PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max8 reading matter?

DECOY
January 20th, 2007, 08:29 AM
So I managed to buy a second hand copy of 3ds max8 from an (ex)student at the local arts and tech institute. So no more 3ds max5 for me!

I'm probably going out later today to see what text books are out there that might be worth picking up on max8, does anyone have any recommendations?

OmegaDragon
January 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
3ds max bible is a good one. Even though i don't own it I have scanned through it and it is very detailed on the tools included with max 8. Only bad thing is that it costs about 40-60$ :x

Or you could be cheap and look at stuff over the internet... you can mb even find the book if you look hard enough >.>

legionaire45
January 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
3DS Max 8 Bible is a must. Some twit may have posted the PDF of the book somewhere but that is sort of a cheap way of getting it, plus its better to have the book so you dont need to alt-tab to the PDF. Academic Superstore has it for a good-ish price. Also 3DS Max: From Modeling to Animation is good.

DECOY
January 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM
thanks guys!

I'll take a trip up yonge dtreet tomorrow and go into worlds largest bookstore, they usually have a bunch of stuff on clearence....