PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New Maps

JunkfoodMan
December 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM
What do you guys think of them?
I love Standoff, especially the able-to-open blast doors =D
Foundry + Forge is brilliant. I love the mancannons. But I just want a mancannon that can be totally stationary =/
I haven't tried Rats Nest yet.
Post your Opinions :awesome:

Huero
December 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Standoff: Ranked BTB pls.
Rat's Nest: No thanks.
Foundry: Fuck yes.

PlasbianX
December 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Standoff: Great map. Hate the environment around the actual map though. Wtf is with that silver water?

Rats Nest: Bullshit my ass, this is not a map for BTB. Its fucking small, 1 loop around a small 3 room area? No thanks.

Foundry: Decent. Im having fun with my Warlock, Hang Em High, Midship, Chiron, and Boarding Action variants. :)

JunkfoodMan
December 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Standoff: Great map. Hate the environment around the actual map though. Wtf is with that silver water?

I think its like...a dried up lake/river or something? Like, still water.
But I agree, its kinda fugly.

m13120
December 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Foundry: Decent. Im having fun with my Warlock, Hang Em High, Midship, Chiron, and Midship variants. :)

You mentioned Midship twice :eng101:

Huero
December 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Longer review of standoff :V

Standoff:
Great map; while I haven't had too much time to look around, I have to say; it's amazing. For those that like to strategize, you have an immense amount of options. Sneak around the back, unlock the doors and windows to their base; or maybe open yours and defend. The action in the center is furious and frequent; if you want to get right into it, that's the place to go. Overall, this map is great and I expect to see it very often in matchmaking. You should too.
9/10

Wait
you guys don't give a shit why did I do this :V
also it is tiny anyway <_<

n00b1n8R
December 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
how tiny?

beaver creak tiney?

Huero
December 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Oh no, I'd say... About 2 times the size of Beaver Creek.

Kornman00
December 12th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Standoff: Love team slayer in this, and assault is pretty fucking hawt too. But thats the only things I've played in it since those are the only game variants Heroic DLC has for them...

Rat's Nest: I actually like it, CTF is kinda cool with this map. I'd assume assault would be too then as well. But yeah, it is pretty small

Foundry: In its default setup, when playing team slayer, get ready to have your mind blown away. When played with TS and 12 people, this game goes so fucking fast its CRAZY :gonk:. But its awesome crazy. I love the tools they give you too. The first time I started making a variant in Foundry, it took me about 4hrs to get the final structure done before I could move on to spawns and weapons placements. Those 4hrs were awesome and the map is pretty cool, but I don't think it would live up to REAL gameplay, maybe only laid back gameplay

Huero
December 12th, 2007, 10:16 PM
The best part about Foundry is that you can have fun while building things <_<

paladin
December 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
The best part about Foundry is that you can have fun while building jerking things <_<

ftfy

The maps are cool. Foundry is the most fun bar far. I like Standoff visually though.

n00b1n8R
December 13th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I was under the impression that zomby's was a major gametype for Rat's nest. anyone played it?

JunkfoodMan
December 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Not yet...

Also, I'm sad. I built that thing on the RvB video, that mancannon structure that fires things into Griff. >_>

Huero
December 13th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I was under the impression that zomby's was a major gametype for Rat's nest. anyone played it?
Yes
It really isn't that good
also l2spell

FireDragon04
December 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM
<3 Standoff
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1249/silenceaq3.jpg

Rosco
December 13th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I try the button combo to get the player to put his gun down, and it never works. What happened to it?

FireDragon04
December 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Only works in local/lan games.

combo is RB+LB+Left Stick+D-Pad Down+A for 3 seconds.

Huero
December 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Or, alternatively, LB, RB, and Left on the DPad for 3 seconds <_<

Con
December 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Or, alternatively, LB, RB, and Left on the DPad for 3 seconds <_<
Didn't work.

Timo
December 14th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Standoff is pretty awesome for Team Slayer games, although I haven't played any other gametypes on it. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=191741359&player=zTimo - I'm the guest (used to playing n the bottom half of the monitor) d:

Hunter
December 14th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Im going to get them today so i will post a comment after ive played them but i think they all look awsome from what ive seen.

Kornman00
December 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM
It would have been nice to have the map I saw at Bungie released with this first batch, it looked really fucking hawt and was well into development (from my standpoint anyway. I think with their hire they could have "finished" it by Dec 11th). I would hate to see it not ever reach the daylight, but so it goes in Bungie with many many map designs and builds.

Hunter
December 14th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Ok, just downloaded them, and foundry is the best out of all of them. I have made a two story house on it :D

Rosco
December 14th, 2007, 12:56 PM

combo is RB+LB+Left Stick+D-Pad Down+A for 3 seconds.

Nevermind, forgot about doing the a part of the combo. :downs:

TPE
December 14th, 2007, 04:33 PM
It would have been nice to have the map I saw at Bungie released with this first batch, it looked really fucking hawt and was well into development (from my standpoint anyway. I think with their hire they could have "finished" it by Dec 11th). I would hate to see it not ever reach the daylight, but so it goes in Bungie with many many map designs and builds.
I demand a chillout or rat race re-make.

I will not pay for this map pack. No maps appeal to me exept for standoff. I see no use in foundry because I hate doing anything in forge. It takes me about 2X longer to place an object in forge then sapien. But in forge it looks horrible. Rats Nest is meh. I really did not like the looks of the crows nest level. Though RN has a good layout for something like assault or multi team.

I REALLY want to see a good size team doubles map. Like the ones I stated before.

Rosco
December 14th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Rats nest is possibly the worst experiance I've had on Halo 3. It seems more of a map that would work great on Halo PC conditions.

Standoff, lovin multi flag CTF

Foundry, amazing team slayer games, easy kill sprees and stuff. :)

Huero
December 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Swords on Standoff would be amazing

Elite Killa
December 14th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Foundry: Most favorite. Love the forgable objects! I mean, ther new ones will actually stay locked in place! But I don't like the default setup on matchmaking.

Standoff: Love it! Perfect for Team Slayer and CTF. Love those sattelites!

Rat's Nest: It's okay. I thought it would be much bigger. Not good for BTB, even though Bungie says so... Although I do have a minor amount of good moments on Team Slayer.

Xetsuei
December 16th, 2007, 10:44 AM

Negative.

jngrow
December 20th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Rat's Nest definitely feels like a PC map. It's good IMO.

Standoff is my new favorite map, I love it's pace, constant action yet somehow I don't get killed every 2 seconds.

Foundry is awesome, however I don't like the default layout. It feels like a lot of 'luck' is involved.

Elite Killa
December 20th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Xetsuei™;200261']Negative.
It works on Xbox Live too?

Huero
December 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Anybody played on a volcano map?
They're great <_<

FireDragon04
December 21st, 2007, 06:41 PM
Xetsuei™;200261']Negative.
You can't lower your weapon on XBL. So its correct. Or i'd would have made many pieces of machinema by now, shortage of actors without, but not voice actors lol.

Oh i wish for a Sidewinder remake, it would be awesome in Halo 3.

PlasbianX
December 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM
Im loving the remakes people are putting out. Got a near perfect lockout and chillout now.