PDA

View Full Version : Growing Community

RaVNzCRoFT
January 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Most users ever online was 151, Today at 04:01 PM ET.

It's nice to see that H2V is growing larger and larger by the day.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Not always.

Sunray
January 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Exactly. People like me who joied up for CMT ruin the communities. However I intend to stay as long as possible, and I will try my hardest to contribute to the community (both by subitting maps and posting relevent, useful stuff)

Emmzee
January 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Not always.
Once H2V comes out, the H2V section will turn into either HM or Gearbox's Halo Ce forum.

DECOY
January 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
If it turns into HM,:eek: we'll see a bunch of spin off sites I suppose.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
January 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Nah, once h2v is released, I am going to get much more strict.

RaVNzCRoFT
January 21st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, once this site gets tons of members due to the release of Halo 2 Vista, you're going to need to start cracking down on all the spam. You can let it slide on a small forum, but not with thousands of members. Believe me, I have plenty of experience with that...:(

Limited
January 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
100 off them were bots.

Or at least 75 of them.

GG google bot and yahoo spider slurp

Random
January 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM
Once H2V comes out, the H2V section will turn into either HM or Gearbox's Halo Ce forum.

Whats wrong with that? Halo Mods was great and slowly decayed into what it is now. And Gearbox has always been good, it still doesn't suck :eyesroll: ...yet

rossmum
January 21st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Not always.
Agreed...

Exactly. People like me who joied up for CMT ruin the communities. However I intend to stay as long as possible, and I will try my hardest to contribute to the community (both by subitting maps and posting relevent, useful stuff)
This man speaks troof.

<3333

Whats wrong with that? Halo Mods was great and slowly decayed into what it is now. And Gearbox has always been good, it still doesn't suck :eyesroll: ...yet
HM was great, pre-2005. After that it went to hell, it began to improve but now they're merging Users and Files. It's going to kill it again.

mR_r0b0to
January 22nd, 2007, 05:15 PM

woop
plz no ban :D

TheGhost
January 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
100 off them were bots.

Or at least 75 of them.

GG google bot and yahoo spider slurp

I tried to tell you before, the bots aren't counted towards the "number of visitors" count. They are shown in the whose online screen but do not raise the count of visitors.

soloblast
January 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
The visitor count is rising most likely because CMT is located here. And everyone loves CMT. :D And they just released Map Pack #1, which everyone'll want.

Btd69
January 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I've heard that before :P

Pooky
January 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM

And I bet I'm the first one bant

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 12:29 AM
The visitor count is rising most likely because CMT is located here. And everyone loves CMT. :D And they just released Map Pack #1, which everyone'll want.
Not everyone, actually.

And I bet I'm the first one bant
Nah.

Limited
January 23rd, 2007, 04:25 AM
Correctness, its posted on bungie.net so yeah :D

ghost is correct too

RaVNzCRoFT
January 23rd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah, after Halomods merges I'll need to be a lot more strict. :D

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Meh. I won't even be there, most likely. I don't see the merger doing a single bit of good for what's left of the community... just when the user forums start to improve, the 30,000+ noob army of the Files forums (plus dupe accounts) gets mashed into it.

TheGhost
January 24th, 2007, 01:10 AM

Oh? I didn't hear about this. That probably should have happened ages ago. I could never figure out why there were two separate forums.

rossmum
January 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Unfortunately merging them at this point means combining a forum with 40k+ accounts with another that has 20k+, many of which are duplicates between the two forums. And the two communities are always in disagreement.

I don't see it working, to be perfectly honest.

n00b1n8R
January 24th, 2007, 01:44 AM
i just don't want this site to turn into the constant flood of "i wantz teh ehelpz joo guyz" or the "ZOMGUGUYS!!ONE I GOTS TEH BEST IDEA EVER AND U SHYOLD MAKE IT 4 ME!!"

abit of exageration (and i don't mind the forum as long as i don't go to the techincal descussion to often)but i come here to get away from that >.>

don't let this turn into the flamey hell that HM has become..
n00b out