January 20th, 2007, 07:05 PM
what do u guys think?
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/38/uziquickrender4ov.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8905/uzitoprender8zq.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2246/frontrender6ou.jpg
P.S. I already know about the UV errors

Katarn
January 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM
nonplanar faces. I would've mentioned uv errors but.....what the hell are you talking about, it's not uv'd.

LinkandKvel
January 20th, 2007, 10:06 PM
yea but u see the two different colored faces. I was talking about that actually

Btd69
January 20th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Not even I have a clue what you're refferring to..

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 20th, 2007, 10:15 PM
yea but u see the two different colored faces. I was talking about that actuallyWhat.

RaVNzCRoFT
January 20th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Uhm...what? :D

Let's make this easy to understand. That plane stretches in three dimensions. Bad. :)

rossmum
January 20th, 2007, 11:23 PM
yea but u see the two different colored faces. I was talking about that actually
:rolleyes:

That's got nothing to do with UVs. It's a nonplanar face.

How the fuck can you have UV errors on a model that hasn't been mapped?

Meh, at least it looks less like an over-chamfered box now...

Katarn
January 21st, 2007, 01:28 AM
wow rossum. Way to just repeat my post in more words :p

SnaFuBAR
January 21st, 2007, 01:38 AM
more details now, but still too innaccurate.

Btd69
January 21st, 2007, 02:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Btd69/omigoshneardone.jpg

That's a UVW map, just cause i'm turning into a showoff like 'tarny

rossmum
January 21st, 2007, 03:15 AM
wow rossum. Way to just repeat my post in more words :p
Apparently he didn't get the gist of your post, so I added more words and reposted. *shrug*

more details now, but still too innaccurate.
Agreed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Btd69/omigoshneardone.jpg

That's a UVW map, just cause i'm turning into a showoff like 'tarny
WINWINWINWINWINWIN

LinkandKvel
January 21st, 2007, 01:21 PM
well i meant smoothing error. didn't know it'll cause much chaos 0.o
EDIT: wow im confused. what were we talking about again? PLZ tell me where it's inaccurate besides the highly undetailed handle

RaVNzCRoFT
January 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
It's not even a smoothing error. It's called a non-planar face. It's a plane that stretches in three dimensions, which is not possible. In other words, it's a geometric nightmare.

It's not bad, but there is still a lot of small detail missing. For example, there is no magazine release.

LinkandKvel
January 21st, 2007, 02:50 PM
aaahhhh. thanx for pointing that out. (wow i'm slow) is that why it's inaccurate because of many small details like that?

RaVNzCRoFT
January 21st, 2007, 02:54 PM
You pretty much just need more reference images. Try www.modelguns.co.uk.

Or you can try Wikipedia. Just type in the gun name and scroll down to External Links. You can find a lot of good references for individual parts of the gun.

LinkandKvel
January 21st, 2007, 03:05 PM
I dont see any 4 mini SMG's though :(

rossmum
January 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
It's not that hard to find refs of... look on Google, and don't say you can't find any because if you use the right keywords, you should be able to get plenty.

Varmint260
January 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw this gun was "Awww, ain't that a CUTE uzi?" I don't mean to sound offensive at all, but that's the first thing I thought. It actually looks very nice, but as previously mentioned, needs more detail in the places previously mentioned.

rossmum
January 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'm going to have to repost my 3D critiquing thread again, aren't I...

Btd69
January 21st, 2007, 11:54 PM
i AM the 3D critiquing thread, tbh.
I call for lock.

mR_r0b0to
January 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
tbh, tbh.

:p kool modles yall

LinkandKvel
January 23rd, 2007, 06:35 AM
ummmmmmmm. Which bolt system should I use? The original boring one or mixed using the Mac 11's bolt?
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5590/uzipistolrender7nz.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2015/sightsrender4su.jpg

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
The one you'd most likely see on that gun in real life.

