PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

junky258
January 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
When i played the fragment beta there were 2 different master chiefs you could spawn as (I think they were the h1 one and the HCE one). So, would it be possible for someone make it so that you could randomly spawn as an elite also on a map? This is just something i was wondering about.

Varmint260
January 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the hitbox (the thing your bullets impact on that does damage) has to be the same one, and the elite is shorter than the Chief, so you could conceivably miss the elite but your bullet could impact on the hitbox anyways...

In any case, it would be a mess.

junky258
January 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I see. But you know how if an Elite dosnt see you in campaign mode how they stand up straight? Could they use a model like that, butjust for all the time?

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
You can't have an Elite/MC. The only reason why it works now with MC permutations (The different Chiefs) is because they have the same bone structure. You could technically make an Elite be a perm but it would look weird with the MC bones and animations wouldn't work right.

Hope that clears things up.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
or you could also change the hitbox to match the new specs:D

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
To my knowledge, hitboxes don't make a difference when it comes to permutations.

Varmint260
January 20th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks for your answer Wraith. I guess I really DON'T know what I'm talking about ^_^

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
You can't have an Elite/MC. The only reason why it works now with MC permutations (The different Chiefs) is because they have the same bone structure. You could technically make an Elite be a perm but it would look weird with the MC bones and animations wouldn't work right.

Hope that clears things up.
no, you can have elites as red and MC as blue, or visaversa, and then change the bone structure for the elite team

junky258
January 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I have no ideadwhat you said in your first post wraith, none. Say it in non-having to be smart ishness. Please.

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
no, you can have elites as red and MC as blue, or visaversa, and then change the bone structure for the elite team No you can't. You can only have one Biped in MP. It's hardcoded.

What CMT uses currently for their bipeds is permutations. An Elite and MC have different Biped bone structures, so permutations won't work between them.

Varmint260
January 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
What he means is the Spartans and the Elites HAVE to have the same animations but the Elite is a completely different-looking biped so the animations would be totally messed up (like running and holding guns and stuff).

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:15 PM
No you can't. You can only have one Biped in MP. It's hardcoded.
this is true but you can get very complicated and recode it in a way like i did with my MC/Grunt map

junky258
January 20th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Oh. That makes sense. Well if anyone finds a way to do something like that, and puts it in a map, tell me. It would be fun to shoot elites AND spartans at the same time.

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:16 PM
this is true but you can get very complicated and recode it in a way like i did with my MC/Grunt map
You can't recode anything that's hardcoded. If we could then we would have implemented dual wielding, vehicle jacking and the like a long time ago.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You can't recode anything that's hardcoded.
yes you can but it is very complicated and requires a special program

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
yes you can but it is very complicated and requires a special program You must be a genius then. Proof of your claim?

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:21 PM
You must be a genius then. Proof of your claim?
i think i posted a "how to" at halomaps.org

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:21 PM
i think i posted a "how to" at halomaps.org Link please.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Link please.
http://hce.halomaps.org/

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/ Wow...I think I know what the URL for Halomaps is. I'm talking about your tutorial on how to recode Halo's hardcoded parts.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wow...I think I know what the URL for Halomaps is. I'm talking about your tutorial on how to recode Halo's hardcoded parts.
you don't recode halo in it self all you do is change the map

try using HaloMapTools, thats what i think i used

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
you don't recode halo in it self all you do is change the map

try using HaloMapTools, thats what i think i used Wth are you talking about, HMT is for Halo PC modding. All it's good for pretty much, is meta swapping and the like.

Oh and your exact words were this:

yes you can but it is very complicated and requires a special program

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Wth are you talking about, HMT is for Halo PC modding. All it's good for pretty much, is meta swapping and the like.
only if your not using it to it's fullest

Varmint260
January 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Wraith, just ignore him, he's avoiding sending you the link because it doesn't exist. He's just pulling your leg for fun.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Wth are you talking about, HMT is for Halo PC modding. All it's good for pretty much, is meta swapping and the like.

Oh and your exact words were this:
yes that was what i thought untill i remberd about the halomaptools

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Wraith, just ignore him, he's avoiding sending you the link because it doesn't exist. He's just pulling your leg for fun. I know it doesn't exist. It's fun reading him try though.

HMT cannot allow Halo to use two DIFFERENT bipeds in MP. Sorry.

Pyro13092
January 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1262

The_Wraith
January 20th, 2007, 09:38 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1262

You just gave me a link to Jahrain's biped tutorial. All it contains is how to rig and place bipeds into Halo. GJ. :rolleyes:

Dole
January 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
What a noob.
If Pyro ever actually learns how to recode the game, I hope he realizes it's illegal (it is noted in pretty much the first paragraph of Halo's EULA).