PDA

View Full Version : What do/could you mod?

Zeph
December 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
This is essentially a 'what games/engine do you have access to mod' thread. I'm not looking for any "Oh hey, look at my mods that I've done" here, just trying to get an idea of what people around here do other than have an "interest" in H2V. How active are you for each? Do you occasionally play a mod here and there or are you the one churning out new things for people?

For instance, I have Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Battlefield 2142, Source, Crysis, and Unreal 2004. I mostly just play things others have made for everything but Crysis. I'm starting to learn Cryengine2 and flesh out some ideas for things to make.

Tweek
December 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM
halo custom edition, Source (halflife2) did some Battlefield Vietnam mapping back in the day. and WAY before that, i made maps for Rainbow six: rogue spear. good old times. and now ofcourse unreal tournament 3.

im still very busy working on Source, but i try to squeeze in as much time with ut3 as i can, because its so much more forgiving. i played around in cryengine2 for about an hour, but all the damn green made me want to throw up after a while.

myself, i don't play many games at all, i'm FAR too picky too play any one game, the only exception to that has been Wow, and the old Tiberian Sun(firestorm), because that's still the best goddamn rts around. i'm not much of a player, i'm more of a creator. i'm more into creating content, than using other people's content. that means i don't really play any MODs either.

flibitijibibo
December 11th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Halo CE, H2V, Source, Unreal 3 (GoW and UT3)

Right now, my focus is Unreal's sound tools. H2V doesn't have any obviously, and Halo CE is getting a bit old. Source = WTF to me.

EDIT- Hey, post 222... Mah favorite number 3 times.

Boba
December 11th, 2007, 06:33 PM
GTA San Andreas is pretty fun to mod.

kenney001
December 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
NFS 3

adumass
December 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Halo CE, Source, Battlefield 2, and now I'm learning UT3. I also screw around with the tools for an old game called battlezone(1998 remake).

alby
December 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Racer, Crysis, Halo 1 and 2.

paladin
December 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
How do you mod? :) just halo ce <3

Sever
December 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour: Shockwave Mod. It basically turns the expansion pack (Zero Hour) into what it could have been by making each of the sub-factions much more unique and diverse. Its only at v.93 right now, but the January '08 release of v.95 will include three additional sub-factions and a massive amount of new units/structures/abilities. Also, v1.00 is supposed to feature PROPERLY SCALED naval combat - something that has never been implemented in a C&C multiplayer game yet.

Link: Shockwave Forums
(http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?showforum=41)

Phopojijo
December 11th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Psst. Zeph... you forgot to mention Halo 2 Vista forums :p

Just kidding I know what you mean of course.

I have Unreal Tournament:GOTY, Unreal Tournament 2004 ECE Midway Rerelease (Yea I was late getting it), Unreal Tournament 3, Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, Far Cry, Command and Conquer, Red Alert, Tiberium Sun, Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer 3, Flight Sim 98, Mechwarrior 3, Mechwarrior 4 if you count those... basically just about any PC game there's an official or otherwise mod kit associated with it. And frankly I have probably hundreds of them over the course of my life from DOS to the present.

That's what's good about the PC mod circuit... pick a game, give a bit of effort, you can mod it.

For ones I've actually modified personally:

UT, UT3, Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista (ugh), Red Alert. I think that's it...

Emmzee
December 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I make mods for Wolfenstein 3D.

Yeah, I'm a bit old school.

Also, Total Annihilation.

dg
December 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Well I used to be fairly proficient in Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Unreal Tournament, Halo 1 Xbox, Halo PC and CE, Halo 2 Xbox, and World of Warcraft UI's.

ExAm
December 11th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Halo, PC. I'm adept with the swapper, and can make some pretty fancy stuff with what's already there. I've been telling myself to learn CE, and make a map, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Terin
December 11th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I've done some randomness in Marathon AKA Aleph One. I'm also trying out stuff in the Source engine. The most I've ever done with engine modding, though, is Halo PC and Starcraft. I even wrote a basic modding guide to get people started on it, and it was put on Starcraft.org for a year or two before being replaced by a much more active and competent modder. Fun stuff, though.

p0lar_bear
December 12th, 2007, 12:38 AM
My main modding interest is Halo Custom Edition, of course. The only other games I've modified even slightly are the original The Sims, and Final Fantasy 7 for PC.

I once tried to mod UT99:GOTY, but I could never figure out how to work UnrealEd. :?

legionaire45
December 12th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Halo CE (made a shitty boxmap [this was back before I learned plane modeling] but am capable of using the tools), H2V (meh) and a dab of Source (box maps anyone :p. I'm going to start working on a map of my school for a lanparty in january, although I still don't know whether it would be a better idea to use 1.6 instead, which is what most of my school plays).

I'm trying to get into the programming aspects of game design (I actually get it xD) and do modeling for fun, although I am pretty rusty at the moment due to school =(. Over winter break I want to burn through a programming book and at least half of the 3DS Max 8 Bible if I can. I doubt that will happen though.

jahrain
December 12th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Before halo ce, I did some UT2K4 modding. Before that, I was into rpgmaker (which isn't really modding, but meh, it was something I was able to do when I was 13).

Atty
December 12th, 2007, 07:26 AM
RL.

Patrickssj6
December 12th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Started of with Quake 3 (BFP Mod etc)...then Unreal...HaloCE/PC/2XP

Pooky
December 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I prefer to play any mod I can get my hands on rather than make them. I don't see how a mod is worth shit without people playing it.

Hotrod
December 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Also, Total Annihilation.
Oh, yeah! High five! I moded Total Annihilation as well. Also, I can mod Halo.

Zeph
December 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM
This thread needs more people to answer.

Atty
December 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Well by the looks of this thread I'd say game moding beyond Halo isn't very popular to this community in its current state. Might want to expand a bit.

Amit
December 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
RL.

Real original.

I used to mod for Halo like crazy but stopped after I knew I couldn't create stuff up to par with other users. I continued to do some shit for Republic Commando in Unreal Editor but RC never really caught on so that got screwed over too.

Zeph
December 14th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Well by the looks of this thread I'd say game moding beyond Halo isn't very popular to this community in its current state. Might want to expand a bit.
Well, there were less than 20 replies out of everyone that was here. Of course the largest common interest would be Halo related, but I'm sure most people play another modable game.

PlasbianX
December 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Unreal Engine
Source
Halo CE
Oblivion
Tribes (2 and vengeance)
Battlefield 2

Thats all i can do. And some RMXP stuff, but thats not really modding.

Con
December 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM
CE, h2v, NFS3 and 4

Roostervier
December 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM
CE, H2V, Source, UE3 (UT3), Crysis.

kenney001
December 16th, 2007, 02:14 AM
CE, h2v, NFS3 and 4

w00t. My first 3d modeling expirience came when i was about 8 from Zmodeler for NFS 3 and 4.