View Full Version : chaosfields(needs work)

January 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/12338676/ChaosFields.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/12338676/ChaosFields.rar.html)
it is teh sux,not only because it is a mod(most likely reason)
but because it has dozens of errors in it
i thought the elite biped would help make it cooler,
but you cant even use the weapons,
and you can only use bulldog and cannon,and i added tonz of wierd stuff
like the hanging heads from area 54,and some dancing snowmen i found somewhere,im gonna now work on making my own maps now,instead of modding them.
i need to work on it more...

and go ahead and rip the tags from it if you'd like...its not protected

January 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I hope this isnt like chaos gulch where its just BG map that has a few added things, i cant stand those maps
Got any pictures?

An Emu
January 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
i cannot stand ANY MODDED maps. make your own maps, this is CE.

January 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
ya,i hate mods too,but i suck at modeling,thehieghtmap always screws up,ill give it another shot this morning,or tonight,i just tried a few min. ago
im trying to make a map twice the size of bg,but it has tonz of pathways for ppl to camp.

An Emu
January 19th, 2007, 12:08 AM
heightmaps aren't the best way to make maps, i would go with just manually moving the polies to create terrain that you like... or just make a city map. (they are better anyways)

January 19th, 2007, 03:16 PM
city maps are better, but the map really depends on the maker
you have to have skill to make a level that people will enjoy and play.
if your new, try making a couple of screw-around levels (and please, no modded stuff, be original plz!).
there's also a plethora of tutorials availiable at the ghost's tutorial site
another helpful trick is learning how to use editable poly, it's a lot more powerful than editable mesh in a lot of ways.

as added constructive crit:
try making your own custom vehicles/weapons/characters/scenery to add into the level trust me if you can pull it off, you'll gain a lot more respect in these forums

January 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yay, Tweek's Tank Turret and Jahrain's Bulldog! So nice of you to give permission to rip!

January 23rd, 2007, 05:47 PM
and don't forget the psyco dancing snowmen i forgot where i got it

January 23rd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Snowtorn Cove mbmb.

January 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Try making your own map with your own content, and if you rip content you MUST give credit.

Good luck next time, I will be totally honest with this, most modified stock maps suck horribly, unless it's a weapon tweek where the weapons are remade and re-created for a new type of balance on the map, most people are not interested. (Yet again I do not want to say things that aren't true, sorry if you find what I said harsh.)

January 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Seems I haven't missed much at all around here.
Same ol crapola..

January 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
ya,i should have added background music,ill work on it later today,mb i can even put in that secret

January 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
what secret? what u hiding from us, however u should try to make ice firelds look like a completely different map other than just modifications

January 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
go back to halo pc if your modding.

January 28th, 2007, 09:03 AM
go back to halo pc if your modding.

Brilliant advice! That'll have him working hard to get up to speed and making CE maps in no time.....

I already got a red flag on here for telling some sanctimonious twat to kiss my arse for spamming up one of my threads, because he doesn't feel I should be allowed to participate here.

If you cant deal with below-par work being posted by new guys (like me) looking for mentorship, no need to spam the thread, it just makes the whole site look cheap.

January 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
The difference is, Decoy, that you aren't below par.