PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Extermination

Andrew_b
January 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Here it is, Extermination. I've put alot of effort into it, and i know the bsp is boxish. I was going with the same concept of exterminator.

Map made by: Andrew_b

This is a sequal map to Exterminator. I believe you will enjoy this map alot more. Exterminator and Extermination have the same concept, just different maps with different game play. I recieved alot of complaints about only three ways of moving along through the map. Extermination fixes that problem.

Map Supports all gametypes. I believe you will like this map alot if you liked exterminator.

Xfire - thewarthog

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2705/exterminationbi7.png

Download Extermination Here. (http://files.filefront.com/Exterminationzip/;9430897;/fileinfo.html)

(Its currently uploading to halomaps. For those of you that dont like to work with filefront, you will just need to wait.)

LlamaMaster
January 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's a box connected to other boxes by more boxes, but it's not terrible. At least you textured it alright.

Sel
January 13th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Chamfer gets you ladies, but its okay I guess...

Con
January 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I can't really say much other than it's very boxy, which pretty obvious.

Andrew_b
January 13th, 2008, 08:08 PM
im still trying to work with chamfer. i get alot of errors. im still a beginner. but if you download the map and play it you can see it has good gameplay i think.

FireDragon04
January 14th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Okay.... :confused2:

Texturing
The basics of the forerunner floor is tiled a lot more then that, and more importantly, forerunner tech has 'paneling' even though this looks like your knew to mapping, try studying the interior of 'Silent Cartographer' more importantly, the interior area where u meet the 2 Hunters.

Modeling
Don't release Box maps! Even if they are box maps attached by box hallways to other Box rooms. Don't! If you study Bungie's SP and MP maps, and try to pull off a lot of what they do, by just looking then you'll be good.

Take hallways for one example, they are usually slanted walls with a ledge/paneling system from waist height of the Master Chief down.

All in all, work above your ability to get better (yes above) and then make many maps that are good, but don't release one, untill you've applied all you know to one awesome map, that will rock.

kthxbi.

Apoc4lypse
January 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
this ones better? I thought the last one was nicer, if I remember maybe im thinking of a different map...

the uv's look a little off to me, some textures seem to need more tiling, and you need to get away from box shapes, unless you intend the room to just be a box, but then you need to at least add something to the room (machinery, pipes anything boxes are boring), otherwise well then its just a box...

Chamfer gets you ladies, but its okay I guess...

not really, but its a usefull tool.

EDIT: yea that was the map... yeah I would consider this a step backwards unfortunately, the maps not very well lit and the textures aren't tiled correctly, the last map was done nicely with lighting and shaders which is why you altho it was a box map received some encouraging comments... mostly because a lot of people model maps and don't ever correctly light and texture the map. The models might be good but they usually suffer with textures and lighting.

Learn how to plane model and try to make some more interesting looking indoor maps, and maybe try to mimick halos geometry, but don't copy it, be original, and try to be clean. I'd link you if I had a link to a plane modeling tutorial but I don't, you can probably google it though.

Andrew_b
January 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks Apoc4lypse.

Yeah ive been fasinated with lighting and crap like that :P

Im still experimenting with modeling. and yes i know i need to look at some halo meshes. i think im going to look at like...b30 or something :D

Im glad people are here to help the newbies at CE.