PDA

View Full Version : Official "Post yer Freaky Dreams" Thread v0.1b

ExAm
November 16th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Here's one I had the other day when I was sick, after I had gone back to sleep after eating breakfast.

At a house with family members I am myself, but my family is different. The floor is covered in a layer of green smog with odd particles
flowing through it. My "mom" asks my "dad" about when he's going to fix the reactor leak or something like that.
He says he'll get on it soon, grabs a thruster pack and flies off to a party that's going on for something.I finish washing
my hair in the sink, and for some reason I've grown a short beard and my hair is brown, long and curly.
This somehow happened in the time it took me to wash my hair.
"Dad" comments on how I look like a family friend who I actually know in real life. Then, somehow it just reverts to normal.
"Mom" asks me if I'm ready to go (to the party). I bend down to get a thruster pack, and become nauseous from the layer of smog.
I get up with the thruster pack, and it's very odd. Apparently you'd have to hold on tight, because it has no straps, is shaped like
a rocket with two handles on it in positions such that you'd carry the thing under your arm. That one family friend arrives at the
door (apparently he's coming too) and asks us if we're ready. "Mom" says yes, and he flies off with rocket boots (Christ, is it the
future or something!?). We then leave, and I fly up on the thruster thing. It takes me a while to get used to, and curiously I'm not
at risk of falling. I follow the family friend, but he just kind of crashes into an open air cafe. He dusts himself off
and apologizes to the diners, then flies off again. We seem to be in London. I do a barrel roll. Dream cuts out and I wake up.

Post any of your crazy or weird dreams here

n00b1n8R
November 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I had a simmilar dream involving thruster packs except they were flying rocks :S

Bodzilla
November 16th, 2007, 11:34 PM
i had a dream about fighting a work collegue at my house.
it ended with me breaking his right arm and ripping out his Right eye.

little bit of tention there.

Aerowyn
November 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I've had several.

The most recent?
>___< I had a dream that there was a crazy gunman in my house and Jason wrestled him to the ground and got the gun out of his hands. He told me to shoot the guy, and I did, but the bullet went through him and hit Jason in the chest... luckily it didn't pierce his heart. D:

A funny one:
Ms. Lucanik (my theatre teacher at the time) was trying to teach me how to take an average glass of water and make it into a different drink without adding anything. (kind of like the water into wine thing) She made kool-aid or something sweet and made me drink it... it was tasty. Really good. So she gave me an empty jar and told me to go to the water fountain and fill it up, and come back with something.

So I head to the fountain, fill it up... wanted to make pepsi. So I'm thinking about it and the water goes from clear to the brownish colour of pepsi... so I'm assuming it went well and I drank it. ... It tasted terrible. Like flat pepsi that was really watered down. Blechh. I was wondering why it didnt work, and my friend meghan was there and she said, "Well, you used plain water... and pepsi is carbonated. The water can't just become carbonated." ... and so I was struggling to think of what else I could make... COFFEE!!! ... great, so I end up making the coffee and I taste it... it was terrible because it was black, but it tasted like coffee and that was good enough for me... so I grabbed a few packets of sugar from this little concession stand thing and ran back to Ms. Lucanik... told her to try it because it was really good! ... and she was like, "This isn't sugar. They're band-aids."

..... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Skiiran
November 17th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I once dreamed that Cartoon Network had been replaced by a free Erotica channel. And you see, I was glad, but also pissed, because Chowder is a good show, goddammit.

Teroh
November 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I once dreamed that Cartoon Network had been replaced by a free Erotica channel. And you see, I was glad, but also pissed, because Chowder is a good show, goddammit.
That is awesome.

Boba
November 18th, 2007, 06:42 PM
My favorite dream is when I somehow gain control of the World and line up and execute all who have ever caused me problems. There were piles of my dead schoolmates everywhere. It was rad.

Bodzilla
November 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM
My favorite dream is when I somehow gain control of the World and line up and execute all who have ever caused me problems. There were piles of my dead schoolmates everywhere. It was rad.
:awesome:

FRain
November 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
:iia:

Emmzee
November 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I had one dream that I was doing some hot chick, and I woke up to a wet spot near my crotch.

