PDA

View Full Version : Are mods gonna be possible?

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 22nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
1.Will we be getting the ability to make mods for H2V? or just maps and things like that. By mods, I mean, 3rd party mods, like HL2 mods ex. Counter-Strike, Sourceforts, ETC.

2.Is there gonna be an official H2V.net server on HL2 Vista?

rossmum
January 22nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Given the amount of freedom we got with Halo CE, Halo 2's engine should probably let us do quite a lot. Not sure about creating new games in essence, like many of the Source mods... but we could, say, create a map with entirely new content.

Also hi.

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Given the amount of freedom we got with Halo CE, Halo 3's engine should probably let us do quite a lot. Not sure about creating new games in essence, like many of the Source mods... but we could, say, create a map with entirely new content.

Also hi.
:D

You mean Halo 2* not 3. :P
Anyway, yeah that was my thought, probably just the ability to do maps with new content is good enough, although I would love to see what kind of mods Halo 2V's engine could produce. Aw well, the game's not out yet, so we're not completely sure. Also, Hi to you too.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 05:59 AM
Guys, let's not even go there.

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'm going to make an aimbot for halo 3 o_O... Yea, Its been announced that there is going to be an editing kit with the normal game, that probably means something like the HEK, but for Halo 2 from what I've seen of it.

Edward Elrich
January 23rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
Even if Bungie has said mods aren't possible, SOMEONE is going to mod the game (not necessarily you, someone, i mean someone in general) It was that way with Halo 2 and it's going to be that way for Halo 3.

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Even if Bungie has said mods aren't possible, SOMEONE is going to mod the game (not necessarily you, someone, i mean someone in general) It was that way with Halo 2 and it's going to be that way for Halo 3.
Yeah you're probably right, There will always be modders. :D
I hope they mod soemthing positive though, not hacks or cheats. I'd like a third person mod, like the one that was released for halo PC, that one worked quite well.

Mr Buckshot
January 26th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Making a totally different game with the same engine as H2V will be impossible or very hard since the game is not open source.

However, maps with totally custom content are completely possible. There are far fewer engine constraints than in the old game. You can make weapons from scratch without having to recycle hardcoded scripting from other weapons. (e.g. in the CE engine, the tracking rocket uses recycled scripting from the PP overcharge)

basically, mods are totally possible, no barriers.

I want to see the use of flares on vehicles to throw off tracking rockets. They should not work on dumb-fire rockets, but they'd be a great way to throw off noobs. Dodging tracking rockets is quite difficult in Warthogs because they are not as maneuverable as Ghosts or Banshees, and tanks are just screwed - the only evasive maneuver is to get out asap. It also encourages players to rely on dumb-fire rather than the tracking function against vehicles.

Plus, there needs to be a mod to turn off dual wielding in multiplayer. On tightly enclosed maps, an SMG-plasma rifle combo or SMG-PP combo is very lethal - the plasma weapon drops shields like ants and the SMG cuts through unshielded targets like butter. Dual-wielding took away the time needed to switch from a plasma weapon to a projectile weapon against shielded targets, making it noob-friendly.

and finally, I want a pilotable human aircraft. The Havok physics will make that a blast.

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Making a totally different game with the same engine as H2V will be impossible or very hard since the game is not open source.

However, maps with totally custom content are completely possible. There are far fewer engine constraints than in the old game. You can make weapons from scratch without having to recycle hardcoded scripting from other weapons. (e.g. in the CE engine, the tracking rocket uses recycled scripting from the PP overcharge)

basically, mods are totally possible, no barriers.

I want to see the use of flares on vehicles to throw off tracking rockets. They should not work on dumb-fire rockets, but they'd be a great way to throw off noobs. Dodging tracking rockets is quite difficult in Warthogs because they are not as maneuverable as Ghosts or Banshees, and tanks are just screwed - the only evasive maneuver is to get out asap. It also encourages players to rely on dumb-fire rather than the tracking function against vehicles.

Plus, there needs to be a mod to turn off dual wielding in multiplayer. On tightly enclosed maps, an SMG-plasma rifle combo or SMG-PP combo is very lethal - the plasma weapon drops shields like ants and the SMG cuts through unshielded targets like butter. Dual-wielding took away the time needed to switch from a plasma weapon to a projectile weapon against shielded targets, making it noob-friendly.

and finally, I want a pilotable human aircraft. The Havok physics will make that a blast.
You speak the truth, but I heard H2 will be open source, i'm probably wrong though.

Chewy Gumball
January 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
completely wrong.

demonmaster3k
January 27th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Making a totally different game with the same

it's simple, tk all the noob bitches that use dual combo
also, ban the from the server using dev console

h2v will also have it's own version of HEK, but single player mods are an absolute NO.
i guess bungie didn't want to see CMT pull off another SP campaign on one of their games again

and then they throw that "we appreciate our modding community and their creativity" bullshit

but it would be nice to rip off limbs with the halo 3 dual sword combo

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 27th, 2007, 03:54 PM
it's simple, tk all the noob bitches that use dual combo
also, ban the from the server using dev console

h2v will also have it's own version of HEK, but single player mods are an absolute NO.
i guess bungie didn't want to see CMT pull off another SP campaign on one of their games again

and then they throw that "we appreciate our modding community and their creativity" bullshit

I like the noob combo.

Elite Killa
January 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Why even bother dual wielding swords when using only 1 sword is already a one-hit kill?

I still haven't made my decision if I will mod Halo 2 if it ever happens...

Edward Elrich
January 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Hmm... no way to do sp mods in H2Vista, eh? It seems simple enough to me. Use the HEK on any campaign level to get a basic shell for what needs to go into it, where it needs to go, etc. (Unless Bungie is smart enough to block said technique, in that case, I say use a code reader, similar to one for the Xbox games.)

Ninja
February 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
lol you guys can do some crazy stuff to halo ce so i think ya can do some really cool mods level when halo2vista comes out bet ya figure out how to get sp too.

[MT]Slayer
February 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
maybe Sparkedit for Halo 2 Vista and Halo 2 Map Tools (like HMT v3.5 for Halo PC modding)???:)

Syuusuke
February 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
There is going to be a "HEK" for H2V...and I think Prom too?

I_Am_Error117
February 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I thought about that, and the answer is really pretty simple. If you have 2 swords, there's no need for a wind down in between lunges, so you can just chain lunge people like crazy. Not exactly balanced... but it does serve a purpose

Well with our xbox modding tools we have not been able to get perfect dual wielding swords in for the player only AI.

demonmaster3k
February 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Why even bother dual wielding swords when using only 1 sword is already a one-hit kill?

theatrics man, theatrics (it would look cool i dnt care of functionality)
besides, with h2v's ragdoll and regionized bipeds it would look even better

and with the edition of prometheus, i can see sp mods bieng a maybe (if they even incorporate h2v into the project)

Scott-PL
February 12th, 2007, 06:05 PM
anything on PC is modable eaisly