PDA

View Full Version : Rossmum was banned?

LlamaMaster
December 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM
When did this happen? I thought he was just serving detention...

Skiiran
December 16th, 2007, 12:06 AM
If this is true then this is horrible.

paladin
December 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Probably not a good idea to get to nosy.

Kornman00
December 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
When did this happen?
when he decided he wanted to be a zilla fake...

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 12:45 AM
way to fail more h2v.

the legion of zillites is ashamed of you :smith:

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
After seeing this sort of thing happening a fair amount of times, copying other people just isn't funny. At least to me. :/

Skiiran
December 16th, 2007, 12:48 AM
You can yank someone wrongfully from a community.

You cannot, however, prevent someone from leaving.

If anyone wishes to contact me, although I doubt you will, contact Emmzee for my Xfire ID.

Bodzilla
December 16th, 2007, 12:51 AM
yeah i found out a few hours ago, and was like WTF?

i miss our favourite whore already.

CodeBrain
December 16th, 2007, 01:00 AM
NOES!

:saddowns:

He was the best post whore ever!

Great, ANOTHER ONE bites the dust.

legionaire45
December 16th, 2007, 01:01 AM
All I can say is that if this is really true this stuns me. Good Job H2V staff. You just banned your most active member.

Pooky
December 16th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Great, ANOTHER ONE bites the dust.

And this time it was a member that virtually everyone with half a brain liked. Not least of all me. I call horse shit on this decision.

CodeBrain
December 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM
This. Is the End. Of all worlds...Of all peace...

Now, H2V is a monument of sins...

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 01:04 AM
the whole site's going to shit tbqh.

Atty
December 16th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Agamenonfefefefwhatever, Aggy, and Rossmum are permabanned.

alby
December 16th, 2007, 01:14 AM
He was banned for the topic he started a day or so ago which was deleted before I was able to give him +rep, wasn't he.

Bodzilla
December 16th, 2007, 01:15 AM
That has to be the Stupidest thing i have ever heard this forum usher.

Aggy and Ross's long posts, supreme activity and Insatiable arguments Fueled the Fire to how this Site was ran in the Early days.

Those Guys FucKing Made this place, better.
just.

fucking stupid.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:16 AM
He literally asked to be perma'd. shut up.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
What the hell?

Shit. You may have just lost a lot of people with that decision.

Is there some other site that I should go to now?

EDIT: What did he do that got him permabanned? I think I missed something :/

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 01:18 AM
There is one in the works, but if that user wish's to be open about it, he can come out and say it himself.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM
HE WANTED TO BE PERMANENTLY BANNED. SHUT. UP.

Atty
December 16th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Good job imitating me, every post you make with that profile will be taken as "Backseat Moderating." Keep it up.

They'll be back, stop your wining kids. I had no choice in the bans, I loved both members, and wasn't around for their shenanigans.

Pooky
December 16th, 2007, 01:22 AM

Fixed that nasty font error for you. I found that out 5 minutes ago, that's not even what this is about anymore.

Atty
December 16th, 2007, 01:24 AM
And Fried is banned due to a point limit, who is next? I'm not playing kids, try me.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Fixed that nasty font error for you. I found that out 5 minutes ago, that's not even what this is about anymore.

except for i responded to the original question with the answer that nobody else gave, good fucking game. oh, wait, you can't read that. you're banned.

good fucking game x2

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 01:25 AM
backseet moderating is classed as " User attempted to assert authority they don't have, instead of reporting the problem to a real moderator.", which is obviously not the case here.

and today we have a guest speaker!

20.PzGr.Ogef.Kurz (Ross): tell him ross says he needs to grow the fuck up and calm down

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:27 AM
backseet moderating is classed as " User attempted to assert authority they don't have, instead of reporting the problem to a real moderator.", which is obviously not the case here.

and today we have a guest speaker!
do i see some backseat moderation to a moderator? oh dear.

Atty
December 16th, 2007, 01:29 AM
You are attempting to assert authority. You are posting with my profile, a Moderator's profile, someone with authority. Most people don't look past how the profile looks and will assume its me, I'm not having that. I'm not having you kids copy my profile, I don't care if its not strictly covered under the rule it still counts. I'd advise you to stop, a few more warns and you'll be banned as well.

Fried also tried to post as me, posting as if he had changed the font of his post, something a moderator has the power to do, no one else. I see it as him trying to pretend he is me.

n00b1n8R
Hardly, I was just posting something for ross.

and you'll notice the hard to miss green tinge to your post.

Atty
Oh, and the unjust -rep you're giving out is also going to be taken into consideration. Just an fyi. :)

Atty
December 16th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Tell ross this:

He fucking wanted this bull shit strict moderation, he begged for it. He left this damn community because of his difference in opinion on how its run. He wants it strict? Well here it damn well is, if he doesn't like it then he's welcome to stay the fuck out of it, as he's already done.

Xetsuei
December 16th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Imitating people = irritating as hell. I and many other members don't look at a users name, but their avatar and signature.

jngrow
December 16th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Abuse of power much?

Oh, and E-Drama = need 2 get outside more.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I feel that you're taking this a bit harshly.

In a few days, the novelty of this will wear off, and those that were copying others' profiles will go back to their own, without any outside interference. :/

Of course, since you have taken the harsh route, naturally there will be a lot of upset people.

EDIT: Also, where does Ross ask to be banned? http://www.h2vista.net/forums/search.php?searchid=143745

jcap
December 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hah, this is too hilarious.

This is what happens when you have people who feel like they know everything, but then do nothing except spit out trash and prove themselves to be complete ignorant idiots.

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Irritating posts are just that...irritating.

"Wow, way to go h2v! You suck for removing the hypocrisy and enforcing your rules!"

If you dont like it, go away. You called for it, now we listened.

EDIT: Also, where does Ross ask to be banned?In the detention board, AIM, and even the conspiracy forums.

Tell ross this:

He fucking wanted this bull shit strict moderation, he begged for it. He left this damn community because of his difference in opinion on how its run. He wants it strict? Well here it damn well is, if he doesn't like it then he's welcome to stay the fuck out of it, as he's already done.
No, not really. He just wanted every person he had an argument with on this board to be banned. I ended up blocking him on AIM because he wouldn't shut up when wanting people like Stealth, Dano, Masters, and Digikid.

Hurrvish
December 16th, 2007, 11:16 AM
The last thing I read that was posted by him was on his 3 accounts and how they weren't banned.

I guess he really did ask for it.

Tweek
December 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Rossmum was banned?

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Huh, suddenly this thread is back.

I still hold by my opinion that certain problems in the last few days have been handled a bit too harshly. Imitation usually loses its novelty after a few days.

Ugh. H2V drama. :/

Aerowyn
December 16th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Zeph is right. Ross has talked to me personally about wanting to be banned since the Digikid situations.

Well, he got what he wanted. Don't be angry at the moderators for doing their jobs. Ross WANTED it and went out of his way to score infractions. So everyone saying "OMG H2V SUCKS YOU SUCK MODS SUCK" is being ignorant to what really happened. You say the mods suck for doing just what you want them to do; eliminating problems. And when they DO act you say they're being unfair and ruining this place.

*facepalm*

Skyline
December 16th, 2007, 11:23 AM
And Fried is banned due to a point limit, who is next? I'm not playing kids, try me.
:protarget:

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Huh, suddenly this thread is back.

I still hold by my opinion that certain problems in the last few days have been handled a bit too harshly. Imitation usually loses its novelty after a few days.

Ugh. H2V drama. :/

Yes it is back. We just had a debate over Fried. He is now banned for having 34 violations.

Tweek
December 16th, 2007, 11:29 AM
i still find it amusing how everyone things he knows what's going on here, and making statements based on absolutely nothing at all. i actually spoke to ross while this was going on. there's a reason i haven't mixed into this totally pointless debate.

am i the only one who thinks h2v is being run well?
the admins are the boss, that's the way it is. accept it.

jcap
December 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM
When did this happen? I thought he was just serving detention...
About two days ago. He got out of detention and blew it for himself.

If this is true then this is horrible.
Yes, it's true. No, it's not horrible. Is it disappointing? Yes; I am not proud to ban him. Was it necessary? Yes; he has been given more slack than ANYONE else on this forum. Now that we are doing what he has always wanted, everyone gets upset.

Probably not a good idea to get to nosy.
It's fine to ask questions. Really, I don't mind. Just don't say anything stupid or make any false accusations.

way to fail more h2v.

the legion of zillites is ashamed of you :smith:
Get educated on this. Don't say stupid things without getting information on it first. Apparently, one of the reasons H2V was failing according to Ross because OF YOU.