The kicker: it was urine.

E: A recurring dream I had when I was younger; haven't had it in 3 years.

A monster is in the house. I never see it, but I know that it's in the house. My whole family piles into the car and starts backing out of the garage to escape from the monster. They drive off because I took too long to tie my shoe.
:smith:

ExAm
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
That's probably enough to make your average school teacher flinch. Just a little.

E: Are you boba disguised as WoL, or WoL disguised as Boba with a name change?

EE: It's Boba. The rep bar does not lie.

Atty
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
What Emmzee isn't telling us is that he enjoys golden showers so that wet spot was welcome.

Emmzee
November 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
What Emmzee isn't telling us is that he enjoys golden showers so that wet spot was welcome.
Only you would know that, babe.

rossmum
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
The first part of this one (hell, the majority of it) I won't go into, but:

I was in my backyard, and there were a ton of half-buried Kar98Ks.

I have no fucking idea.

Rob Oplawar
November 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM
So recently I had this dream- it started out like most of my other dreams, where everything is pretty normal, which is to say, really fucking boring, so I'll skip to the good stuff.

I just finished doing a lab in the engineering center, so I headed out the front door, and saw that there was a bus on its side in the courtyard (there are no roads anywhere near that), so I shrugged and headed back in. Then it was perfectly normal for a while again, until I decided I had to leave, and got out there and saw the bus was still there. There was a group of people rocking it back and forth to tip it over, and they finally succeeded, but they pushed too hard and it started rolling toward me.

I did a bit of an OSHI-, and then started backpedaling back into the building. By now the bus was crashing through the upper floors overhanging the entrance, so I turned and ran back inside, and the bus crashed down through the ceiling right in front of me. I knew the bus didn't hit me, but it was like in a game where there is a cinematic explosion near you and it shows damage on your screen- I knew I wasn't really hit, but I saw red and like, er, vibrated a bit, although not holding a controller, I have no idea what part of me vibrated...

Anyway, I thought it was kind of cheesy that I got hurt even though it didn't hit me, but I turned and ran anyway. Then I realized how selfish it was of me to leave those people behind in the crashed bus, so I went back to help them. There were a couple of charred dead corpses, and there was one survivor- a girl who was severely burnt and was missing both legs. I was kind of shocked to see her, so I just stood there as she crawled away. Then I went after her, and found her hiding in a corner. Then without warning, she climbed up my side and grabbed my head with blood drenched hands, and i was too freaked out to do anything. Then she said "Can you see?!" like in Minority report, and then sent me a couple of lines from the Sixth Sense, also tossing in a "They mostly only come at night" at me.

Movie quotes aside I was like "oshi this girl's seeing ghosts. I better get her out of here." Being without legs she was pretty easy to carry, and I carried her around in the building, with absolutely no reaction from the other people I passed, as though it was perfectly normal for me to be carrying a dismembered bloody charred girl screaming movie quotes. I took her to see one of my professors, who would know what to do. Along the way, everything metal that I touched, like door handles and such, burst into cold flames that didn't hurt me at all, although I didn't really take much notice of this fact.

So I get to my professor's office, which is a friggin temple- it's a big four story high open area with walkways with glass railings and modern art everywhere. My professor listens to my story, and says that it isn't normal for things to burst into flame when I touch them (ya think?) and that it only happens when I have the girl (who is now a completely uninjured white cat) with me, because the cat needs to do something and i need to help, or some shit.

But before I got to see where the fuck my mind was going with all this, my alarm woke me up. God damn I hate that fuckin thing- it's cut off so many potential adventures.

