PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Laptop + SigmaTel Sound Card = No Mix

m13120
January 23rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I have always loved making Halo Videos. But then I recently got myself a Gateway Laptop, with a SigmaTel Sound Card. On my old Dell desktop, with a CreativeLive! sound card, I was able to record sound by using the option "Stereo Mix". For you others, to record sound, you might have that option, or "Wave Out Mix", or "What U Hear". When I was adjusting the recording properties, I realized that on this new laptop, using the SigmaTel Sound Card, I did not have any of those options. The only options are: SPDIF, Line In, and Microphone. I have searched on google, and I have found a site where if you have a DELL desktop, and a SigmaTel Sound card, and you are not able to record, you can enable it. You can find the site here.

http://www.ekhoury.com/2006/08/25/sigmatel-stereo-mix-support-for-dells/

I tried that, but as I was restarting my computer, and it was installing, it gave me an error, and closed installation.

So, my question is, can anyone here help me enable one of those options above so I can record sound? I was hoping to be a spectator/recorder like Dr@Home for the upcoming CMT League. Any help would be appreciated.

Also remember, I have a laptop, which means that I cannot buy a new Sound Card and then replace the one already inserted.

Mr Buckshot
January 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
what are the specs?

why do you need a special sound card to record sound? You just need a high-quality mic.

m13120
January 23rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Lol, I have a mic. Only problem is, it records more than the sound, it records everything in the background. I'm not sure of what the specs are, maybe tell me how I can find out? And it's not that I need a special sound card to record, it's that the soundcard I have now doesn't have it.

Oh and I have an integrated sound card.

rossmum
January 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Tell everyone to STFU and seal yourself in an airtight room while recording.

Or turn your mic pickup down, so it doesn't register all the background noise.

m13120
January 23rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Tried, but there is a damn loudass fan in my notebook/laptop.

Atty
January 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I'll tell you where you went wrong...You bought a gateway.

rossmum
January 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Ouch.

m13120
January 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I'll tell you where you went wrong...You bought a gateway.

Next wrong part. It was a damn hand me down. Though it still works good, except for the audio part.

Limited
January 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Volume tab > Advanced > Options > Properties > Select Recording > select wave out mix and perhaps turn it down a bit to half way.

It will make your sound really raw however because you have an internal sound card (like me) but you dont get recording from your mic.

m13120
January 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Did you even read? That option doesn't even come up. The only options that come up are SPDIF, Line In, and Microphone.

4RT1LL3RY
January 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I know a simple solution to this, go to a media store like Best Buy or Radio Shack, buy a an audio splitter, it will be the same kind as a head phone splitter. Then get a male to male connector for the same type. If you can just plug in the splitter into the headphone jack and use the male to male to go to the line in, then you should be able to select line in and be fine.

m13120
January 27th, 2007, 04:27 PM
..Did you read either? I already said like 2 times, the options that come up are SPDIF, Line In, and Microphone. I've talked to a gateway technician before, they uninstalled my audio card and reinstalled it, then the options came up. Only problem was, I couldn't hear any sound then. So I did system restore, and I'm back to where I was.

Limited
January 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Are your audio drivers up to datE?

m13120
January 27th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I think so, but I am not sure. I have gone to the Sigma Tel website, but they don't have any drivers.

Atty
January 28th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Go to Gateway's website and see if they have something. Or do a search for it's drivers via Google.