PDA

View Full Version : Recording videos from PC Games

MasterChief2829
January 16th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Hey I was just wondering what you guys use to record videos for your PC Games. I was going to make a promo for CMT, but with the programs I tried, the end result video turned out with a very low framerate. Is there any way to work around this? :confused2: Thanks.

JDMFSeanP
January 16th, 2007, 10:44 PM
You can use fraps, i don't use them but my brother uses fraps.

An Emu
January 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
i tried to record an aimbotter with camtasia, but i only got 1 frame a second so you couldnt tell that he was aimbotting...my graphics card is good too, ati x800, and i can usually run halo at full settings with 100+ fps. dont use camtasia.

Mr Buckshot
January 16th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Fraps only lets you record for 30 seconds at a time without sound if you don't pay. But fraps is still the most popular.

Gamecam is another option.

Varmint260
January 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Fraps only lets you record for 30 seconds at a time without sound

Is this true? I have Fraps on my computer, I didn't pay, it also doesn't let me record more than 30 seconds, but it DOES record sound. Is this a new thing Fraps put in their program recently?

Mr Buckshot
January 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
The last time I used the free trial of fraps was in 2005. Maybe I'm a little outdated in what I said.

Metkil5685
January 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I got the full version of it. It's a lot better then the trail.

OmegaDragon
January 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Or you could use Gamecam as an alternative
Never tried it though
http://www.planetgamecam.com/

Hurrvish
January 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
my fraps doesnt record sound, but it still kicks ass though :D
i say go with fraps

soloblast
January 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I don't know if this is legal... but someone's giving away a fully registered version of Fraps for free on their ftp server. NOT cracked; he bought it and then uploaded the installer for public download.

Website not shown because it's illegal.
(http://www.dra-clan.me.uk/Kevin/)

legionaire45
January 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I think that would be illegal still because even though its just the installer the FRAPS people still are not being payed =/. The full version isnt all that much money anyway.

soloblast
January 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I think that would be illegal still because even though its just the installer the FRAPS people still are not being payed =/. The full version isnt all that much money anyway.

Hey, it's $55.50 in Singapore cash...that's the average price of a new game here. Anyway, I took the web link down, since it's illegal. Thanks.

Mr Buckshot
January 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Whoa, another singaporean! I was born in singapore too and i live in Canada now. My grandparents and all ancestors before them came from China and Taiwan though (moved to singapore in 1958).

Atty
January 19th, 2007, 11:47 PM
First you need VIVO. Video out to your TV with a A/V out if it doesn't have you you might be able to alter the in to an out, you'll have to open up your TV to do that though. Once you've got the Composite out to your TV use the A/V out to composite out from the TV to the TV Tuner then use a program to record the footage.