Bodzilla
November 19th, 2007, 02:29 AM
But before I got to see where the fuck my mind was going with all this, my alarm woke me up. God damn I hate that fuckin thing- it's cut off so many potential adventures.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/bodzilla_1/Alarmclock.jpg

Llama Juice
March 19th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I had a dream where I'd randomly turn into a squid thing and just flop around for a few minutes before turning back into a human.

sleepy1212
March 19th, 2010, 07:22 AM
hmm...

babies raining from the sky that explode when you pick them up and a jalapeno birthday cake (the cop was hispanic)

me and a team of 'superfriends' rescuing our comrade, who is a two-story green talking lawnchair

rescuing my mom from niglets in 70's b-movie tinfoil spacesuits with a blue pickup with a shotgun

living in a lamborghini treehouse -rather- a lamborghini in a tree, and driving a semi-truck to work.

there's more but they take more than one sentence to retell.
my family says i should write a book about these...

Rob Oplawar
March 19th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Last night I dreamed I got on the wrong bus by mistake, fell asleep, and woke up about 100 miles away. It's actually distressingly plausible that this could happen to me.

Cojafoji
March 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM
i had another one of my recurring nightmares last night.

two words:

nuclear. holocaust.

wandering around with my brothers in some god forsaken wasteland, looking for work in exchange for food...

leave it to a fat man to dream about starvation in an irradiated horror.

PlasbianX
March 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM
This one time in a dream, I was butt ass naked but I was covered in peanut butter and cheddar biscuits. I embarked on an epic quest to rescue princess leia from a massive donkey covered in slabs of meat on a tuesday morning. I had a dead fish as a weapon and was able to cast magic spells that sprouted huge ass cucumbers from whatever I was fighting's eye lids. The dream consisted of me hitch hiking from somewhere in the middle of Virginia in a city filled with red neck fat chicks with frying pans. I manged to fend em all off then continued on my journey. Half way through tho I collapsed to the ground with diarrhea and shit my brains out, literally. So now I was completely fucking retarded but I ran into a witch who offered to give me a brain. So I did odd jobs like punting midgets and cleaning gutters till she gave me a brain. Finally, I ended up at the donkey's castle made out of sugar cubes and beat the shit out of him with my dead fish. Princess leia then gave me a kiss and I woke up before the sex went down. Good dream though.

Amit
March 24th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Sometimes I find it hard to believe some of you guys dreamed what you said you did.

Spartan094
March 24th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Played to much modern warfare 2, then I dreamed about mw2 for fucking 4 hours (which felt longer) the same old thing, pop a corner, bip bop bap, kill somebody, get shot at. And it repeated over and over again until somebody poped a corner with dual model 1887's and I woke up with a weird feeling on my chest (it was irritating as shit, couldn't wake up). Went back to sleep and I was being chased by evil clowns in a hummer with a .50 cal. fuck clowns, had that fear of them since 4.

Also sometimes it is hard to believe but we can have odd dreams, alot.

Next thing you know somebody dreams of the future...

leorimolo
March 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
heh I've had two crazy experiences with dreams. I once got sleep paralysis while I was interned in the hospital, and quite easily was the most frightening experience Ive ever had. Basically I woke up and I could not move any muscle of my body, and I tried yelling and nothing would come out, it was really scary.

My good lucid dream was also pretty weird. It was dark but yet I could still see and I realized all of a sudden I was in a dream ( I dont remember how) But I wanted to fly and I couldn't no matter how much I tried. *Insanely stupid part ahead* for some reason I spawned a mongoose as if I was in forge mode >_< layed on top of it, then I erased it and I was just floating, then I was able to fly forwards, but never rose as much from the grown as I thought I would. I woke up and decided I should stop playing video games for a while.

Llama Juice
March 24th, 2010, 09:57 PM
heh I've had two crazy experiences with dreams. I once got sleep paralysis while I was interned in the hospital, and quite easily was the most frightening experience Ive ever had. Basically I woke up and I could not move any muscle of my body, and I tried yelling and nothing would come out, it was really scary.