Looking much better than the messy crapheap you posted on GBX, see what crit does? Makes you improve. :)

LinkandKvel
January 23rd, 2007, 02:45 PM
The one you'd most likely see on that gun in real life.

Looking much better than the messy crapheap you posted on GBX, see what crit does? Makes you improve. :)
And I've never shot down a single crit personally (except snaf's :p) as a matter of fact i'd like to send a personal apology to snaf 4 all the arguments that we had. I realized that he was helping me loads and and helping me reach my full potential. I'd also like to thank you rossmum and evry1 else who's helped me improve. You were right! lol. I was using the wrong keywords on Google Images.

EDIT: 0.o WOW!
I went from this!
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9231/rightview2fq5.jpg

To this!
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5590/uzipistolrender7nz.jpg

Crit REALLY does help all u "I cant take crit well" people.

Neuro Guro
January 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cool , sure does look like a uzi pistol , or a mac 11. Needs more skin though of course.

SgtBotley
January 24th, 2007, 10:16 AM
lol i cant take crit, coz i suck

rossmum
January 24th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Learn to and you won't. :p

LinkandKvel
March 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Real life has caught up onto me, AND i'm also lazy :p so i'm gonna leave that bolt system for now. One thing I cant seem to get is the chamber. I can't find good refs for it. I'm gonna finish this soon though. Tags will be on halomaps. Just give credit.

Skyline
March 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM
What's the poly count? I don't think you posted that.

LinkandKvel
March 30th, 2007, 04:13 PM
ummm a little over 1000 i think. Around there.

EDIT: Also rep me if you like it too.

LinkandKvel
March 31st, 2007, 12:52 PM
Here's a few more renders:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3305/renderdarkew2.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2298/renderfloorjk5.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/342/renderlightxi9.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6765/renderwallfq6.jpg
lol! Look at those plain box clips.

Leiukemia
March 31st, 2007, 05:40 PM
It's still inaccurate, and modelled rather boringly. Post more renders when it's done.

LinkandKvel
March 31st, 2007, 08:11 PM
This may be be the last update honestly. I can't hang onto finishing this gun. I need to move on for now and MAYBE finish this later but as of right now I will skin it, tag it, and release it for anyone interested.

LinkandKvel
June 4th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Well...Since I've learned plane modeling and techniques, I re-did my Uzi from scratch. Here's the result:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3946/clearviewqn0.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/411/tableviewri3.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5967/topviewjb4.jpg

Sorry for the blinding white render.

Reaper Man
June 4th, 2007, 05:56 AM
MUCH BETTER.

LlamaMaster
June 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'd +rep you 5 times if I could. :)

Edit: It wont let me +rep you! :(

LinkandKvel
June 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'd +rep you 5 times if I could. :)

Edit: It wont let me +rep you! :(

OH NOES! We gotta finds more people for you to rep so it could come backs to meh! :(

TeeKup
June 7th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Wow. MUCH Better. Are you going to put it in Halo CE?

LinkandKvel
June 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yep.

LinkandKvel
July 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
So I'm having a problem with my weapon not showing up ingame in FP.
my walther showed in FP, until I put in my uzi. Now neither show up. Any help please?

LinkandKvel
July 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
*bump*

Here's a pic of the clip I made a few weeks ago. Took me 20 minutes. I tagged for somebody to put in their map so I had to make it quick. I know it's inaccurate so I'm expecting a snaf "Don't be lazy" comment. Also In the 2nd pic I redid the sights a little. Tell me what you guys think. Reps plz.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8015/magazinefr7.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7964/sights2wp9.jpg

Btd69
July 6th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Don't be lazy ..

LinkandKvel
October 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Anyways I've got some animations but I didn't rig properly. I'd like to show you guys the anims even thought there quite old (by alot) but one problem, How do you render anims, and what do you save it as?

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Super bump...................sooooooooo i decided to restart trying to put weapons in CE since college is approaching and this being what I want to study (game art & design) so the question below still remains.

