PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New Bungie Update: Talks about new map "Jordell Bank" (another BG mb)

m13120
November 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12972

Sever
November 16th, 2007, 08:56 PM
The post contradicts you. Learn to thoroughly read and comprehend the English language please.

Con
November 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
They just say that in terms of engagement distance, it feels like blood gulch.

m13120
November 16th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I don't see how it contradicts me if I say it is MAYBE another Blood Gulch, just because this new map has some new things in it and even looks different, they say that it "feels" like Blood Gulch. Yes I have read where they say it is not another Blood Gulch remake, but if it has the same "feel" that can also mean that it will have the same gameplay. When I say the same gameplay, I am referring to as they said how in HCE, half of the map can be controlled by a pistol and the same thing can practically happen here with a BR. I am sorry if I misled you by saying another Blood Gulch, without pictures or any proof I did not mean to say that it would even look like Blood Gulch. I can care less if the textures make it look like a canyon with orange/red walls or something like that, but if they say that the gameplay/feel is like Blood Gulch, I can expect some camping spots, possibly another "big hill," etc. But at the same time without pictures, we don't know what they're planning to do with this map. In any case, I am not trying to make any judgements on this map, just to let those who do not check bungie.net regularly to know about a new upcoming map.

Jay2645
November 23rd, 2007, 01:09 AM
Well, it DOES look like BG... Kinda.
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_DLC_Standoff.jpg

supersniper
November 23rd, 2007, 10:14 AM
Oh dang it does o_O.

Kornman00
November 23rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Oh dang it does o_O.
yeah...if you're just looking at the rocks near the camera :/

supersniper
November 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
yeah...if you're just looking at the rocks near the camera :/Ha that was exactly what I was looking at.

Kornman00
November 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
:lol:

Con
November 23rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
It'll play a lot like BG though, can't wait :)

m13120
November 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
That cave(s) and "base" in the middle will surely mix up the gameplay.

supersniper
November 23rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
:lol:I guess great minds think alike eh??

armoman92
November 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM
bungie's new method of getting rid of cliffs is making huge open space around you you cant explore. I like cliffs.

Con
November 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
It was getting repetitive though. I think they wanted more natural looking maps, and I for one am glad they chose that direction.

Pooky
November 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I wish they hadn't triple stuffed the game with barriers preventing you from exploring at ALL though... the redeeming quality of Halo 2 SP was how there was almost nowhere you couldn't get with sufficient effort (much like super metroid), now you're stuck on the beaten path the entire game :(

Con
November 27th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I agree, they could have done without the barriers in SP. They only really need to be there in MP.

ImSpartacus
November 27th, 2007, 08:41 PM
It was getting repetitive though. I think they wanted more natural looking maps, and I for one am glad they chose that direction.

Yeah its kind of cool to get shot at if u go outside maps. i love the forge maps that make small bases out on snowbound that provide cover from the guns.

Botolf
November 27th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I agree, they could have done without the barriers in SP. They only really need to be there in MP.
Having no barriers could possibly expose massive shortcuts and thus break the flow of the level, it sucks, but it probably had to be done.

Con
November 28th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Having no barriers could possibly expose massive shortcuts and thus break the flow of the level, it sucks, but it probably had to be done.
You'd have to be pretty crafty anyway to do some of those things, and crafty people deserve to do what they want.

Botolf
November 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
You'd have to be pretty crafty anyway to do some of those things, and crafty people deserve to do what they want.
I suppose, but I don't know how'd you go about achieving it without totally breaking the level, though. Heck, someone was able to jump on and kill the Scarab swiftly when it just entered on The Storm, and that was with barriers :lol:

Pooky
November 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I suppose, but I don't know how'd you go about achieving it without totally breaking the level, though. Heck, someone was able to jump on and kill the Scarab swiftly when it just entered on The Storm, and that was with barriers :lol:

So what you're saying is, skill shouldn't be rewarded; everyone should have the exact same play experience?

Botolf
November 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
So what you're saying is, skill shouldn't be rewarded; everyone should have the exact same play experience?
No, what I'm saying is given the time constraints and testing that would be involved, I honestly don't know how you would take off all barriers without exposing countless things that could break it.

Phopojijo
November 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yea -- Far Cry Xbox I did a quick roll on an ATV off the side of a cliff. Landed in the water like 20 minutes down the game... no enemy AI even spawned in for another like 10 minutes.

Pooky
November 29th, 2007, 06:40 AM
No, what I'm saying is given the time constraints and testing that would be involved, I honestly don't know how you would take off all barriers without exposing countless things that could break it.

So let people break the game, it's fun. If you want to have the normal play experience, just follow the linear path. It's not like they made it hard to follow <_<

Botolf
November 29th, 2007, 10:50 AM
So let people break the game, it's fun. If you want to have the normal play experience, just follow the linear path. It's not like they made it hard to follow <_<
Breaking the game might break more than just the path you take through the level, who knows :p

supersniper
November 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I think it is now safe to say THREAD JACKED!

SnaFuBAR
November 29th, 2007, 03:58 PM
barriers are there to prevent you from screwing up AI encounters.