Haha I had something like that, except I was feeling miserable when I was going to bed, so I took a bunch of nyquill and passed out... about an hour later I woke up from this insane pain in my arm which I was sleeping on in the worst possible way. So I tried rolling over, but didn't really have any control of my body, so I kinda just flopped around and squirmed for a while until I was able to move my arm out of the way. It hurt like hell, but it was the funniest thing ever, so I'm sitting there giggling in pain at 4 AM for a few minutes before passing back out. It was awesome haha.

leorimolo
March 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Haha I had something like that, except I was feeling miserable when I was going to bed, so I took a bunch of nyquill and passed out... about an hour later I woke up from this insane pain in my arm which I was sleeping on in the worst possible way. So I tried rolling over, but didn't really have any control of my body, so I kinda just flopped around and squirmed for a while until I was able to move my arm out of the way. It hurt like hell, but it was the funniest thing ever, so I'm sitting there giggling in pain at 4 AM for a few minutes before passing back out. It was awesome haha.
If it ever happens again and you are during REM sleep, whatever thing causes your brain to dream (some people believe its DMT) can happen during your sleep paralysis and you trip mad balls, all while you are awake, and completely paralyzed.

Cojafoji
March 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM
had a dream last night where I had cancer. the really weird part, was that the entire time it was going on, i had this relaxed sense of resignation. it was like i had totally excepted what was going to happen, and at one point i was terrified, but then, like i said, there was a wave of calm that rolled over me, and everything was just fine.

i think in a dream, it was the most content feeling i've ever felt.

Spartan094
March 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Ah you guys reminded me of when I slept wrong and I woke up with my back crooked as hell and I HAD to go to school. I couldn't move my upper spine (or neck) or the pain would shoot straight up....not fun.

Also my dream from last night was, an alien plumber man fixing my sink and shooting me in the body with a ray gun, my vision started to go red like Doom 3 did and it felt tingly. Also I watched Mars Attack before I went to bed so yeah...

Jean-Luc
March 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I have quite a few freaky dreams but this one stands out.

I can't remember much of it but it happened twice in the same night and had two different results. All I really remember is being chased by a Velociraptor through a parking garage of some sort. Both times, I run across two yellow taxi cabs with open doors. The first time, I successfully get in side and slam the door shut. The second time, the raptor gets me just before I get inside and bites down on my side. The freaky part is that I woke up immediately after the second time and I could feel where I had been bitten for over ten minutes.

The mind is a strange and wondrous thing sometimes.

annihilation
March 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I was playing re-played 343 Guilty Spark twice before I went to bed.

Anywhoo I had a dream where I was in a city and I somehow ended up in the hostpital waiting room.
People kept coming in and throwing up green yellow-ish slime.
This continued for a long time, thousands of people in the ER all having the exact same symptoms.
One of the patients ran out of the room and fell over and turned into a flood.
Every patient that got somehow got infected ended up turning into a flood and they were terrorizing the whole city.

I woke up.

Siliconmaster
March 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I was at a party with a bunch of people I know, and there were copious amounts of alcohol involved. Half the night I was doing my best to get to know some of the girls that were there, but to no real success.

So, last night, still intoxicated, I'm trying to get to sleep, and somehow I become convinced that there are people wandering through my room as if it were part of the party. And I refuse to let myself completely fall asleep because I might lose out on a chance to meet people. Around 4am I had to tell myself that the couch with people on it was really the bureau, and I was alone. Yeah. Pseudo-dream weirdness ftw.

Rob Oplawar
April 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Ooh, I hate that. I often have these pseudo-anxiety-dreams where I'm not quite asleep, but keep thinking I have something important to figure out. Usually it involves objects in my room, especially those with buttons/digital displays. For example, recently I was waiting for my clock to reach 1:01 because at that point I had to enter a complex sequence on the buttons on the clock... I woke up several hours late for class because my clock had been completely reset.

I figure that's more or less what it feels like to be schizophrenic.

Warsaw
April 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Next thing you know somebody dreams of the future...

I always have dreams of the future. And it always happens too. I am just physically unable to log the dream in my accessible memory so when the event happens, it manifests as déja vu, after which point I can remember the dream...or remember remembering the dream...I think I need to upgrade my brain to 64-bit.

