PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Unreal Tournament 3 Glitches and Issues -- Click Here

Phopojijo
December 31st, 2007, 04:26 PM
If you experience problems with Unreal Tournament 3... check out

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ut3_downloads.html

nVidia acknowledges that there are some issues with current drivers and UnrealTournament3. Many (not all) are allegedly fixed in the pre-beta release 169.28

Bodzilla
December 31st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Runs sweet as a dream for me on my 8800GTX

what kind of problems have people been having?

Phopojijo
December 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
Runs sweet as a dream for me on my 8800GTX

what kind of problems have people been having?Crashing to desktop in unique and interesting ways. Also, occasionally the game locks up for about 2 seconds to in some cases a half of a minute then resumes as if nothing ever happened (except you're probably dead by then, at least once)

TPE
December 31st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Crashing to desktop in unique and interesting ways. Also, occasionally the game locks up for about 2 seconds to in some cases a half of a minute then resumes as if nothing ever happened (except you're probably dead by then, at least once)Happens to me ALL the time with XP SP3 in halo. Not kidding, I will go down to about 1 FPS for 30 seconds then pop right back and go back to normal as if nothing hit it.

Thought it was an issue with my CPU though.

ExAm
December 31st, 2007, 08:15 PM
SP3 tells me that the demo is invalid when I try to open it, so I uninstalled SP3.

TPE
December 31st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Same here with the demo. I just removed the demo because in SP3 I get 20 extra FPS in all my games.

ExAm
December 31st, 2007, 09:40 PM
I'm waiting for the full release of SP3

jahrain
December 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM
I kinda stopped playing UT3 because it crashed so often. This is great news. I love that game. Its good to hear that the issues are being addressed.

0m3g4Muff1n987
January 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Crashing to desktop in unique and interesting ways. Also, occasionally the game locks up for about 2 seconds to in some cases a half of a minute then resumes as if nothing ever happened (except you're probably dead by then, at least once)

That happens ALL the time to my friend who got it for Christmas. His graphics card is a 6200, but is like godly since it can run any game he plays on it (he had to tune down the graphics a lot for UT3 though, obviously).

DaneO'Roo
January 1st, 2008, 02:19 AM
Never had any issues with it. I run it on 512 mb of ram, a 128 mb 6600GT and a P4 3.0 Ghz.

Says alot.

Phopojijo
January 1st, 2008, 03:26 AM
Never had any issues with it. I run it on 512 mb of ram, a 128 mb 6600GT and a P4 3.0 Ghz.

Says alot.Yea UT3 itself is a fairly decent engine... it has definitely got a leg up on Battlefield 2... it still is fairly unstable for a lot of people (myself included... though I suspect that will change after I reinstall it with these drivers)

Couple of patches and driver updates and we should see it being a nice game though.

Bodzilla
January 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM
I havnt had a single Problem with it at all.
Dano knows this because i took his ass to the cleaners during the link-up we had on new years eve.

how very strange.

X3RO SHIF7
January 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
i have an HD 3870, and i havent had any problems with it :3

Bodzilla
January 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Jah, you've had a heap of problems with Vista and other things right? MB it has something to do with your hardware?
mb the Mobo board got flexed when you put in the CPU or something and you did some damage to one of the layers?

jahrain
January 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Jah, you've had a heap of problems with Vista and other things right? MB it has something to do with your hardware?
mb the Mobo board got flexed when you put in the CPU or something and you did some damage to one of the layers?
That was on my laptop. I have no problems with it on XP. Its my desktop that crashes allot with UT3. Its the only game I have had problems with.

Bodzilla
January 3rd, 2008, 05:38 AM
weird.

well computers, will be computers :/
good luck with it :)

DaneO'Roo
January 3rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Best thing i can think of is either your using the beta of service pack 3, or something is interfering with direct X or something. That or you need to update your direct x drivers.