After seeing this sort of thing happening a fair amount of times, copying other people just isn't funny. At least to me. :/
You're right; it's not funny. In fact, it's irritating.

You can yank someone wrongfully from a community.

You cannot, however, prevent someone from leaving.

If anyone wishes to contact me, although I doubt you will, contact Emmzee for my Xfire ID.
Goodbye.

Also, in your time away, learn what doing something "wrongfully" is.

yeah i found out a few hours ago, and was like WTF?

i miss our favourite whore already.
I miss him, too. I don't, however, miss his constant trolling and him constantly making our jobs more difficult.

All I can say is that if this is really true this stuns me. Good Job H2V staff. You just banned your most active member.
So we should give the most active members special grants and get-out-of-jail-free passes? Oh, right...that's where this all began.

And this time it was a member that virtually everyone with half a brain liked. Not least of all me. I call horse shit on this decision.
I call horse shit on your logic.

This. Is the End. Of all worlds...Of all peace...

Now, H2V is a monument of sins...

Sins of Ross and those who constantly break the rules for their own enjoyment.

the whole site's going to shit tbqh.
So that is why we have stepped up to being super-strict now.

He was banned for the topic he started a day or so ago which was deleted before I was able to give him +rep, wasn't he.
Yes.

...and some other reasons.

That has to be the Stupidest thing i have ever heard this forum usher.

Aggy and Ross's long posts, supreme activity and Insatiable arguments Fueled the Fire to how this Site was ran in the Early days.

Those Guys FucKing Made this place, better.
just.

fucking stupid.
And he argues that he he made it worse.

He literally asked to be perma'd. shut up.
He literally asked to be perma'd.

What the hell?

Shit. You may have just lost a lot of people with that decision.

Is there some other site that I should go to now?

EDIT: What did he do that got him permabanned? I think I missed something :/
Check out some of the locked topics over the past few days about this. There's even an entire conversation between me and Aggy in one of them.

The truth is spoken.

Yes, it is.

Abuse of power much?

Oh, and E-Drama = need 2 get outside more.
Abuse of power? Sorry, you might wish to read the Acceptable Use Policy and registration agreement again.

Anyone else?

TeeKup
December 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Wow guys, total anarchy much. Just shut up and do what the moderators tell you to do. :I

If you want to talk to ross just do it on messenger for christ sake.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I guess I really have no idea how H2V is being run.

I've only been able to see snapshots of it from time to time, thanks some restrictions on my home computer use.

Perhaps I've just seen it at bad times, but it seems to me that H2V is becoming less and less active, and more and more drama of this sort is breaking out :/

I'm just responding to what I see: Some people imitate others as a joke, an admin takes it too seriously, and some people are banned.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I don't know.

Also, I guess I'm okay with Ross's banning, if what I keep hearing is true.

p0lar_bear
December 16th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, jcap, I have a question:

Will it blend? :haw:

But seriously folks, it saddens me that we're going to have to go from super fun moderator dudes to super strict nazi people. Ghost and jcap have been working hard to make H2vista.net a fun place to be, only to have that be completely turned upside down and fucked sideways by both recent revelations and Halo 2 for Windows Vista's complete and utter failure. What's making this worse is that everyone is taking a ride on this horrible bandwagon and sending the forums to the shitter.

All of you complain about ross's banning, but to be quite honest, he was the SOURCE of many problems on here, now that I step back and take another look at it. He was fun to hang around with here, but he did stir up a lot of shit that would better have been left unstirred.

PlasbianX
December 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
[12:41] plasbianx: did you get banned from H2V?
[12:41] rossmum: long story, can't be bothered to explain at 4:30
[12:42] plasbianx: but ya did?
[12:42] rossmum: y
[12:42] plasbianx: omg.
[12:42] plasbianx: Kthxbai

:( :smithicide:

jcap
December 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM
You could have gotten the same answer in a fraction of the time and effort by looking at his profile.

Aerowyn
December 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM
more and more drama of this sort is breaking out

Ross was usually the head of the drama. He had a personal vendetta list that he called the "An Hero" list. Basically he requested that all the users on the list be banned. He would usually harass the users, start fights, and do whatever he could to get those people banned. Ross made the mod's jobs harder because of it.