Other weird dreams include piloting an X-Wing down the Death Star trench, getting shot down, and somehow landing on the Enterprise, watching the universe decay into nothingness while I can't die (this one was scary as hell), or having a cross-gender experience where I was all panicky because I didn't know how to do or how to explain what the hell just happened to everyone.

mech
April 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I was playing a game of catch with a hoaers and then a title wave comes, he says,
"Get out of here, i'll hold it off!"
So I run and I'm naked and my cock is flopping all over the place, I look back to see him buck the waves back and they fly into the sun, while frogs with Australian accents surf from space to walmart on pieces of bread.

Yeah

Cortexian
April 5th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think you've been on the internet a little to long there hoaers mech...

Cojafoji
April 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
had a dream that i straight up murdered someone. was a pretty terrifying dream, knowing what i had done and eventually waiting for the police catch me. it went on for a while too. eventually it got to a point where i was killing just to stay ahead of the police. it was a weird fucking slippery slope...

Inferno
April 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Beating the shit out of a person I really don't like.

Great dream.

DEElekgolo
April 15th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Ok so it is the middle 3 am and I just had a very unique dream compared to the others I have had... What makes this one unique is the fact that I haven't had a dream in around 3 - 4 weeks. I'll try to get it out now while it is fresh in my head.

The farthest I can remember myself in the dream was at some theme park. I saw everything in first person and I know that I was young because the elevation of my eyes were close to the ground. The theme park had some very familiar looking silhouettes of things I might have known when I was young. Toys, cartoon characters, long lost gets. I was with some guardian biped that reminded me of the idea of a parent. They spoke to me while I scanned the silhouettes but I only head something to the extent of "Joey, this is the last time you will be seeing this place. I want you to have fun, have fun for me." I turned and I saw the silhouette of a humanoid blend into the horizon of the other familiar silhouettes. It was then that a population of people began to enjoy the theme around me, like time had been allowed to continue forward. The closer I got to what seemed like strangers, the more they resemble aspects of people I had known in real life. My 5th grade teacher, friends I knew, boy scouts, and a lost family member. They all seemed occupied with the other bipeds that they clumped with. Remaining faceless until I walked closer to them. Reminding me of a few philosophies I had had. I saw a ride that had cleared into view from the corner of my eye. It revealed its self out of the silhouettes of familiar shapes. This is when my memory skips and I remember experiencing each of the rides, or what I had thought to be rides since they all seem to be taken out of context from the experiences i had experienced after. The rides were very retro and child friendly. The first one seemed to be a co-op game in which you would collect a group of stars and black holes to create new galaxy's. Different mixtures allowed for different variations. I played alone until the instant i focused on the logical aspects of the game. Other people began to appear who only revealed there faces if they looked at me. Other than that, all I could sense was a presence. After this, there was a ride which seemed to be like a maze. The terrain was extremely rough and illogical but I couldn't compile the situation in time. The ground seemed to liquefy space and time the longer it was acted upon, forcing you to continuously move. I remember running about 5 yards down a slope and looking left to see the same biped that had originally told me that this was the last time I would be here. But the silhouette revealed its self the same way one would recover from seeing a great flash of light. The mass of the silhouette displaced space as well in an extremely exaggerated pattern that caused my Trypophobia to kick in instantly, signaling the second experience I had.

I remember walking out of a bus, over looking a structure which resembled my school if it had only 1 floor. I walked down the sidewalk leading from the corner of the school to the front. I was at the midpoint of my destination when I heard 4 quickly sequenced poundings revert through the ground and displaced my walking motion. The instant I inferred what it might have been, the more is adapted its self to being exactly what I thought it was, gun shots. I looked to see nearly hundreds of the generic faces I see through out the day. Distorted faces in horror only became clear when they had focused there attention to me, though this time it was less tolerant. I ran instantly, crossing the street and hearing the pounding of what sounded like a car hood being beaten, followed by the screaming of voices which seemed foreign to me. I saw a familiar face hide in a cluster of dumpsters in a parking lot. The neighborhood was unfamiliar to me so I did the same. The person seemed to have disappeared when I crouched down and peered the cluster. When I stood up, I was in a white abbeys that only had me and the two dumpsters I had peered through. The horizon showed no attempt to differentiate its self from the sky. They blended in a perfect harmony. The sky resembling a light brownish-purple. The ground being pure white. Shadows displaced the ground in a dark blue tint. The horizon rapidly came closer around me, shooting the white ground upwards into a darkened nothingness. I focused my attention to logic once again, this time using all my brain power. I saw the silhouette of the person from the theme park displace my view in a black fuzz. I yelled the word "Lucid" at the sight of it after I began to remember the concept behind a "Lucid Dream." I woke up. It was 3:20 am. It took me looking around at my room for my mind to compile fully what had just happened.

