nice.

343guiltymc
November 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
There are many PC exclusive games out there...but many of them are RTS's (RTS's have never worked that well on gamepads).

Yes, Crysis will make a great PC game, but it doesn't need to be a PC-only game. It's just that users with good PCs will get some nice visual treats that console players won't get. You see, not everyone here is a PC-oriented gamer, and not everyone has the money/is allowed to/is knowledgable enough to acquire a decent PC. Even $500, which is the price of the top-of-the-line PS3, can't get you a monster gaming rig capable of excellent DX10 visuals with good framerates. It can get you a midrange machine if you plan wisely, but the midrange machine ain't as powerful as the PS3 or the Xbox 360. And if the parents are buying the gaming hardware for their kids as presents, they'll probably go for the consoles if they're computer illiterate.

I'm not saying Crysis MUST be on consoles - I think the PC is the best place for it to be, but by porting the game to consoles, we're giving other types of gamers a chance to enjoy something nice.
Hmmm a lot of PC gamers seems to use Crysis to make console players jealous, I'm not sure why. I didn't like crysis, plays the same as farcry, sans the difficulty.

Mr Buckshot
November 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I didn't have time to try out the Crysis demo yet, but I'm most excited about the new graphics. I don't know how good the gameplay is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Crysis ended up like Doom 3 - fantastic groundbreaking technology, but non-innovative gameplay. If Crysis becomes like that, I'll still play it, but I would then pray that a better game would come out using the Crysis engine.

I'm planning on upgrading just for Crysis, by the way. I can see Crysis being a "benchmark stress tester" for future hardware.

Pooky
November 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM
the midrange machine ain't as powerful as the the Xbox 360.

:raise:

Don't you mean... "is more powerful, but unfortunately is bogged down by windows and background processes?"

Oh also Crysis is a ton of fun, but all the idiots who think it's nothing but a tech demo like to spew about how it's all graphics and no gameplay. Pricks probably haven't even tried it.