PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Harbinger - Halo CE to PC converter

DECOY
November 26th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Harbinger by Altimit01

converts CE maps tags o PC maps tags and rebuilds the cache.

http://halopc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2392

theres a bunch of topics and converted maps over on Halomods

Saggy
November 26th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I honestly don't see a point in using this. Why would you want to REPLACE original maps for custom maps few people are going to have on Halo PC, when you can just ADD new ones into Halo Custom Edition? Doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me. Especially since Halo CE is something anyone can get.

Tweek
November 26th, 2007, 10:23 AM
because some faggots don't actually own the game.
even though you can pick it up for 5 euros in any stores grab-what-u-want-bin

Ki11a_FTW
November 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
i like it :) I used to mod halo pc for 2 years, i can release my ce map in PC and CE format.

DECOY
November 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I've been able to convert maps for quite a while without the app. What makes this one interesting is the ability to rebuild multi-BSP campaign maps replacing them with linked CE maps.....

Another cool little app just out allows full extraction of sp map scripts.

Timo
November 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Nice job man, imported the Delta Halo UI perfectly, except for a few bitmaps! Although it did take 20 minutes :d

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07481/Image_000036.jpg
http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07481/Image_000039.jpg

Love De Lux
November 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images2/151904705620071126203059.png

Does not work with french halo.

Nice app, I guess.

Choking Victim
November 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've been able to convert maps for quite a while without the app. What makes this one interesting is the ability to rebuild multi-BSP campaign maps replacing them with linked CE maps.....

Another cool little app just out allows full extraction of sp map scripts.
But it doesn't too well.

Pooky
November 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Nice job man, imported the Delta Halo UI perfectly, except for a few bitmaps! Although it did take 20 minutes :d

I can has D:

n00b1n8R
November 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I can has D:
^

Terry
November 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM

I'd actually find use for just that. Better UI's for PC would be nice.

supersniper
November 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I wish I had that ui to bad it is private only. Also what's wrong with that old retro classic PC ui. What you don't like that blocky halo flying around in space.

Con
November 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Neat app

StankBacon
November 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
i ... dont think it works with my ui.. O_O

http://www.halonews.org/stuff/wtfux.wmv ~4 mb.

Timo
November 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM
o_o
Did you change it from Find Ones to Find All? It looks like what my UI looked like when I used that old CE -> PC converter :x

StankBacon
November 27th, 2007, 04:07 AM
tried that, and halo just crashed right away.

tried changing the maps folder to ce and pc, neither made a difference.

though with find all, and the maps folder in pc, only a few bitmaps were messed up.

but, as they were in the menu, totally unusable.

oh well.

Apoc4lypse
November 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
lol, I think your bitmaps.map file got corrupt, idk if it happened because of the application tho or because it had something to do with how u had ur current bitmaps.map modded, did you try doing it with having no mods on your halo pc maps?

bobbysoon
November 27th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Somewhere I saw something about hex editing bitmaps that won't compile - can't find it right now

So, maybe it is possible to make a pc mod with rider_ejection=false? Would that not provoke CE curiosity in PC players? (my feeble PMI attemp failed)

StankBacon
November 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM
i have no pc mods.

and when replacing the original ui, all is fine.

DECOY
November 29th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Somewhere I saw something about hex editing bitmaps that won't compile - can't find it right now

So, maybe it is possible to make a pc mod with rider_ejection=false? Would that not provoke CE curiosity in PC players? (my feeble PMI attemp failed)

Er, there's loads of PC mods with the rider ejection set to 0 already.
You dont need this app for something that simple, just non-recusively extract the CE scenario tag after you have compiled your script, and replace the PC one with it. It's the same for AI on Teams and AI on specific gametypes via triggers etc.

To be honest, I haven't used Harbinger myself, I'll probably just stick to extracting the CE bsp and lightmap and rebuilding via SP>MP. It sounds as if you have to chase around for bitmaps with Harbinger anyway.

Sel
November 30th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Yeh, as said above, Id only really use this for getting a better UI in PC.

Luv polar's library one :D

LOLipop
December 3rd, 2007, 01:07 AM

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07481/Image_000036.jpg
http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07481/Image_000039.jpg
Where did you get this cool UI?Can you send me the link?

Gamerkd16
December 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Ah...the Delta UI. Still wondering when that work of art will be finished. :D lol

ExAm
December 7th, 2007, 12:37 AM
because some faggots don't actually own the game.
even though you can pick it up for 5 euros in any stores grab-what-u-want-binIt's a little game called Halo, for the Mac. I've been involved in that community for years, and I was the first person other than bobindashadows, who figured out the mac method, to convert a CE map to a Mac readable format. If I didn't have a PC right now, I'd be ecstatic and jumping up and down at the release of this app, since Mac has no CE, and the regular conversion process is a pain in the ass. A welcome addition, and a replay value extender for Mac users. A sort of last hurrah, since Halo for the Mac has been discontinued and taken off shelves.

p0lar_bear
December 7th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Where did you get this cool UI?Can you send me the link?