So I'm having a problem with my weapon not showing up ingame in FP.
my walther showed in FP, until I put in my uzi. Now neither show up. Any help please?

BobtheGreatII
May 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Super bump...................sooooooooo i decided to restart trying to put weapons in CE since college is approaching and this being what I want to study (game art & design) so the question below still remains.

I can't remember... I think it was the animations not being correct. Could have been the shaders too, I don't remember right, I just know I had the same problem a while ago.

PenGuin1362
May 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Try unreal instead...will help better in the long run >_>

Sel
May 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
The animations file have different node structures than the model, they must both have the exact same nodes.

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
yea I dont really care about the animations anymore. I just wanna know what about the models not appearing in FP

BobtheGreatII
May 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
yea I dont really care about the animations anymore. I just wanna know what about the models not appearing in FP

The animations are why the gun isn't showing up.

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2009, 07:50 PM

no because i applied the pistol animations to it and that error had disappeared.

Sel
May 5th, 2009, 09:17 PM
God you are so fucking stupid. I just explained to you what causes your gun not to show up in FP, and now you're going on about what?

Advancebo
May 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Link the whole gun to "frame gun" and nothing else.
Make sure the gbxmodel and animations tag have the same "Node List Checksum" (GBXmodel is at the top, and animations at the bottom, copy from animations into gbxmodel)

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
God you are so fucking stupid. I just explained to you what causes your gun not to show up in FP, and now you're going on about what?
okay yea because u know that i double checked and all and your calling me stupid because I'm trying to fix something asking nicely and u just came out of no where being rude. Get the sand out of your vagina THEN talk to me.

Link the whole gun to "frame gun" and nothing else.
Make sure the gbxmodel and animations tag have the same "Node List Checksum" (GBXmodel is at the top, and animations at the bottom, copy from animations into gbxmodel)I did. Double check maybe? But why would errors with this particular model cause BOTH guns to show up with no FP? Pistol anims corrupted maybe? I dunno.

Donut
May 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
no because i applied the pistol animations to it and that error had disappeared.
what are you talking about? if you put a different set of anims on your gun, a set that you know works correctly, and it fixes the problem of not seeing the gun, then the issue IS animations.

LinkandKvel
May 5th, 2009, 11:55 PM
No. Let me explain better. I put in custom animations, could not see FP of neither. Adjusted the uzi to work with the pistol anims and the errors
about the nodes and models not matching up had dissapeared, however I STILL cannot see the FP of NEITHER custom weapons. What does an error on THIS model have to do with the other not showing up? They both are using the default pistol anim, so could it be a corrupted tag?

BobtheGreatII
May 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
No. Let me explain better. I put in custom animations, could not see FP of neither. Adjusted the uzi to work with the pistol anims and the errors had dissapeared, however I STILL cannot see the FP of NEITHER custom weapons. What does an error on THIS model have to do with the other not showing up? They both are using the default pistol anim, so could it be a corrupted tag?

So you minus rep me for something everyone else is saying? :golfclap:

wow dont ask for advice lol get the hell outta here dude i JUST fucking said once I applied different animations the error had dissapeared what more is there to understand???

Well first off, you clearly need to learn how to speak proper English. You're no one to give advice on how to comprehend something if you can't even do it yourself. Secondly, you didn't state that it fixed your error until you were commenting on my comment, but we're not talking about the same problem I don't believe, I was talking as to why your model wasn't shwoing up, and I believe you were talking about an animation error you may have come across with the nodes. So there was nothing to understand.

Then:

And Then:

Am I being incredibly dense here? You're still stating that you haven't fixed your problem... yet when I'm trying to help, you act like a child. Your lack of any proper English makes it difficult to pick out the details you're actually trying to get across.

And lastly, why minus rep me? To get revenge? I don't deserve it, I did nothing wrong. Don't act so immature.

