PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Account being reset?

Timo
November 1st, 2007, 03:43 AM
Today was the second time I've had my account completely reset. The first time was understandable - my 360 lost power in the middle of the campaign. But this time, all I did was load up my account in the campaign menu. It randomly came up with a saved films loading screen, and all my stuff was reset. My settings, skulls, unlocked levels, emblem, everything :|.
So I was wondering: has this happened to anyone else? because it's pretty frustrating D:

Arteen
November 1st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Today was the second time I've had my account completely reset. The first time was understandable - my 360 lost power in the middle of the campaign. But this time, all I did was load up my account in the campaign menu. It randomly came up with a saved films loading screen, and all my stuff was reset. My settings, skulls, unlocked levels, emblem, everything :|.
So I was wondering: has this happened to anyone else? because it's pretty frustrating D:
Oh, wow. That sucks. You should email Bungie about the problem and see what they have to say. I've never heard about that problem before.

Con
November 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
Ouch, that sucks timo

Hotrod
November 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Try doing the gamertag recovery on your 360, if you have Xbox LIVE that is.

Rosco
November 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Used to happen to me alot in PDZ, it's an issue with saving I believe.

jcap
November 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
ur an cheeter nd an hakr just look at teh scors u got on the campain gams hakr feggit noob :haw:

Maybe you should give up on life and then it won't happen again. :downs:

Choking Victim
November 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
was your rank reset also?

Timo
November 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Try doing the gamertag recovery on your 360, if you have Xbox LIVE that is.

Wouldn't that just get me my account along with achievements etc, not my gamesaves/settings?

was your rank reset also?

Just a silver account (getting gold at the end of this month), so no.

ur an cheeter nd an hakr just look at teh scors u got on the campain gams hakr feggit noob :haw:

Maybe you should give up on life and then it won't happen again. :downs:

Just because you suck at the campaign :d

Hotrod
November 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't that just get me my account along with achievements etc, not my gamesaves/settings?

Nope, I did it at my friends house because his 360 couldn't read memory cards for some reason, so I just used the gamertag recovery to bring my account to his 360. I got everything I had transferred. In plus, would you rather have no achievements, gamesaves, settings, or just no gamesaves?

Jay2645
November 1st, 2007, 11:54 PM
Gamesaves are recovered, so you'll be on the right level, however, checkpoints in the levels are not recovered, so you'll have to redo the entire level. Everything else is recovered.

I have 2 360s, one at my mom's, one at my dad's (They just got divorced, which apparently triggers my random schizophrenic acts of noobism that get me -repped), and all I have to do is recover my account and everything in Halo 3 gets transferred.

Kornman00
November 2nd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Which medium do you store your profile on, HDD or MU?

Timo
November 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hard drive, tons of space free.