PDA

View Full Version : chaosfields(needs work)

THEdarkLord
January 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/12338676/ChaosFields.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/12338676/ChaosFields.rar.html)
it is teh sux,not only because it is a mod(most likely reason)
but because it has dozens of errors in it
i thought the elite biped would help make it cooler,
but you cant even use the weapons,
and you can only use bulldog and cannon,and i added tonz of wierd stuff
like the hanging heads from area 54,and some dancing snowmen i found somewhere,im gonna now work on making my own maps now,instead of modding them.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o171/thedarklord_photo/chaosfields.jpg
i need to work on it more...

and go ahead and rip the tags from it if you'd like...its not protected

Limited
January 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I hope this isnt like chaos gulch where its just BG map that has a few added things, i cant stand those maps
Got any pictures?

An Emu
January 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
i cannot stand ANY MODDED maps. make your own maps, this is CE.

THEdarkLord
January 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
ya,i hate mods too,but i suck at modeling,thehieghtmap always screws up,ill give it another shot this morning,or tonight,i just tried a few min. ago
im trying to make a map twice the size of bg,but it has tonz of pathways for ppl to camp.

An Emu
January 19th, 2007, 12:08 AM
heightmaps aren't the best way to make maps, i would go with just manually moving the polies to create terrain that you like... or just make a city map. (they are better anyways)

demonmaster3k
January 19th, 2007, 03:16 PM
city maps are better, but the map really depends on the maker
you have to have skill to make a level that people will enjoy and play.
if your new, try making a couple of screw-around levels (and please, no modded stuff, be original plz!).
there's also a plethora of tutorials availiable at the ghost's tutorial site
another helpful trick is learning how to use editable poly, it's a lot more powerful than editable mesh in a lot of ways.

as added constructive crit:
try making your own custom vehicles/weapons/characters/scenery to add into the level trust me if you can pull it off, you'll gain a lot more respect in these forums

Dole
January 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yay, Tweek's Tank Turret and Jahrain's Bulldog! So nice of you to give permission to rip!

THEdarkLord
January 23rd, 2007, 05:47 PM
and don't forget the psyco dancing snowmen i forgot where i got it
:P

Dole
January 23rd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Snowtorn Cove mbmb.

Rosco
January 24th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Try making your own map with your own content, and if you rip content you MUST give credit.

Good luck next time, I will be totally honest with this, most modified stock maps suck horribly, unless it's a weapon tweek where the weapons are remade and re-created for a new type of balance on the map, most people are not interested. (Yet again I do not want to say things that aren't true, sorry if you find what I said harsh.)

KiLLa
January 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Seems I haven't missed much at all around here.
Same ol crapola..

THEdarkLord
January 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
ya,i should have added background music,ill work on it later today,mb i can even put in that secret

Pred1ator
January 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
what secret? what u hiding from us, however u should try to make ice firelds look like a completely different map other than just modifications

Cortexian
January 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
go back to halo pc if your modding.

DECOY
January 28th, 2007, 09:03 AM
go back to halo pc if your modding.

Brilliant advice! That'll have him working hard to get up to speed and making CE maps in no time.....

I already got a red flag on here for telling some sanctimonious twat to kiss my arse for spamming up one of my threads, because he doesn't feel I should be allowed to participate here.

If you cant deal with below-par work being posted by new guys (like me) looking for mentorship, no need to spam the thread, it just makes the whole site look cheap.

rossmum
January 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
The difference is, Decoy, that you aren't below par.