Also:

Comprehension skills. u need em. plus the fact u dont even properly remember WHY so dont tell me about advice. blind tries to lead the blind.:eyesroll: Thank you for proving my point. english skills. u need em

Sel
May 6th, 2009, 07:26 AM
:eyesroll: Thank you for proving my point. english skills. u need em

Yeah really, if it's any consolation though just think how far he'll get in the industry (if he ever gets in) with an attitude like this :allears:

LinkandKvel
May 6th, 2009, 07:28 AM
So you minus rep me for something everyone else is saying? :golfclap:

I stated from the fucking beginning NEITHER of my models were showing up. Why would an anim from one model effect the other model?

Well first off, you clearly need to learn how to speak proper English. You're no one to give advice on how to comprehend something if you can't even do it yourself. Secondly, you didn't state that it fixed your error until you were commenting on my comment, but we're not talking about the same problem I don't believe, I was talking as to why your model wasn't shwoing up, and I believe you were talking about an animation error you may have come across with the nodes. So there was nothing to understand.

Your no one to tell me take advice and YOU don't even know what your talking about

I can't remember... I think it was the animations not being correct. Could have been the shaders too, I don't remember right, I just know I had the same problem a while ago.

Am I being incredibly dense here? You're still stating that you haven't fixed your problem... yet when I'm trying to help, you act like a child. Your lack of any proper English makes it difficult to pick out the details you're actually trying to get across.

I'm acting like a child when i'm trying to tell you guys what i'm talking about? Don't jump to fucking conclusions, negative repping me without giving me a better chance to explain.

And lastly, why minus rep me? To get revenge? I don't deserve it, I did nothing wrong. Don't act so immature.

I'm immature? I neg rep'd you because you didn't understand what I was talking about but didn't give me a chance to explain my problem. If I didn't want advice I wouldn't have made this thread now would I? I mean since you know EVERYTHING or at least your making yourself out to.
Also:
:eyesroll: Thank you for proving my point. english skills. u need emComprehension skills. u still need em.

Nice attempt at coming here trying to start a debate by posting a PM message. If your just gonna try to start debate GTFO and take it to PMs.

Sel
May 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Ok bob guess we're all just dumb because I didn't understand his posts either :ohdear:

LinkandKvel
May 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry I'm missing the part where I blantantly called you dumb.

BobtheGreatII
May 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Ok bob guess we're all just dumb because I didn't understand his posts either :ohdear:

:ohdear:

Comprehension skills. u still need em.

Nice attempt at coming here trying to start a debate by posting a PM message. If your just gonna try to start debate GTFO and take it to PMs.

Why? Do you not want everyone to see what a douche bag you are?

You haven't won, just give up. Stop trying to pick fights around the forum, it's annoying. If anything you're the one who could GTFO and no one would miss you.

Thanks for cleaning up your english though. Good job. :mech2:

Edit: Ha ha, thanks for all the +rep guys.

LinkandKvel
May 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I've said what I've had to say. No further. Now back to the original explanation.

No. Let me explain better. I put in custom animations, could not see FP of neither. Adjusted the uzi to work with the pistol anims and the errors
about the nodes and the models not matching up had dissapeared, however I STILL cannot see the FP of NEITHER custom weapons. What does an error on THIS model have to do with the other not showing up? They both are using the default pistol anim, so could it be a corrupted tag?maybe? please?

ThePlague
May 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Is everything linked correctly? Do you have the right animations set on the Uzi? Do you have at least one material applied to the model?

teh lag
May 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Tell me the following :

-What exactly is (or was) the "nodes do not match" error? I want a direct c+p from tool.
-What is the hierarchy of the nodes of your FP model on export? A max printscreen would be nice.
-What is the hierarchy of the nodes of your TP model on export? Same as above.
-Does your weapon reference an animation tag for third person? If so, which?

Specific to the pistol animation set, have you tried extracting the fp.model_animations with HEK+?