PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New Vehicle Found in Campaign!

odseraphim
October 27th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I can't believe Bungie didn't put this in the instruction manual! :gonk:
ajXoQFdV7t8

Sever
October 27th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Going with the UNSC's fondness of naming vehicles after animals, I wonder what they will call this one...

Boba
October 27th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Going with the UNSC's fondness of naming vehicles after animals, I wonder what they will call this one...
Puma!

ImSpartacus
October 27th, 2007, 10:20 PM
nah, its a cougar

Boba
October 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
There is already a Cougar (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cougar). <_<

PlasbianX
October 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Now how to get it? :x

Botolf
October 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Those dudes in their Banshees and Hornets have no chance.

Zeph
October 27th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I hope they dont give the person who found it a recon for that. Halo 3 doesn't need idiot kids trying to do shit to get the helmet.

Sever
October 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Agreed. The two reported cases of bestowing the Recon Helmet thus far have deserved it in my opinion, but this obviously does not.

Also, I dub UNSC's new aerial infantry transport the Winged Rat.

Dole
October 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
... is that a flying dumpster? :raise:

Kornman00
October 27th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Dodo of course :downs:

Pooky
October 28th, 2007, 12:48 AM
I hope they dont give the person who found it a recon for that. Halo 3 doesn't need idiot kids trying to do shit to get the helmet.

Why the hell not? Having people compete to pull off the craziest stunts in order to get the helmet would be way cooler than people getting it for stupid accidents. Might even have some pretty lulzy results.

Skiiran
October 28th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Agreed. The two reported cases of bestowing the Recon Helmet thus far have deserved it in my opinion, but this obviously does not.

Also, I dub UNSC's new aerial infantry transport the Winged Rat.
What did they do to get it?

Sever
October 28th, 2007, 08:01 AM
The Recon helmet or the flying dumpster?

The Recon helmet's bestowment info can be found here (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12901), and the flying dumpster's original location can be seen in post #1.

PlasbianX
October 28th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I got in the dumpster, but i dont know how to actually board it and control it :(

odseraphim
October 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I got in the dumpster, but i dont know how to actually board it and control it :(
I'm guessing you just keep jumping.... and it does it's own thing. That's what they were doing in the video.

Oh, and props to them for using Focus's Hocus Pocus

Sever
October 28th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I believe that it involves using the physics of the game as follows:

1. Two bipeds enter the said dumpster, facing the direction of travel.
2. The two bipeds begin to rapidly jump in an alternating patern, so that one is at their jump's apex when the other is at their jump's antapex.
3. The two bipeds then begin to move in their desired direction of travel while continuing their jumping pattern, and slowly make their way to the target. It is recommended to have a third biped viewing and directing at this time, acting as an air traffic controller of sorts.

Dr Nick
October 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Maybe Oscar the Grouch?

Also, I just realized how the UNSC names their stuff after animals, and the covenant names their stuff after ghostly figures!

FireDragon04
October 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Yey Flying Halo 3 Bins! [/britishness].
People are so going to whore that vehicle!

Hotrod
October 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Also, I just realized how the UNSC names their stuff after animals, and the covenant names their stuff after ghostly figures!

You just realized that now? I've known that since Halo 1 was out...

Dr Nick
October 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
You just realized that now? I've known that since Halo 1 was out...I knew about the UNSC thing, but didn't catch onto the covenants ghost thing until now.

Huero
October 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM
jesus nick how slow are you
Seriously, it's really obvious D:

Siliconmaster
October 28th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I only really caught on when I was writing a script that required Halo lingo and had to explain it to non-halo people. It's one of those things you absorb, but never really think about until you have to.

And lawl @ the flying dumpster. Definitely going to have to try that some time.

Con
October 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
holy crap! I gotta try that

PlasbianX
October 28th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I tried and again.. nothing happened. I did get a good clip of me jumping out of it while its closed xD
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1854/screenshotng4.jpg

Sever
October 28th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Plas, it requires two bipeds...

CtrlAltDestroy
October 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Plas, it requires two bipeds...

I seriously hate how you use "biped" interchangeably with "people". :eyesroll:

ImSpartacus
October 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
There is already a Cougar (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cougar). <_<

I thinking more alone the lines of this kind (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougar) of cougar :rolleyes:, but that works too.

NeiaG
October 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
lol flying dumpsters. the new way of getting rid of your garbage.

off topic: YODEL ROCK!!!

PlasbianX
October 28th, 2007, 09:54 PM
The pic was taken on co-op. The other guy was in there but i accidently killed him D:

odseraphim
October 29th, 2007, 05:15 AM
I figured out how you do it but I only got it about 5 feet off the ground.
You need either a really fast pointer finger, or a 360 controller that has autofire.

Here's what I did: Obviously, get inside the dumpster (I did this by using a grenade/rocket combo and it knocked it over on the ledge where you find it. Next, you have to get the top closed with you inside of it. You do this by rocking the dumpster back and forth until the lid closes on you (you have to duck, btw). Once you have the lid shut, you have to get the dumpster upside down (rocking motion required here). Eventually, your head will be able to see through the mesh of the dumpster, this is where you can start flying. Mash the jump button like there is no tomorrow, and you'll start flying off the ground. :lol: