PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle level.

sdavis117
December 25th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Is there any way to make a SP level where the player starts in a vehicle and can't exit from that vehicle? I want to do a SP space dogfight level, but I can't lock the player in the vehicle for some reason.

Corndogman
December 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think so. ive heard its been done before but with bugs. it doesnt always work the way you wan it too.

_TheArbiter_
December 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
i think that if u dont make the "exit" animation for it u wont get out....or u could try with a script but it will look buggy

Sever
December 27th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Replace the biped with the vehicle maybe? There will be no chance of exiting then, due to the fact that the player is the vehicle.

Agnaiel
December 27th, 2007, 06:44 PM
What if you made a trigger volume where you could only get out of the vehicle when you're inside it? I'd imagine that'd be possible. Maybe Kirby can do it...

Kalub
December 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
There should be a way to do this. Try this:

Make the player start in a Trigger Volume, that places him in the vehicle before he has control of his character. Then give him control back. Oh, and then use the idea above where if he tries to get out... WTFOWNED

Apoc4lypse
December 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Is there any way to make a SP level where the player starts in a vehicle and can't exit from that vehicle? I want to do a SP space dogfight level, but I can't lock the player in the vehicle for some reason.

no unless there is some way to do it using scripts I don,t know...

although if I were going to do this I would make a new biped that actually was a vehicle and could fly.

A good example of this would be the sentinels from halo, they fly around and they basically are vehicles, but there bipeds... you can make something like this and have the map use that biped so the player starts as an actual vehicle...

Then when you want the player to "switch" vehicles, just use the biped invisible check box or what ever its called in the vehicle you will be switching to.

Hunter
December 29th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I have just tryed replacing the biped in the globals for a vehicle and it works, apart from the camera is not in the correct place and you can use the gun on the back.

They are the only things you would have to fix.

Apoc4lypse
December 30th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I have just tryed replacing the biped in the globals for a vehicle and it works, apart from the camera is not in the correct place and you can use the gun on the back.

They are the only things you would have to fix.

:XD:

wow I guess what I said went way over your little noggin...

I didn't actually mean physically make the person start as a vehicle, I said make a biped that actually is a vehicle... bipeds have many options one of them is flying, you can even mess with controls and everything much better then you can with a vehicle, then just animate it like you would a vehicle but for a biped, and you have your self a vehicle that you start in and can't exit.

Kalub
December 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
I told you how to do it....

Take players moment controls away
put in vehicle
give back movement controls

Then just figure out how to keep him in the vehicle.

Hunter
December 31st, 2007, 05:37 PM
:XD:

wow I guess what I said went way over your little noggin...

I wasn't replying on what you said dickweed.

I said that i just tryed something and it didn't work that bad. So stfu

Zeph
December 31st, 2007, 06:29 PM
Lightning, well I think it was him, and I played around to try and figure this out for his Yoshi Island racing map. We managed to turn the player into a vehicle, but we never got around to making a "third person" model that would show up in the engine's default player view. Vehicles have the camera tag to help define the orbit, but we didn't really find a way to get that functionality to the player. That might be possible now there are 3rd person hacks. Then again, I cant remember right off hand whether the third person model showed up when doing this.

edit: start here
http://zeph.h2vista.net/vehicles%20in%20globals.jpg

Jay2645
January 1st, 2008, 03:15 AM
Lightning, well I think it was him, and I played around to try and figure this out for his Yoshi Island racing map. We managed to turn the player into a vehicle, but we never got around to making a "third person" model that would show up in the engine's default player view. Vehicles have the camera tag to help define the orbit, but we didn't really find a way to get that functionality to the player. That might be possible now there are 3rd person hacks. Then again, I cant remember right off hand whether the third person model showed up when doing this.

edit: start here
http://zeph.h2vista.net/vehicles%20in%20globals.jpg
What happened to that Yoshi's Island map? I was watching it at GBX before I even signed up at Halomaps (I was a GBX lurker for a while), and one day it just disappeared. I was looking forward to that.

Zeph
January 1st, 2008, 03:29 AM
What happened to that Yoshi's Island map? I was watching it at GBX before I even signed up at Halomaps (I was a GBX lurker for a while), and one day it just disappeared. I was looking forward to that.

Last I remember, it was made for close friends. If it was ever going to be public, it'd be after the player=vehicle thing was taken care of.

p0lar_bear
January 1st, 2008, 05:08 AM
Lightning was working on a lot of things, but then one day he just kind of... got high, and... wandered off... life took him somewhere and made him really busy.

Jay2645
January 1st, 2008, 05:11 AM
I heard something about a leak, and then it disappeared.

Meh, oh well.