PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Heroic map pack anounced.

hobojoe
November 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Well the time has finally come. Bungie has announced 3 new maps.
Standoff, Rat's nest and Foundry. All will be downloadable on december 11th For 800 MS points.

Read more here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/news/20071119-heroicmappack.htm

Here are some screenshots:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49996

Huero
November 19th, 2007, 12:18 PM
oh fuck yes
I love Bungie; and now I need Foundry.

FRain
November 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
:iia:

PlasbianX
November 19th, 2007, 02:14 PM
$10 for a freaking 3 map map pack? Bleh.

Atleast we know another map pack is in the spring.. which means near my birthday :awesome:

Atty
November 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_DLC_RatsNest.jpg
The vast, labyrinthine passages of the Rat's Nest bring something completely new to the multiplayer experience: an indoor vehicle paradise. Strongly influenced by the Campaign mode, this map is ideal for big team battles.

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_DLC_Foundry.jpg
Foundry is the ultimate Forge map. Players can edit every single object in this voluminous industrial warehouse, placing stairways, walls, bridges, and tunnels to create an entirely new play space and build almost any kind of map imaginable.

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo3/Screenshots/H3_DLC_Standoff.jpg
The symmetrical valley of Standoff, with its entrenched bases and fields of boulders is ideal for mid-sized objective and Slayer game types.

1920x1080 Res screen shots and details.

PlasbianX
November 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
The 3rd shot by far, looks fucking epic.

Siliconmaster
November 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Zomg, beautiful epic :awesome:

FireDragon04
November 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM
HOLY........
Standoff looks amazing, not so sure about the other 2, but wow.

flibitijibibo
November 19th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Need moar gigantic maps. Having these 3 ft^3 maps is starting to give me cancer.

Ki11a_FTW
November 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
the first pic and last pic are vehicle maps. hopefully gigantic

Pooky
November 19th, 2007, 03:53 PM
So still no arena maps? Not exciting then

supersniper
November 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Lol I think I will wait until the map pack becomes a free download it happened to the blastacular map pack for Halo 2. Desolation and Tombstone if you don't know the 2 maps.

Dal
November 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe for only $4; I don't sit pretty with spending another 17% on a game I already own for content that in all honesty should be free.

Terry
November 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Foundry sounds exciting. Hopefully, if the game allows it, I'll try rebuilding Hang Em High and chillout.

Elite Killa
November 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
How are you exactly going to rebuild chillout, now?

* = star

I can't wait for Standoff. *****/*****

Rat's Nest didn't show much, just the exterior, so my rating for that is still pending.

Foundry looks a bit boring, but seems to be an excellent Forge map. ****/*****

Terry
November 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ever heard of forge? Yeah...
They even said they'd add in stairs and that all objects are editable, surely a chillout look-alike wouldn't be too hard.

CB: All the things you’ll need to make a great multiplayer playground. Man-sized crates, walls, fences, stairs, bridges, and of course fusion coils.

CB: Foundry was designed from the beginning to be a Forge level. There is an almost limitless amount of potential map designs that can be made by arranging objects in different configurations.

You can remake Hang ‘Em High out of crates. Kind of.

SC: The second you see someone delete the entire level in Forge, you realize the potential a space like this has. The default layout Tyson put together is great, but the possibilities are definitely greater.

TeeKup
November 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I hope this comes out in stores. I won't be getting live anytime soon.

JDMFSeanP
November 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Considering thats its on DLC, it won't be in stores. 98% sure.

Xetsuei
November 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Need moar gigantic maps. Having these 3 ft^3 maps is starting to give me cancer.

the first pic and last pic are vehicle maps. hopefully gigantic

Gigantic maps suck ass. Small maps for the win.

dydo
November 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
omg, foundery is looks awesome. Lets make CE maps.

PlasbianX
November 19th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I hope this comes out in stores. I won't be getting live anytime soon.

You can download with silver cant you?

TeeKup
November 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I don't have live in any shape or form, plasbian.

PlasbianX
November 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Get a modem and or router?

TeeKup
November 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I don't have any money?

Don't say get a job, in the process of doing that.

Con
November 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Standoff is epic hawt

ICEE
November 19th, 2007, 06:14 PM
the third screenshot on page 1 makes me want to run around on a satellite dish

Botolf
November 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
WANT STANDOFF BADLY

*crai*

paladin
November 19th, 2007, 08:53 PM
those dishes in the background just look hot. i want one in my backyard!

DaneO'Roo
November 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
That dish level reminds me of outback Australia.

7 points to whoever can tell me why.

thehoodedsmack
November 19th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Because it's all deserty and sand-duney?

ICEE
November 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM

because you live in Australia and, and it kind of matches the terrain?

DaneO'Roo
November 19th, 2007, 09:39 PM
No, because theres only 1 place in the world that has that many huge dishes in the one place. As far as I'm aware.

It's in outback Australia, the whole site was used in the Apollo mission/s.

thehoodedsmack
November 19th, 2007, 09:40 PM
That place they featured in Contact? Was that even a real place? Regardless, there were a lot of dishes.