It's a private build, meaning you can't get it. He's part of a team that was working on a HUGE UI revamping project, and he did the UI menu reskinning.

LOLipop
December 8th, 2007, 05:03 AM
LOL.Polar bear your avatar made me laugh.

PenGuin1362
December 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
That's nice. You still can't have it.

Also this thing is frickin old O_o. it's been kept private for years because it would entirely defeat the purpose gettin ce.

ExAm
December 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Harbinger's a new app, not the original app.

Inferno
December 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
WTF!?!? why would you do ce to pc!! thats just redundant, they both are missing a split screen and they both use the same shitty net game code. why not CE to xbox then we could play some kick ass 4 player immure. I WANT CE TO XBOX!!!!

Chizzle110
December 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM
WTF!?!? why would you do ce to pc!! thats just redundant, they both are missing a split screen and they both use the same shitty net game code. why not CE to xbox then we could play some kick ass 4 player immure. I WANT CE TO XBOX!!!!

lol it probably would be better if he put both ce to xbox and ce to pc. But still its a useful program. It reminds me of the Map editor for halo 2 vista

thehoodedsmack
December 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Then hope someone releases Magic.

Sel
December 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
lol it probably would be better if he put both ce to xbox and ce to pc. But still its a useful program. It reminds me of the Map editor for halo 2 vista

How does it remind you of the map editor for H2v?

Kornman00
December 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Then hope someone releases Magic.
Magic (C:%5CMount%5CB%5CSourceCode%5CBlam%5CMagic.zip). ;p

p0lar_bear
December 20th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Magic (C:%5CMount%5CB%5CSourceCode%5CBlam%5CMagic.zip).

I c whut u did ther.

thehoodedsmack
December 20th, 2007, 06:16 AM
You're mean Kornman... I had that program once, probably wasn't supposed to. But now it's just a memory...

Lightning
December 20th, 2007, 11:30 PM
CE to Xbox is easily possible.

The current tools are not public, though, because thousands of dollars went into developing them.

I'm serious, and I know because I helped with it. Magic is NEVER supposed to be out, nor should it ever get out. Kornman is working on his own convector, so I suggest waiting for that.

Magic has flaws, though, namely with 32 bit bitmaps. Whenever I compile, I need to recreate almost all bumpmaps, which is not fun.

Also, custom cubemaps screw.

Kornman00
December 21st, 2007, 12:54 AM
I am :confused::confused2:?

I mean, for h2 sorta yeah, but halo 1 :confused:?

Kibito87
December 24th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I am :confused::confused2:?

I mean, for h2 sorta yeah, but halo 1 :confused:?

Yeah wait, you are? I was told about the h2 thing but I didn't hear anything about a h1 ce to xbox converter...

Also, I have a working Immmure v2 for xbox sitting around here somewhere. Has a slight bsp problem and the flame hog doesn't want to work.

Limited
December 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Decoy, long time no see.

Nice work on the app, reminds me of the one Yomama made some time ago, although this has more features :D

ExAm
December 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
It's not Decoy's app, he just posted it.

Patrickssj6
December 27th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Hey Decoy, long time no see.

Nice work on the app, reminds me of the one Yomama made some time ago, although this has more features :D
Locke's only reversed a few bytes in the header so HMT could open it; not a whole converter ;)

[KOD]RAVEN
January 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
you know what should be released? Gam's lagless app that got rid of leading. No point in keeping anything beneficial like that private... everyone has left already anyways. It does exist and I know somebody who used it for a while.

Kornman00
January 9th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Gam's lagless app? lol

supersniper
January 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Lol. Probably made the client's lag view as 0 but really it was how it normally is. It is impossible to have an app that gets rid of lag. Lag is the term used to describe the connection to the server from you computer through the internet. Impossible.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Im guessing its a de-leadafier, basically moving the enemy players ahead of where they are actually going depending on your ping, so if a player was really in front of you, and you where both strafing to the right, your enemy would appear a little bit or so to the right of you to show you where to aim, when they are actually right in front of you, but instead in front of you and a little bit to the right.

[KOD]RAVEN
January 10th, 2008, 12:58 AM
it doesn't literally remove lag, that's just what the program was called. it compensated for latency by adjusting halo's auto-aim values or something like that