PDA

View Full Version : secondary firing reload

ICEE
November 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM
lets say i have made a weapon with 2 triggers, both of which must be reloaded. the secondary fire has to reload after every shot, so its sort of vital that this works. how do i make the secondary reload animation play when that trigger needs reloading? i know its possible, because CMT's battle rifle had a secondary reload animation. can anyone please help me out on this?

Roostervier
November 15th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Since I no longer have the animation file, I'll have to speculate. I'd guess that the reload time is counted and set in the weapon file, and the whole thing is in the fire-2 animation (you would just have to make the entire sound that long as well). Sorry since I don't really know.

ICEE
November 15th, 2007, 11:29 PM
alright, thanks.

p0lar_bear
November 15th, 2007, 11:55 PM
There is no reload animation, effect, or button for the secondary trigger. The secondary trigger only reloads when it it emptied, which it then runs the reload-empty animation and uses the reload effect; if there is one specified in the weapon tag.

Pooky
November 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I thought CMT's BR grenade reload was just an extended fire animation with a long delay before firing again, which was why you could fire the primary while it reloaded.

teh lag
November 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I thought CMT's BR grenade reload was just an extended fire animation with a long delay before firing again, which was why you could fire the primary while it reloaded.

^

Can't make reloads for seperate magazines.

Roostervier
November 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sounds like Fried Metroid's response was a repeat of mine. :X

Since I no longer have the animation file, I'll have to speculate. I'd guess that the reload time is counted and set in the weapon file, and the whole thing is in the fire-2 animation (you would just have to make the entire sound that long as well). Sorry since I don't really know..

Oh well, I'm glad to know I guessed right. :D

ICEE
November 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
i do believe you, but im having trouble getting my secondary trigger to fire at all and now im starting to become angry. I have made it work before but nooo... now it wont

Roostervier
November 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure you must check the following in the weapon tag:

mutually exclusive triggers
prevents grenade throwing
secondary trigger overrides grenades

CtrlAltDestroy
November 16th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You don't need mutually exclusive triggers.

ICEE
November 16th, 2007, 09:25 PM
yeah i have

prevents grenade throwing
secondary trigger overrides grenadeschecked, im totally stumped as to why its not working. ill figure that out though. im closing this thread once i have it working and i know that the firing-reload animations work for trigger 2. thanks everyone

Roostervier
November 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Do you have a secondary magazine and secondary trigger even made in the weapon file? D:

If so, pics of the entire thing or upload it.

ICEE
November 16th, 2007, 10:37 PM
no worries, all was figured out. actually, i was using a rocket as a place holder projectile, and when i switched projectiles it worked just fine. thanks, + rep for people who helped me out/ tried