PDA

View Full Version : HCE On A Xbox?

Metkil5685
January 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Yesterday I was trying to play HCE and well it runs horribly on my computer. My computer has been acting weird lately so games don't run as fast. But, that's beyond the point. Does anyone know how to get HCE to run on a softmodded Xbox? My friend told me of someone who did it, but he never found out more about it. Any info would be nice.

Limited
January 22nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
You can port CE maps. Neuros map got ported.

Metkil5685
January 22nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Well, I mean to play via the Gamespy Master Server also. Not just play the maps. Play the game with other people.

nooBBooze
January 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
i dont think thats possble. but to make ur comp run faster u could
1. clean up ur registry (for isnstance with tweaknow RegCleaner)
2.Defrag ur harddrive (with o&o defrag for ex.)
3.Do a proper virus check
4.Run some antispy progs
i did this on My crappy old pc and it really ran faster before it dumped it :)

TheGhost
January 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
I've played XBConnect with Lightning on his custom CE maps.

There's a tool that converts the tags so that they can be used for the XBox format.

LinkandKvel
January 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM

There's a tool that converts the tags so that they can be used for the XBox format.
I'm pretty sure what he's saying is besides using his computer 2 run CE he wants his xbox to act as a substitue for his PC to play CE on the internet. Impossible dude. Even if it was by the time and money u use to figure it out u might as well buy a new PC.

4RT1LL3RY
January 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
I think it might work on a 360. If you were able to put an operating system such as linux on it then put on an emulator to run it. I remember seeing someone run Halo PC on a PS2 before. You might need to check up on that though.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
i dont think thats possble. but to make ur comp run faster u could
1. clean up ur registry (for isnstance with tweaknow RegCleaner)
2.Defrag ur harddrive (with o&o defrag for ex.)
3.Do a proper virus check
4.Run some antispy progs
i did this on My crappy old pc and it really ran faster before it dumped it :)
Worked wonders for me, though I had to wipe my Windows drive too.

PC hasn't given me any trouble for about 2 years, though. *touch wood*

Metkil5685
January 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
I can easily run linux on my xbox. It is already softmodded. I'm gonna be putting a new harddrive in there soon so there are more game saves on it. My friend was saying using a Windows 2000 emulator, but I have a slight feeling that's illegal.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Modding it in any way is already illegal, not that your average teenager cares.

DECOY
January 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM

The magic convertor? I also use it as part of running tags through to PC.
where did it come from? ( I got mine off UUNET FTP site in Norway, whats that about? :confused2: )

Edward Elrich
January 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
rossum, modding open source code, like linux, is perfectly legal. You can even mod Halo all you want, without getting too much grief from people. It's when you try and sell the product/code you made for money that it becomes illegal and you can be sued. Just don't try to connect to XBL with a modded box. Yes, now I answer the first question of this thread. Even if CMT makes a HCE port for Xbox, the most we would have would be system link, if that.

Pooky
January 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
Even if CMT makes a HCE port for Xbox, the most we would have would be system link, if that.

Wasn't it already said sometime way back that there would eventually be a Campaign port to Xbox for co-op?

rossmum
January 22nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
rossum, modding open source code, like linux, is perfectly legal. You can even mod Halo all you want, without getting too much grief from people. It's when you try and sell the product/code you made for money that it becomes illegal and you can be sued. Just don't try to connect to XBL with a modded box. Yes, now I answer the first question of this thread. Even if CMT makes a HCE port for Xbox, the most we would have would be system link, if that.
Normally, you'd be right - but the Xbox (in its entirety) is considered a Microsoft product, and modifying it as such in any way voids the warranty and is considered illegal, last time I checked.

n00b1n8R
January 23rd, 2007, 05:45 AM
ok, would somebody tell me how i get my CE maps onto my xbox? (i assume it needs to be H1, not H2)

i'm just curious (i don't have H1 xbox..)
n00b out

Neuro Guro
January 23rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
You can port CE maps. Neuros map got ported.

Actually quite a few of them have been converted.

Edward Elrich
January 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
There is no legal way to do it. The encoding the Xbox recognizes, plus the fact you have to mod the box to get it to work, makes it almost impossible unless you can put a false Microsoft Signature tag or something on the disc (again illegal)

BTW I was talking about the games when I said it was legal. I didn't mean the Xbox itself.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 07:57 PM
The games are still property of their respective producers and as such most modding is actually illegal, however most gaming companies either don't care or actively promote modding these days.

Guzzie
January 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
There's this great website that has great deals on Custom Edition maps.

http://www.jonsmodding.com

Oh wait...:giggle:

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
LOL BURN

Seriously, that post was win.