PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] How to single wield 2 of the same weapons (dual wieldable weapons only)

FRain
November 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Okay. I figured out a glitch that will let you hold 2 weapons the same, single wielded.

For this example, I will be using the SMG. It works with any dual wieldable weapon, (ie: smg, mauler, spiker, pistol)

Grab an smg, put it away for now. Grab another dual wieldable weapon, and dual it with another weapon. (this instance I will be using dual spikers)

Now you should have 2 spikers ready, and a SMG in your backpack.

Now, go up to another SMG, and hit Right Bumper. You should pick up the SMG in your right hand.

Hit Melee and you should drop your left hand spiker, and should have 2 SMGs now. This works with any dual-wieldable weapon.

This might have already been known, but I just discovered it.

+rep would be nice

teh lag
November 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Okay. I figured out a glitch that will let you hold 2 weapons the same, single wielded.

For this example, I will be using the SMG. It works with any dual wieldable weapon, (ie: smg, mauler, spiker, pistol)

Grab an smg, put it away for now. Grab another dual wieldable weapon, and dual it with another weapon. (this instance I will be using dual spikers)

Now you should have 2 spikers ready, and a SMG in your backpack.

Now, go up to another SMG, and hit Right Bumper. You should pick up the SMG in your right hand.

Hit Melee and you should drop your left hand spiker, and should have 2 SMGs now. This works with any dual-wieldable weapon.

This might have already been known, but I just discovered it.

+rep would be nice

That's been a glitch since Halo 2 afaik.

FRain
November 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, never noticed it.

Sever
November 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
In halo 2, I would often use this 'glitch' as defense on Zanzibar and wield 3 needlers for the extra ammo.

Mr Buckshot
November 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
It's been like this since Halo 2...I used it to carry 3 needlers or SMGs at the same time. But single-handed weapons aren't really that potent anyway.

This is a good find for newbies though, but it's not very useful. Still, carrying 3 maulers or spikers is damned cool.

FRain
November 4th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, running out of ammo for both of them, then dropping one, switching to the other one and opening fire on them is pretty kickass.

Amit
November 4th, 2007, 03:05 PM
+Rep for reposting, I've never heard of this. Shit says i need to spread it around :P

Mr Buckshot
November 4th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Screw holding 3 smgs, hold 3 magnums - that's what real men do.

ICEE
November 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
i remember discovering this in halo 2. i too thought i was THESHIT for finding it at the time. your a little late frain. and maulers x 3 = no flood left alive.

TrU7H
November 5th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I agree with everyone else, this has been there since halo 2.

It's been like this since Halo 2...I used it to carry 3 needlers or SMGs at the same time. But single-handed weapons aren't really that potent anyway.

This is a good find for newbies though, but it's not very useful. Still, carrying 3 maulers or spikers is damned cool.

WRONG, it might be true for YOU, but it sure as hell isn't true to me, single handed weapons(duel-wieldable weapons) are VERY potent in MY hands, as well as in anyone else's. You just have to know how to use the weapon RIGHT. For example, the PR can be used VERY effectively in both multiplayer and campaign. In multiplayer, under normal circumstances, 4 to 5 plasma rounds would drain the target's shield to the point where you could beat them down, this is a very handy tool if you're running up towards the target or are in close range. In addition, if you have another weapon in your left hand (except for PP, you can't really kill a person with a PP that well) in my perferance, a spiker, or another weapon that can take down "health" fast, then by god sir, you will be a killing machine(provided that you can aim well =P). ; PR takes down shield VERY fast, and spiker takes down health VERY fast. All the other duel wieldable weapons are just as deadly in my hands, as long as you know how to use them at the right time, I once got a triple kill with a single smg, no grenades, one beatdown.

Oh however Buckshot, I do compliment you on the Magnum comment, fun weapon in Halo 3 during campaign =) even more fun during multiplayer =D

And Ironclad? Maulers?....Although it's one of the more interesting weapons in my view, it's not really that useful to me during campaign, seeing as how you're talking about the flood, I'd much rather have a shotty, seeing how you can throw grenades with it. In addition, the mauler has a super short range, rendering it in effective against mutation forms (stalker, spiker shooters [forgot what you call them] and the "hunter forms" [yes they're called hunter forms...I think...or pure forms]). The mauler is meant for almost point blank range combat, and in usual cases (heroic and above with plenty of skulls on [at least that's the way it is for me] you don't want to go point blank range with the flood, or brutes, because it's almost instant kill on legendary with my normal amount of skulls on (mythic being the most annoying, at least to me)

Arteen
November 5th, 2007, 11:47 PM
That's been a glitch since Halo 2 afaik.
How is it really a glitch? The result is the logical outcome of the prior steps.

Pooky
November 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
:words:
tYpinG with CAPs on random SYLLaBLES makes you SOUnd smarTER

How is it really a glitch? The result is the logical outcome of the prior steps.
^

Huero
November 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I don't like dual-wielding anyway, probably won't try this >:

Mr Buckshot
November 7th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Same here, I prefer my grenades over a weapon in the left hand. And I cannot live without at least one scoped weapon unless the gametype is set up that way.

I don't really see much benefit to holding 2 or 3 of the same weapon, though. SMG-Plasma Rifle or PP-Magnum combo ftw. But 3 magnums pwns, because I like handguns. Imagine, you run around like a macho god of cops with dual pistols, run out of ammo, then switch...to another pistol.

Arteen
November 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Imagine, you run around like a macho god of cops with dual pistols, run out of ammo, then switch...to another pistol.
I haven't tested it, but I would assume that the dual pistols use the same ammo as the secondary pistol, so your secondary pistol would also be out of ammo.

Sever
November 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
The weapon in secondary would allow more ammo to be stored overall, and would still maintain whatever shots it had in magazine when you moved it to secondary. The most you could have when you switch back to the secondary weapon, after depleting all of the remaining ammo for the primary weapon, is the weapon's maximum magazine size. Ex: Holding 3 Magnums, run out of ammo for the first two, switch to the third magnum - only has 12 shots.

ImSpartacus
November 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
In halo 2, I would often use this 'glitch' as defense on Zanzibar and wield 3 needlers for the extra ammo.

i kno, the needlers ran through ammo like nothin else. I kind of wish the new needler was dual wieldable so i use the same tactic, but now theres only like 2 per map .(

Ki11a_FTW
November 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Frain, glad you find out, but this is old, i found this out a little bit after i got the game.