DaneO'Roo
November 19th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Yes lol, it's a real place.

thehoodedsmack
November 19th, 2007, 09:42 PM
So I win?

DaneO'Roo
November 19th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I guess so :(

Why is america not no anythign about Australia but everyone else has to learn about america >:U

thehoodedsmack
November 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
They're important? I know you have kangaroos, Ross's, and a big ol' operah theatre. That's about it. Oh, and desert. Lots of desert. And dishes apparantly.

DaneO'Roo
November 19th, 2007, 10:07 PM
No, we have about 8 of the worlds top 10 deadliest snakes, including the deadliest one. We used to have meat eating kangaroos as big as T Rex but they got lol extinct from desert and lack of food and getting speared. We have the oldest civilisation in the world and theres more.

ICEE
November 19th, 2007, 10:54 PM

Why is america not no anythign about Australia but everyone else has to learn about america >:U

cause your waaaaaay down there and we're waaaaaaay up here.

Atty
November 20th, 2007, 01:40 AM
We have the oldest civilisation in the world and theres more.Pardon my history but doesn't Africa have the oldest civilization? Pretty sure it does.

Also, Australia isn't one giant prison? http://forums.anandtech.com/i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Masterz1337
November 20th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Standoff is from the live action shorts.

dazman23
November 20th, 2007, 10:49 AM

I never learned anything about America while I was in school but i did learn about Australia having some of the most deadly snakes and spiders in the world.

Pardon my history but doesn't Africa have the oldest civilization? Pretty sure it does.

Also, Australia isn't one giant prison? http://forums.anandtech.com/i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

It was a penal colony when the British Empire was still around.

I don't really like Forge but I am looking forward to messing around on Foundry.

Pooky
November 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM

That's a racist generalisation :(

I know a decent amount about Australia, and besides the United States (you know, the proper name for what all foreigners call 'America') basically owns the world anyway >:U

ICEE
November 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
That's a racist generalisation :(

I know a decent amount about Australia, and besides the United States (you know, the proper name for what all foreigners call 'America') basically owns the world anyway >:U

"American" isnt really a race

JDMFSeanP
November 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Australia has done near nothing to affect the world, the US just makes problems and then goes to war to fix them, we are the media whore of all countries.

Hotrod
November 20th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Right... that doesn't matter right now, you can't do anything about it.

Anyways, I can't wait to get the map pack, I'm really exited about changing Foundry into different maps, I've already planned some out... Also, I have a question about the map pack. You see, my brother and I both have our own Xbox LIVE profiles, and I'm wondering if we both have to download the maps individualy (once for each profile) to be able to use them when we play alone, or if only one of us has to download them.

paladin
November 21st, 2007, 12:09 AM

it reminds me of Dantooine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantooine) from Knights of the Old Republic. <-one of the best RPG's. Caint wait to get my hands on Mass Effect!

1337_Byte
November 22nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Wow those look like very good maps.

Jay2645
November 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
it reminds me of Dantooine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantooine) from Knights of the Old Republic. <-one of the best RPG's. Caint wait to get my hands on Mass Effect!
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Don't use Wikipedia for Star Wars stuff.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dantooine
Wookiepedia is far more detailed.

But yeah, Jordell Bank... Err, Standoff, looks like it could be the new Blood Gulch. Even looks like Blood Gulch, if the BG bases were human and there was giant satellite dishes in the background.
Plus Bungie says it plays like Blood Gulch, more so then even Coag.

I have some kick-ass ideas for Foundry, as well.

Rat's Nest looks like it would be fun, too. Always wanted to drive a tank indoors.

Terry
November 24th, 2007, 07:20 AM
One thing I just realised from watching some videos (excuse me for not having the game yet as my 360 is dead and I know no one with it), that crates still move after some substantial disturbance. Wouldn't it be unsafe to build a map out of it, or is there some sort of option to keep them in place?

Hotrod
November 24th, 2007, 09:24 AM
One thing I just realised from watching some videos (excuse me for not having the game yet as my 360 is dead and I know no one with it), that crates still move after some substantial disturbance. Wouldn't it be unsafe to build a map out of it, or is there some sort of option to keep them in place?

No, there's no options to make crates not move, but as far as I can see, the crates in foundry are those huge ones that can't e moved. Maybe they made special crates just for Foundry. I guess we'll see when the maps come out.

Huero
November 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM
The crates in foundry are floor. <_<

Hotrod
November 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
The crates in foundry are floor. <_<

Do you mean they are part of the map? If so, you are wrong, you can delete them and move them around. You can delete almost anything in the map.

paladin
November 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Don't use Wikipedia for Star Wars stuff.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dantooine
Wookiepedia is far more detailed.

Never knew the site existed. I know now master Jedi.

Huero
November 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'm saying that the crates in Foundry make up a large deal of the level, Hotrod, and that yes, of course they're using special, unmovable crates. Wouldn't make sense if they didn't. And if those "huge" ones you're talking about are the ones you can find in multiplayer maps, you can melee those and they'll move :V
Oh, I now see that you're talking about the ones in the screenshots.
Well, those are obviously stationary. <_<