PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Favorite TF2 Class?

Emmzee
November 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Mine is Pyro.

Atty
November 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Sniper.

CRITICAL HIT!

Tweek
November 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
i dont play. dont have moneys to buy anything atm :<

Amit
November 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I just got the Orange box last night and I've played barely enough to say which one but I'm leaning towards the Soldier mostly but there is also the scout and heavy to consider. I haven't played as the the engineer yet which I think looks like a very good class.

Archon23
November 5th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Engineer since I'm just a camping fag. :downs:

jahrain
November 6th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Sniper, but there aren't many good sniping maps so I usually play heavy. I just like to play to kill.

Skiiran
November 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Pyro.

PYRO.

Pooky
November 6th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Nigger.

Oh wait D:

I don't have TF2, as I don't have my gaming PC anymore :'(

Terin
November 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM
According to the Orange Box minimum specs, you don't NEED a gaming computer. :D

Which is why I now love Valve so much.

Pooky
November 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I'm posting off my sisters PC. It has Intel integrated graphics destroyer.

INTEL.

Terin
November 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
If it's DirectX 9, it'll probably work, even if it's integrated. I can play Half Life 2 with a Radeon Xpress 200m card well.

DrunkenSamus
November 6th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Engineer since I'm just a camping fag. :downs:

Ah, yes. The good old days of building a level 3 sentry turret and camping in front of a door. Good times.

Terin
November 6th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Couldn't a demoman be able to take care of turrets? It looks like he can throw explosives, so you'd be able to reach places where a turret lies in wait.

Engineer sounds like something I'd like to play as, too. Building, repairing, and maintaining has always been fun for me. Either that, or medic so I can see people futilely shoot at a Heavy. :D

Also, apparently there's a "gifting" feature available for Half Life 2 and Episode One for those who bought the Orange Box and had either of those. Did that apply to any of you in this thread? I downloaded the demo and I'm hooked. :>

Amit
November 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I'm posting off my sisters PC. It has Intel integrated graphics destroyer.

INTEL.

LOL a blast from the past, eh? Intel has some pretty good graphics being developed right now.

Now after playing for a lot more today, I'm gonna have to say that the Soldier is my favourite class for killing people. Here's my reasoning:

-good speed
-excellent firepower
-work great mixed with other classes and for defense of Heavies.

LMAO I got 5 Critical Hits with the Heavy just by headshotting guys in the when they run around the corner of the balcony on 2Fort.

An amazing group to send out over the bridge in 2Fort when it's slightly clear is this:

-3 Soldiers
-2 Demomen
-2 Pyros
-2 Medics
-1 Heavy

Earlier today I was playing with a bunch of people and I managed to rally these people together and run across the bridge after the all clear from the snipers. 2 Scouts ran through to draw fire while we trudged up to the Red base and laid waste to all the Reds we saw. I managed to stay alive with 23 Health as a Soldier and get 5 Kills without dying. This is where I earned my first achievement: "Hard to Kill."

Two more things: Engineers dominate the sewers, and the Demomen are better at offense than defense which is their proper category.

Emmzee
November 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I earned that and the pyro achievement at the same time.

Amit
November 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I earned that and the pyro achievement at the same time.

Nice, yesterday I cooked 2 or 3 soldiers and a heavy in Granary. Unfortunately the demoman just busted in and blew me to hell. Also, it's just nasty when you see a fellow heavy running across the bridge with you and then hang back just for you to turn around and see you're team mate get back stabbed by a Heavy-turned Spy.

Emmzee
November 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I was scout one time, and I got ubered. I got 3 kills with the bat before a turret put me down.

Amit
November 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I was scout one time, and I got ubered. I got 3 kills with the bat before a turret put me down.

I tried to use the bat but couldn't get close enough so I blew those engineers to hell with the shotgun.

Skiiran
November 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Guys.

On 360 version the kids are so fucking bad.

"DICK DICK CUNT PISS."
"SHUT THE FUCK UP FAG."
"WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP YOU ARE THE FAGGEST FAG FAG."
And then we're off in the corner helping each other out.
"WHAT ARE YOU FAGS DOING HUH YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE FUCKING EACH OTHER AHAHAHAHAHAHA."

This is why they have team switching. So you can get them to shut the fuck up.

X3RO SHIF7
November 7th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Guys.

On 360 version the kids are so fucking bad.