SnaFuBAR
April 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
So basically I am on this train going to Seattle but it's an underground high speed train. I pull into capitol hill and get off the train and I'm all "wtf it's a dinoaur preserve". Then two brontosaurs come SMASHING through the capitol building and are like "REVOOOOOLLLLT!!!" and I'm like "NO!" and I turn into a giant and I body-check them! Then they were all "Dude sorry! D:" and a T-Rex is like, "fuck you, I'm gonna eat you!" He's wearing a tophat and monocle and his hands are a fork and steak knife and he's wearing a tuxedo print bib. I respond with "No, fuck YOU!" and I grab him by the tail and swing him around and throw him over the moon. So after that I'm looking around and everyone is duck-and-covering, and I reach for a book on a table and this old white lady is all, "give me the book" and I refuse and tell her I have to give the book to my little brother in the past who is in 6th grade. She's all "give me the book" all monotone and I'm really creeped out and when I hand it to her it turns into a saxophone and she's playin this smooth jazz. Everyone comes out and turns into like a fucking jazz parade and it's like new orleans/seattle/dinosaur preserve/greek architecture. I look back to my side and AD is in a wedding dress and she smiles and the dream ends there.

I woke up and totally WTF'd. Seriously what the hell was the context of that dream??

Donut
April 21st, 2010, 12:21 AM
i very rarely remember my dreams, but i often find myself stuck in deep daydreams, if that makes sense. as in ill lose focus of whatever i was working on and get stuck in some vivid thought before i abruptly come back to reality and realize i just missed 10 minute of whatever was going on.

does that happen to anyone else?

SnaFuBAR
April 21st, 2010, 12:31 AM
That's called fantasizing.

paladin
April 21st, 2010, 01:13 AM
I had a dream my dad gave me a speeding ticket...

mech
April 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you had an interesting 4/20 snaf.

Inferno
April 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
i very rarely remember my dreams, but i often find myself stuck in deep daydreams, if that makes sense. as in ill lose focus of whatever i was working on and get stuck in some vivid thought before i abruptly come back to reality and realize i just missed 10 minute of whatever was going on.

does that happen to anyone else?

Yeah. Really.

Cojafoji
April 21st, 2010, 02:23 PM
I know that this isn't exactly what the topic is calling for, but have any of you ever had dreams in relation to the holders series (http://theholders.org/)? That shit bends my mind all the time in dreams.

teh lag
July 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
I dreamed that it was winter and there was about 1 foot of snow on the ground. Because of this, one of my friends' family was living at my house. To accommodate them, we replaced all of our furniture with tables that had crackers on them. However, after one day all of our cheese had been reduced to a single bar (?) which was about to fall over (?) and our neighbors were also coming over.

A man walked into my room to alert me of the situation, who looked exactly like my friend's brother except he had a mustache. I then went over to my friend and said "I didn't know your brother had a brother!" To this he replied, "yeah, he's kindof the family 'secret', if you know what I mean", as if he was implying something else. His brother's brother and I walked outside to our car so we could go and get more cheese, but for some reason we went out the back of my house, where a somewhat-old man with a long gray beard was waiting for me.

Immediately I realized that it was my friend's uncle, who was wanted by the police, so I started running inside to tell everyone, but he jumped into the air and stopped me. He said "come on, I need you to help me!", and then took me inside my house anyway. My house had then somehow changed and all of the furniture was different, as well as the windows which now had strange brown drapes over them. The man then began telling me how we would escape from prison. My neighbor then walked in and the man made everyone leave our house so my neighbor wouldn't notice that he was there. (?)