Yes, they wanted to ban the people involved in fights and so on, but with Ross at the helm, it made it more difficult. Ross was a good member, and no one wanted to see him go. But you can't just let him slide when he's calling people out left and right. He got away with quite a lot of shit around here. And now that he's banned people are upset. They SHOULD be, but ONLY for the reason that this didn't happen sooner. Ross was above authority for a long while, and if anything, the other members should respect the decision of the mods for making sure it doesn't happen anymore.

Some people imitate others as a joke, an admin takes it too seriously, and some people are banned.

You have to consider that imitation on this forum is almost ALWAYS a negative thing. You may think it's a joke when someone does it, but when does imitation turn into flat-out trolling?

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 11:43 AM
You could have gotten the same answer in a fraction of the time and effort by looking at his profile.
or by reading the thread.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM
You have to consider that imitation on this forum is almost ALWAYS a negative thing. You may think it's a joke when someone does it, but when does imitation turn into flat-out trolling?
When an imitator starts maliciously making their imitatee look bad.

Also, I'm surprised to learn that Ross has been doing that, but I do see that it is plausible, and if I look back at his posts, I feel that I would see him trolling.

Still...Something about the handling of this seems a bit clunky. I'll put it down to human nature, and our willingness to make everything complicated and dramatic.

Limited
December 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I agree with jcap in the fact rossmum was given more liencieny than any one else, but in a way he earned it.

Some times rossmum's posts were the best, some times they irritated me, but isnt that the case with everyone? everyones irritating some times.

Lets think of the possitiver outcome of this rossmum thread/banning, fried finally got banned. I'm not gonna lie, I dont like him, he was too "rossmum actingish" for me :)

Btw, pbear = admin => h2vista = win

Rosco
December 16th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Ross was usually the head of the drama. He had a personal vendetta list that he called the "An Hero" list. Basically he requested that all the users on the list be banned. He would usually harass the users, start fights, and do whatever he could to get those people banned.

Or because they harassed El_Lobo. :smith:

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Btw, pbear = admin => h2vista = win
Just wait until you see what Pooper Bear's cooking in the oven. When you see it, you'll shit bricks.

Also, I'm surprised to learn that Ross has been doing that, but I do see that it is plausible, and if I look back at his posts, I feel that I would see him trolling.
There's a lot of stuff that goes on out of public sight here. Regular members only see a fraction of this forum (lots of staff boards/development of secret projects/etc). The stuff that went on here with Ross/Aggy showed the worst of it. Fortunately, that was pretty much it and if it were to ever happen again, the staff here has something to look at and judge future actions.

Stormwing
December 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
:dramabomb:

I love how the legions of rossfans think they know everything when they don't even know anything bout their idol's personal intentions.

gg H2V community.

no wait, gg internet.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Ross was a good e-friend of mine. Yes, I got a hell of a lot of lulz from how he trolled the living hell out of certain bad posters/problem members. He did it with a lot of logic, but often did it out of spite or to just stir up the shitstorm on the boards. He often followed people from one thread to another just to keep it up.

I told him how he and fried ought to be banned, and he didn't disagree at all. He knew his actions were banworthy, etc. Funny you guys think you can call yourselves fans/friends and you hardly know anything about him.

It sucks for me to see a good friend go, but I do realize it's for the better of the boards, and these boards are NOT for my personal lulzz/vendettas.

Fried came here with the intention of flaming and trolling members, and to come online when he's in a bad mood. He stated this clearly back before the forums were reset, so I can't link you to the post where he said it, but he wasn't here for any constructive means. Good fucking riddance. All you other SHITPOSTERS (not going to name names, but you know who you are), I can't wait for your day of reckoning, either.

Amit
December 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yes it is back. We just had a debate over Fried. He is now banned for having 34 violations.

WTF? I'm still wondering how he wasn't banned sooner

There's a lot of stuff that goes on out of public sight here. Regular members only see a fraction of this forum (lots of staff boards/development of secret projects/etc).

That's the problem! The public doesn't know about it and once it happens everyone is in uproar. And you know what happens next? Infractions galore.

Seriously, I hate the decisions that were made but if there were necessary, I don't see why not. It literally makes me sad to see this happen, especially on my own birthday. That and there's a fucking huge blizzard outside my window :awesome:

Everyone needs to chillout and think things through. Ross was banned cuz he wanted to be, ask HIM why. If he doesn't tell you, isn't that enough info for you? This place should not be under such punishment at such jolly times of the year.

