PDA

View Full Version : Vista Files

breon
January 21st, 2007, 03:06 AM
How locked-down (or unlocked) are the files going to be with H2V? Are you going to be able to directly access the 3d files to edit in Max?

Timo
January 21st, 2007, 03:18 AM
I doubt they will give out the source files for all their maps, but if the community for Halo 2 Vista is similar to that of Halo CE, there should be a bsp converter/tag extractor for H2V soon enough.

Atty
January 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM
They'll be just as locked as they are in any other game that openly supports custom content.

But it doesn't matter, we'll have tools to do whatever is left out soon enough.

Reaper Man
January 21st, 2007, 06:18 AM
I wish more companies would take a leaf out of Valve's book. I love their open-source attitude about the Source engine and it's respective games.

Limited
January 21st, 2007, 07:03 AM
Who knows?

Well, Nitro does now :P

Perhaps they have reaper, yet I doubt that, didnt bungie make HEK? Bungie arnt making h2v like custom making programs now. Im sure they wont be totally open source there will have to be a 3rd party app that does it.

Prom perhaps, if it ever gets released jeez.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Isn't HEK the same tools that Bungie used? Not an adaptation...

Boo Diddly
January 22nd, 2007, 12:24 AM
the Hek are basically what they used, but nerfed.

I'm sure that they will give us certain files, but not every single multiplayer and mulit player map and everything that goes with them.

legionaire45
January 22nd, 2007, 02:07 AM
They cleaned up a few bugs and removed a few things I think.

Reaper Man
January 22nd, 2007, 06:14 AM
They cleaned up a few bugs and removed a few things I think.
Wrong. Pi Studios have basically noob-friendlied the HEK.

Limited
January 22nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
Wrong. Pi Studios have basically noob-friendlied the HEK.We ment halo ce hek.

They did indeed remove parts of it and apparently they did use hek to make maps.

But yeah PI studios are now making a seperate map making thing so lets hope they make it like hek and not just some totally new stuff that we have to figure out all again =\

Chewy Gumball
January 22nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
... It will be the same programs as the HEK...

Boo Diddly
January 22nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
... but hopefully they tell us something better than hardware registers and some odd reference to Bernie