PDA

View Full Version : [VID] Halo CE Ad/Montage

Cortexian
November 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM
This is just a little Ad that I put together for Multimedia class... We needed to do an "alternate video project". Basically something that moves, but doesn't involve real people in the video... So I did this:

ouLgygrFb8c

Pooky
November 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM
That was actually pretty cool, you're good with the flycam. Also fun fact: I have every map shown.

Cortexian
November 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I was just going for graphically appeasing maps... It's also kind of a Tribute to Halo CE as well, since I don't really play it anymore...

Con
November 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Nice video, it really showcases what CE has to offer, what we stand for, and most importantly, the good times.
+rep (edit: need to spread :()

Syuusuke
November 30th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Oh snap, NICE! I miss playing CE with you guys (I'm tired of those noobs that act immaturely and those bot-callers in every death).

Cortexian
November 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Oh snap, NICE! I miss playing CE with you guys (I'm tired of those noobs that act immaturely and those bot-callers in every death).
Thats the reason theres no FP footage in there, all mine consists of people calling me a botter ;).

NeiaG
November 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
thats awesome. also, whats the name of the song

Pooky
November 30th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Not to mention the actual aimbotters who seem to have had a resurgence :\

Cortexian
November 30th, 2007, 08:08 PM
The song is Insurrection, here's a download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/73460742/Halo_Insurrection_OC_ReMix.mp3.html

You can download it from OC Remix (ocremix.com), so I figured I'd throw it on Rapidshare as well.

n00b1n8R
November 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
cool vid!
what's the map at -2:28? I remember seeing it at halomaps, but never DL'd it.

also sauce on song?
damn quick posts >:U

Pooky
November 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM
-2:28 is camtrack arena

Agnaiel
November 30th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Great video! You are awesome with the flycam!

What was the map at -0:40?

Pooky
November 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Mystic or Mystic_classic

Patrickssj6
December 1st, 2007, 02:54 AM
Wait, you didn't use my flycam right? Because on some parts it looks choppy...
8Ry5kUf75MI

Nice work nonetheless. :awesome:

demonmaster3k
December 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM
really cool montage

Martini-562
December 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Realy nicely done, I like the part in which you follow the track of yoyorast and the how the music changed in the end.

Cortexian
December 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't use a flycam program, just the console commands...

Patrickssj6
December 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM
I didn't use a flycam program, just the console commands...
Yes, that's what I said :eyesroll:

Sel
December 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Can you list the maps you used?

I recognized some, but most of them Ive never seen.

Cortexian
December 2nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
I was making a list, then hit the back button on my mouse by mistake, and I'm to lazy to go back and recheck, sorry.

Pooky
December 2nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
In order of appearance (not counting seconds of maps that appeared twice):

z sanctuary
z coagulation
yoyorast
no_remorse
portent
mystic
icy swamps
tensity
fissure fall
launch bay x
camtrack arena
lostcove
church
immure2
prime
sneak

Ki11a_FTW
December 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
I really miss those older maps, nice vid though, +rep

Cortexian
December 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks for compiling that list FriedMetroid! Also, thanks for all the positive feedback guys :).

Higuy
December 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
good job

t3h m00kz
December 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Very nice video but I'm a bit suprised that there's no credits; like, map names, song names, etc. Not that I need the song names or anything... it's the Halo Theme OC remix and Unforgotten from H2OST V2.

Nice by the way, really intense with the choice of music
>D

P.S. Mystic fucking owns. The Zelda 64 Forest Temple area blew me away.

Darqeness
December 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Great video, great use of the flycam and mixing video sequences in time with the music.

Very nice video but I'm a bit suprised that there's no credits; like, map names, song names, etc. Not that I need the song names or anything... it's the Halo Theme OC remix and Unforgotten from H2OST V2.

Nice by the way, really intense with the choice of music
>D

P.S. Mystic fucking owns. The Zelda 64 Forest Temple area blew me away.

Yep, definitely one of the most underated maps. It was popular for a while now no one plays it. :(

Cortexian
December 9th, 2007, 01:42 AM
No one plays it, because Halo CE's player base is under 500 people...

n00b1n8R
December 9th, 2007, 07:14 PM
that's irrelevent, people played it then, they can play it now.
the only reason they don't is because the vast majority would rather play maps with less depth in gameplay then a puddle (eg. coldsnap).

Pooky
December 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
No one plays it, because Halo CE's player base is under 500 people...

that's irrelevent, people played it then, they can play it now.
the only reason they don't is because the vast majority would rather play maps with less depth in gameplay then a puddle (eg. coldsnap).

You're both wrong, they go for the maps with all the gimmicks (e.g. coldsnap). The primary reason people come to CE isn't for depth of gameplay or any of that other philosophical horse shit we tell ourselves is so important, it's for custom content. Personally, if all I was interested in was new custom weapons and vehicles, I wouldn't be that impressed by no_remorse or portent because they offer nothing in that category. Those maps are catered more towards the Halo purists who want a high quality map with the same gameplay. Besides, you can't really fault coldsnap for lacking depth... it's got nearly enough vehicles to be an RTS. What it lacks is quality.

TeeKup
December 9th, 2007, 08:31 PM
You're both wrong, they go for the maps with all the gimmicks (e.g. coldsnap). The primary reason people come to CE isn't for depth of gameplay or any of that other philosophical horse shit we tell ourselves is so important, it's for custom content. Personally, if all I was interested in was new custom weapons and vehicles, I wouldn't be that impressed by no_remorse or portent because they offer nothing in that category. Those maps are catered more towards the Halo purists who want a high quality map with the same gameplay. Besides, you can't really fault coldsnap for lacking depth... it's got nearly enough vehicles to be an RTS. What it lacks is quality.

Very true.

Concerning the video, no matter how advanced Halo 3 is, Halo CE is still beautiful. I can't wait to get back into it when I get my new computer.

Cortexian
January 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Very true.

Concerning the video, no matter how advanced Halo 3 is, Halo CE is still beautiful. I can't wait to get back into it when I get my new computer.
Yes, needs more Halo 3 CE. I'd even be satisfied if Gearbox did the port.