"DICK DICK CUNT PISS."
"SHUT THE FUCK UP FAG."
"WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP YOU ARE THE FAGGEST FAG FAG."
And then we're off in the corner helping each other out.
"WHAT ARE YOU FAGS DOING HUH YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE FUCKING EACH OTHER AHAHAHAHAHAHA."

This is why they have team switching. So you can get them to shut the fuck up.
*shivers* so some halo2 players play tf2? lol

i own the pc version but havent played it

Skiiran
November 7th, 2007, 06:41 AM
It is really bad. I'm starting to wish they had taken a hint from Halo 2/3 and added a mute function.

Reaper Man
November 7th, 2007, 07:00 AM
I can't connect to the interwebs in TF2 for some reason. Therefore I don't have a favourite class. :gonk:

MNC
November 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Demo man has THE MOST EPIC AWESOME MEEEDIIICCC SCREAM.

Skiiran
November 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Guys, Sniper is catching up to Pyro.

Remedy this.

Amit
November 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Can't you block people's voices through the player list or did they remove that? Check through the Steam Community functions by pressing TAB+SHIFT ingame. For 360 users, um....turn off your sound?

Pooky
November 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Can't you block people's voices through the player list or did they remove that? Check through the Steam Community functions by pressing TAB+SHIFT ingame. For 360 users, um....burn that silly heap and get a gaming PC

:haw:

Skiiran
November 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
:haw:
Why is it so hard for people to get that I do not have money? My 360 was a combination of two years of saving plus a mini-grant from my parents.

UNLESS of course you mean burn my silly heap computer. Which I won't.

EDIT: We are still not remedying the fact that the PYRO IS THE BEST. Four more votes or I shall be disapproving.

Amit
November 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I just noticed the "Mute Players" button on the Main menu when connected to a server.

EDIT: The Pyro roasts people to death only in close proximity. Otherwise, he's a load of bullocks. The Soldier is bloody brilliant and the Demoman is just mental.

Skiiran
November 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I just noticed the "Mute Players" button on the Main menu when connected to a server.

EDIT: The Pyro roasts people to death only in close proximity. Otherwise, he's a load of bullocks. The Soldier is bloody brilliant and the Demoman is just mental.
Shotgun. :hist101:

Skiiran
November 9th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hell damn double posting.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7665/happybirthdayheavynb2.jpg

Atty
November 9th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Sniper wins. :haw:

^_^

it was 5

MNC
November 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
LMFAO, oh Atty :-3

Amit
November 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
LMAO, I didn't know it was possible to do that.

Pooky
November 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM
*stifles It's over 9000 joke*

Emmzee
November 9th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Atty, no haxing my thread.
:-3

Amit
November 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM
He's the almighty thread hacking abuse moderator!

DOWN WITH ATTY!(Join the Revolution)

Terin
November 9th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Rawr! Revolt!

I looked on the Steam forums and saw a 4 page thread of people COMPLEMENTING Valve for Team Fortress 2. Either hell reached absolute zero or that is one godly game.

Pooky
November 9th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Rawr! Revolt!

I looked on the Steam forums and saw a 4 page thread of people COMPLEMENTING Valve for Team Fortress 2. Either hell reached absolute zero or that is one godly game.

Good old Valve, masters of popularising something they didn't really create

Amit
November 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Good old Valve, masters of popularising something they didn't really create

Look at the differences in Episode 2 and then Team Fortress 2. Pretty much no relation whatsoever in gameplay. Sounds are recycled from Half-Life 2 in to the rest of the Source Engine games.

Skiiran
November 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
It should have said Atticus is a Faggotus.

Amit
November 11th, 2007, 03:49 PM
It should have said Atticus is a Faggotus.

Don't dwell on that thought for too long or Wave of Lag will send some Wolunist goons after you. You're not supposed to insult his right hand man.:eek:

Terin
December 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry for thread-resurrection, but the Scout is now my favorite class evar. It's so satisfying to shoot enemies with the scatter gun and watch them hit the floor dead, then run off to another target.

Also, I beat down a heavy with a bat one time and the scout said "Beat it, fatty!" That was awesome. Then I got killed by a mad demoman and soldier rush.

dg
December 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Aye carumba, so I miss these threads when I'm out a computer?