He then went outside with everyone and started talking in a very dirty voice with a dirty grin on his face. He asked, "so, does anyone want to let me borrow their car? I need to go somewhere." Nobody did because he was wanted as a car thief. Then he went to me and said "hey, then can you drive me home, in my car?" Suddenly a beat-up boxy car was in our driveway, which was his car. I understood that by that request he was trying to kidnap the person who would drive him. I decided that the only safe option was for me to run away from my house, so I did at an unrealistically high speed.

By this time, the snow had vanished and it was mid-day on a normal summer afternoon. As I was running I spotted a taxi, so I ran up to it and asked to get in. The driver said "okay, but I need to make some pit stops." I then realized he was talking about the newly-installed free food puts that were placed along roadways all across the country. I looked out the window and there was this large swimming-pool shaped hole in the ground lined with red plastic. Inside were cube, sphere and pyramid-shaped chunks of food in this really liquid-y cheese sauce. I asked the driver, "so how come the food doesn't spoil?" He answered, "it's all organic and free." I then looked out again and there were all these people in biking suits (?) gathering food from the fruit-and-vegetable section of another pit. We then passed another which the driver said was "regenerating". There was a large metal gantry above it moving an equally large mixing device through the pit, breaking up an odd red-colored thick film of cheese that had been building up. The taxi driver then got on a walkie-talkie and said "hey, I think I'm going to be late, they're out of rice." I looked out yet again and caught a glimpse of a coffin inside a pit, which I remembered was how rice was dispensed. I briefly thought of why rice was there and realized it was because it covered up the taste of the food and cheese. The driver stopped at the next pit and went to the rice coffin. I then woke up.

ExAm
July 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
I played bass for Rice Coffin.

Botolf
July 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Don't you wish you could interpret weird dreams? I had one yesterday. Basically, the premise of this dream was that I was packing and making preparations to go on a trip to Los Angeles with a friend (never been to the city or the state). So while I'm grabbing clothes and stuffing them into bags and shit, some random kid walks into the room and says in a rather direct tone, "are you gay?" The question really caught me off guard, it was like my tongue was tied in a knot and I didn't know how to answer appropriately. I was just frozen. An awkward silence followed and I woke up. Maybe it was something odd I ate, I dunno (or maybe it's a particular social fear manifesting D: ).

ICEE
July 2nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Granted I hardly know you, but if you're not as open IRL about it as you are on the internets then it could represent a fear of being exposed. Or if you are open about it, it could be a manifestation of the obvious unpleasantness of being objectified or targeted for it.

I like to think that dreams are full of metaphor and allegory. Think not about what is literally happening in the dream, but what each event means and how it effected you.

Botolf
July 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Granted I hardly know you, but if you're not as open IRL about it as you are on the internets then it could represent a fear of being exposed. Or if you are open about it, it could be a manifestation of the obvious unpleasantness of being objectified or targeted for it.

I like to think that dreams are full of metaphor and allegory. Think not about what is literally happening in the dream, but what each event means and how it effected you.
Yeah, I basically came to the same conclusion after thinking about it (including the emphasis on how the dream left me feeling, as opposed to the rough sequence of events of aforementioned dream). You guess accurately about my (lack of) openness in RL, I currently live with Christian fundamentalists and a revelation of this kind would be devastating to the established status quo. Like in the dream, I'd probably be tongue-tied in such an unprepared-for moment.

Higuy
July 3rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
oo, I've been having a recurring dream lately:

Basically, I'm sitting at a half pipe with a skate board, and its in the middle of a forest near my grandma's (It's like, off to the side of a road where she lives..)
I get on the board, go down, and then shoot up the entire other side, sending me flying. I feel as if im falling, but I always end up landing in a totally different neighborhood with another half pipe, doing the same exact thing. A couple of times, I've fallen off my bed... lol. Whats even more weird is that I haven't done any real skateboarding in like 6 years from when I was a little kid.