Rob Oplawar
December 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna skip over most of this thread and just pop in at the end here to distinguish myself and my opinions of the moderation on these forums from this bs about "omg Ross got banned."
I liked Ross, and I felt he contributed to this community, but what I was complaining about earlier was basically that he didn't get banned. Dude, if I had to name the one person who broke the rules on this site more than anyone else, I'd say hand's down it was Ross.

It's sad that he got permabanned, and he will be missed until such time that the admins deem him worthy of return, if ever, but it's about time the rules got properly enforced.

Of course, if the rules had been properly enforced in the first place, what with Ross getting warnings and infractions when he made the offensive posts, then maybe he'd have cleaned up earlier and wouldn't have to have been permanently banned.

e: just read a bit through the posts, and basically,

What Snaf said.

Xetsuei
December 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Just wait until you see what Pooper Bear's cooking in the oven. When you see it, you'll shit bricks.

That sounds painful. :smith:

Rosco
December 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:dramabomb:

I love how the legions of rossfans think they know everything when they don't even know anything bout their idol's personal intentions.

gg H2V community.

no wait, gg internet.

STORM HELLO AGAIN :)

Emmzee
December 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Am I the only one of Ross's friends that:
a. Saw this coming?
b. Doesn't give a shit?

Flyboy
December 16th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I guess I'm the only guy here jumping for joy...

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM
you would. you're just as guilty as him for stirring up shit constantly about a multitude of things, especially with ross and i. i wouldn't mind seeing you go.

Cortexian
December 16th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Huh... I'm not real particular to the whole mess... But I have a question, Why does it matter?

It's the internet people, go outside and have some REAL fun.

*leaves for Christmas party*

Lightning
December 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Ross asked to be banned.

Literally.

Emmzee
December 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Ross asked to be banned.

Literally.
Yes, that was established several pages ago.

Lightning
December 16th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well it seems that everybody is still ignoring that fact. :V

Emmzee
December 16th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well it seems that everybody is still ignoring that fact. :V
THE ADMINS HYPNOTIZED HIM AND MADE HIM ASK TO BE BANNED IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

TeeKup
December 16th, 2007, 02:27 PM

What's this? Another troll that should be banned? Gee-wilickers batman.

~ZMT~Trace
December 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Its unfortunate he was banned, but the administration had every right to.

hahaha.

Flyboy
December 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Oh yes. Please ban me.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
That was a really, really dumb thing to ask for.

Hotrod
December 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Why would he ask to get banned? I mean, if he didn't want to come back, why not just stay away? If he would have done that, this thread wouldn't even exist, and nobody would be arguing about it.

I'm not that sad that Rossmum is gone, I didn't really know him. Yes, he did make me laugh some times, but that's not all that counts, right?

Aerowyn
December 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Oh yes. Please ban me.

Ask and you shall receive? :awesome:

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Ask and you shall receive? :awesome:...Should be a new rule. If it isn't already one. >.>

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Go for it, mod team.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
oh shit, he got what he asked for. :lmao:

Roostervier
December 16th, 2007, 03:32 PM
High-five staff! Tbh he was a massive troll.

Masterz1337
December 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Flyboys gone!
I never thought I'd say this, but I support Atty.

Rosco
December 16th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Flyboys gone!

Why was rossum banned?

Did you only read the latest 2 pages or something? :downs:

Dr Nick
December 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Oh, and the unjust -rep you're giving out is also going to be taken into consideration. Just an fyi. :)You can't do that. That's not something that affects the rest of the community, it's what he thinks of you for doing it.

fatso784
December 16th, 2007, 03:43 PM
It's about time he got banned.

DrunkenSamus
December 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Wow...a lot has been happening these last few weeks.

Masterz1337
December 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Did you only read the latest 2 pages or something? :downs:
Actually, yeah.

I for one am glad Ross is gone. As many of his friends have stated, he was the cause of most problems on the forum. I'm just surprised it's took this long for something to be done about him.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
You can't do that. That's not something that affects the rest of the community, it's what he thinks of you for doing it.
actually, he can. and he was talking about rep abuse towards someone else.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Flyboys gone!
I never thought I'd say this, but I support Atty.
Uh...He kinda knew exactly what would happen if he asked to be banned, and he still did it. :/

He didn't get banned because of trigger-happy mods, he got it because he acted in a stupid way, in the same exact thread where we were discussing how asking to get banned is one way to be banned.