I love the Medic. I usually team up with a pyro or soldier throughout an entire game. It's real satisfying when I hit the Ubercharge right when we get the Intelligence on 2Fort. :-)

cls
December 12th, 2007, 12:09 AM
The classes I play as the most are Pyro , Demoman and Engineer, and I suck at the rest. :p

Amit
December 12th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I just started playing as the pyro a lot last night and I'm kickass at it. Deep-fried Zeph anyone?

Cortexian
December 12th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I'm Anti-Valve since it doesn't work on Vista... So, I just voted Atticus is a faggot.

Amit
December 12th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I run all my source games on both Vista and XP.

Xetsuei
December 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'm Anti-Valve since it doesn't work on Vista... So, I just voted Atticus is a faggot.

All my source games work perfectly on vista. Also, sniper.

jahrain
December 14th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Wow, I realized how over powered the demomen are. In servers that don't have instant spawn, Its so easy to just camp right outside of spawn points and catch people in a sticky trap as soon as they exit the base. Doing so, I can rake up so many kills repeatedly as they continuously get frustrated.

Also, on this one 32 player server playing dustbowl. Everyone went ALL engineers on defense. What we did was literally build an impenetrable wall of about 15 sentry guns right next to the exit of the spawn point. For the whole match no one could leave the spawn area.

X3RO SHIF7
December 14th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Wow, I realized how over powered the demomen are. In servers that don't have instant spawn, Its so easy to just camp right outside of spawn points and catch people in a sticky trap as soon as they exit the base. Doing so, I can rake up so many kills repeatedly as they continuously get frustrated.

Also, on this one 32 player server playing dustbowl. Everyone went ALL engineers on defense. What we did was literally build an impenetrable wall of about 15 sentry guns right next to the exit of the spawn point. For the whole match no one could leave the spawn area.
lol^

Pooky
December 14th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I've got a better one, Atticus is a fatticus. Also now that I've tried it, demoman.

Limited
December 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I mix it up, much more fun that way.

Amit
December 14th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Demomen can launch grenades way too far. The above scenario is awesome.

New favourite class:

Pyro on this server:

32 Man 24/7 2Fort [trUservers.net]

75.126.174.89:27015

Skiiran
December 15th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Since this is the closest to a TF2 thread we have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ekodosu/HappyPyro.jpg
:awesome:

Amit
December 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Since this is the closest to a TF2 thread we have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ekodosu/HappyPyro.jpg
:awesome:

ROFL! That's awesome!

Random
January 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
So like, who wants to play tf2 some time. Oh and sniper is my favorite, but engineer and spy are fun too when I get bored of sniping.

Random846 - steam id

Sever
January 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm up for a few games some time. Anyone else here stricken by the orange box syndrome? I know that n00b1 would, but his aussie-web sucks... Get that fixor'd Mr. N00b!!!

Amit
January 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'm up for a few games some time. Anyone else here stricken by the orange box syndrome? I know that n00b1 would, but his aussie-web sucks... Get that fixor'd Mr. N00b!!!

What is it he has again? Shit DSL?

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
What is it he has again? Shit DSL?
no.
Australian. It's more Beast then DSL.

also just got the Orange box :D

Bodzilla
April 2nd, 2008, 01:20 AM
Spy baby!

MNC
April 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
YOU'RE LATE >=(

Con
April 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
I can't believe 0 for demoman...

Bodzilla
April 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
i cant believe theres 6 pyro's O___o

fucking bastards burning my ass while i'm trying to sap their sentrys >_<

Con
April 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
. I really hate pyros. Good scouts too, they're annoying.

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
they really are arnt they.

even tho that bastard is right in front of you you can never just shoot him.
i swear to god that flame thrower creates a forcefield around them.

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 02:49 AM
Fuck you Pyro rocks.

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 03:36 AM
I'll fucking CUT YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP.
you'll think your making love with some hot chick from uni then BAM!
instant death.

on a side note do i have your Steam? cant believe i've never played with you :O?

E: the funny thing is the chicky's in your class are legit medics.
that made my pun more awesome and i didnt even realize :D

MNC
April 3rd, 2008, 05:43 AM
ross fuck you you pyro?

rossmum
April 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'll fucking CUT YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP.
you'll think your making love with some hot chick from uni then BAM!
instant death.

on a side note do i have your Steam? cant believe i've never played with you :O?

E: the funny thing is the chicky's in your class are legit medics.
that made my pun more awesome and i didnt even realize :D
Yeah you have it, I just suck horribly at TF2 and rarely play it.

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
THEM SPIES BE SAPPIN MAH SENTRY!

Also, I'm now an Engie. Fell in love with my Sentry gun, now that I figured out how to make it level 3.

Bodzilla
April 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah you have it, I just suck horribly at TF2 and rarely play it.
so thats why you play as a pyro
:downs:

Jay2645
April 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I can't get close enough to people to be effective as a Pyro. I get raped as soon as I can catch someone on fire.

I'm actually not half bad as a heavy, I can deal a lot of damage. I can't kill anything, but I can at least widen a gap so my teammates can finish them off.

As for the Spy... I keep forgetting to make sure no one's around before I decloak. People seem to notice that Pyros don't have cloaking.

Medic, never played, Sniper, Demoman, same.

Soldier, I just fire rockets randomly. Sometimes I hit stuff, normally I'm cut down by Sentries.

Engineer is my new favorite class. I cower behind my Sentry, and make sure I made a dispenser nearby so I can keep hiding behind my Sentry and protect it from Uber-Soldiers.

I've used the Scout once, and that one time, I was pretty good. I ran in there, shot stuff, and ran for my life. That worked until my team was pinned down, and I tried to punch through their blockade and take them out, or at least distract them. I didn't even come close.

Sever
April 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Shit. You need to get some FPS skills. ANYONE can heavy :/ (not putting down the heavy, I personally love playing as one when I've got good support)

Pooky
April 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Medic. Also Heavy takes a lot more skill than he gets credit for.

Sever
April 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM
Indeed. I've once been basically glued to a Heavy when playing as a Medic, just because he was so damn good. He didn't squander Ubercharges or get into any tight situations, and maybe got sniped only once. Two other medics agreed. Yes, three medics on a heavy. We won btw.

MNC
April 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I'm liking the scout more than I used to, but spy still is awesome.

Teroh
April 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Sniper. Aiming for the head just seems to be easy for me.

n00b1n8R
April 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I've started taking a liking to the engy on dustbowl defence.

And I had a serious laugh yesterday
we'd capped the first point on dustbowl , and we went up the tunnel. there were like 3 engys making a pain of themselves, so the whole team trys to take them out (supported by a medic).
I'd been busy doing my thing, and as i get up there, the medic's heavy just dies as the medic gets his uber charge.

I'm a spy, disguised as an engy and was planing on running up to sap the sentrys and I just got the best idea ever.

"hey medic, charge me!"

just as I was finishing the sentry's, the rest of the team comes up behind me and finish's the engys and their stuff.

Pooky
April 9th, 2008, 07:22 PM
what ive been telling people to uber spies forever D:

dumbass medics never do it

Sever
April 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Just yesterday I was a Scout and got uber'd. Got two people with my magnum and one with a bat. Then I proceeded to get behind their lines (easy to do on es_mining, since the map creators allowed full access to all 7 control points and their surrounding areas from the get-go) and got about twelve people chasing me while my team got the cart to the next cp. I died (after about :45), we advanced, and I lol'd.

Emmzee
April 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
On Dustbowl offense, nothing beats a Demoman.

OmegaDragon
April 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm starting to like being a medic now that i have time to play. Sometimes switch classes between the soldier and the spy, but mainly like being a medic. (I am the worst/most obvious spy ever XD)

Bodzilla
April 10th, 2008, 03:07 AM
on dustbowl offense i'm normally a soldier.

i just dont like demoman.
AND DA MUTHA FUCKING GRENADE SPAM!

MNC
April 10th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I can't play Soldier for the life of it. People make it look so easy just to rocket spam all around D: He and Heavy are my least played class.

~ZMT~Trace
April 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
New found love for spy <3

Pooky
April 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
on dustbowl offense i'm normally a soldier.

i just dont like demoman.
AND DA MUTHA FUCKING PIPE SPAM!
ftfy

ILEGALLcheatsMAN
April 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I never seem to trick the other team as a spy. they always shoot me as faking a member of thier own team. But my best choices are the medic and scout, double jumping FTW

n00b1n8R
April 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
On Dustbowl offense, nothing beats a Demoman.
l2scoutrush A

@cheatsman:
b-qD30EOO-o
That's a pretty good guide. It helped me a fair bit back when I started spying too.

MNC
April 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Seriously, that was quite handy for me when I got into TF2.
at first I thought the cloak would be disabled as soon as you stabbed.
When I first picked spy, I wondered why the fuck I couldn't stab while cloaked.