EDIT: Wow, a whole new page while I wrote. Better take some more speed typing classes.

You can't do that. That's not something that affects the rest of the community, it's what he thinks of you for doing it.

Actually, giving out too much -rep is a warnable/bannable offense. It's the same as making a +rep circle.

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 03:55 PM
WTF? I'm still wondering how he wasn't banned sooner
He kept falling out of those holes in the system. The first one pretty much said you can be a asshole/etc a certain amount, but anymore than that and you're banned. The next one said you can be a asshole/etc a certain amount, but if you're one for too long, then you're gone. That system was apparently flawed, as the expired violations seemed to have somehow expired. This one, pretty much says you can be a asshole/etc, but you're going away a bit if so, and you dont want to continue doing it.

That's the problem! The public doesn't know about it and once it happens everyone is in uproar. And you know what happens next? Infractions galore.
No, only a few people are in uproar. What reason do they have to be in uproar? Was it utter madness that the community mapping teams had hidden forums where they could work with their team mates in a private environment? Is it utter madness that the owner of this board has a private section to develop ideas on the future of the site?

You dont seem to understand what's going on. Boards that are only accessible to certain usergroups have nothing to do with causing "infractions galore".

Everyone needs to chillout and think things through. Ross was banned cuz he wanted to be, ask HIM why. If he doesn't tell you, isn't that enough info for you? This place should not be under such punishment at such jolly times of the year.
Actually, he was banned because of a lot of things, he blew his second chance, and instead of trying to work it out he said he didn't want to.

Why would he ask to get banned? I mean, if he didn't want to come back, why not just stay away? If he would have done that, this thread wouldn't even exist, and nobody would be arguing about it.

I'm not that sad that Rossmum is gone, I didn't really know him. Yes, he did make me laugh some times, but that's not all that counts, right?
He took this place way too seriously. Even now he threatens to attack the place with alternate accounts to show that the place isn't moderated properly.

Oh yes. Please ban me.
Done.

Sel
December 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I really fail to see how the loss of ross has negatively affected this forum, everything seems to be running as smoothly as it always has O_o

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Uh...He kinda knew exactly what would happen if he asked to be banned, and he still did it. :/

He didn't get hit with the banhammer because of overzealous mods, he got it because he acted in a stupid and suicidal way, in the same exact thread where we were discussing how asking to get banned is one way to be banned.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/overzealous
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/zealous
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/zeal
Learn to look up a word you dont use that often before you say it.
And no, we weren't overzealous. Rossmum was bound to higher rules and we weren't sure how to proceed. Now that it's over and done we know how, so it wont happen again.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Zephy, i'm sure he meant that you guys are NOT overzealous :p
looked to me more like he was defending your actions.

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Why bother? You've been quoted. Not like it's going to change what's in my post.

itszutak
December 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Agh, I really do type too slowly. I couldn't explain what I was trying to explain with my message, so I just edited it; then I look down, and Zeph has already "translated" my post to mean what I wanted it to say, so I delete my editing post, only to find that you've replied to it. >_<

SnaFuBAR
now to wait for gamerkd16 to chime in.

Zeph
Zephy, i'm sure he meant that you guys are NOT overzealous :p
looked to me more like he was defending your actions.
I dunno. Either way, I wouldn't say we did anything with zeal. We were at one of those points between zealous and unzealous.

SnaFuBAR
December 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
people are under the impression that you are, but that's just them being ignorant.

TheGhost
December 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Rossmum was banned?

Yes. There doesn't seem to be much more to discuss about this subject. Ross was unhappy with the state of things and asked to be banned from the site. We didn't do it initially but then it kind of became necessary. I'd like to think he's happy with his banning, but I'm probably wrong.

Some of you are also complaining that moderators are being too harsh. I'd like to point out that not too long ago, a number of you felt that moderators were being too lenient. We listened to you and are now pushing a policy of more strictness, and some people got warned and/or banned. You can't possibly be complaining about these warnings and bannings now, after asking for a stronger presence of authority and control.

We tailor what do here to the wants and needs of the community, but the fact of the matter is that not everyone will be happy with every decision that is made. We're doing a lot behind the scenes that can't be seen in this regard, but if you have a serious concern with something you can bring it up with the administration.