Woohoo, another gulch mod.....

:party:

supersniper
January 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Dude, why?

UrKungFuSux
January 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
So wait. Why did you release this? :eyesroll:

I mean... it's all kind of... same weapons, different models.
And the SMG is messed up, and it has AR animations.
The spiker just has a faster RPS than the pistol... With a different model.

You should finish more of it before releasing.

AAA
January 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
This a fucked up map. You fail at life. Go kill yourself.

t3h m00kz
January 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Okay, I spent a while and looked around in it.

Weapons are definitely not finished; the AR has a really bizarre increasing firing rate similar to the CMT MA5K, or alternatively, the Plasma Rifle. Try fixing that and giving it a custom crosshair. I've got a tutorial for custom crosshairs somewhere on the forums, try looking it up.

The pistol seems pretty okay for the most part, but I'm worried about the amount of damage it does.

The sniper rifle kicks back WAY too much, has too high of a firing rate. and be sure it does 76 damage for each shot.

Shotgun needs less projectiles, lower it to about ten and make the projectiles.

Mauler seems okay, nice model, but I don't know how much damage it does but I'd imagine it's a bit overkill.

Spiker... Again, nice model, but the projectiles need LOTS of work. Take the needler projectile, give it 0.5 gravity, make it fly at about 15-20 world units a second, and make them stick to surfaces. I'm not sure about how to make them disappear over time, I haven't messed around with it.

There's a lack of temporary camera impulse in the trigger of the weapons, try messing with it a bit. Also, the range of the projectiles is WAY too high. The pistol is still at 40. The projectiles are still instant-connect.

Here, have a video of some very basic projectile work I've done. I'm putting it under spoiler since I've whored it around way too much as it is:

3A92sc90sRI

Also, use something OTHER than BloodGulch. BloodGulch is overplayed, overrated, overmodded. Use something smaller and better for weapon testing, like Hang 'Em or Longest, and don't release until you're actually pretty far along.

I can understand releasing something like this for constructive criticism, but to release it on a huge site like HaloMaps, people are going to think it's the final product, especially since there's no pre-alpha in the title.

This a fucked up map. You fail at life. Go kill yourself.

That doesn't help. >(

Invader Veex
January 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Not....the best.

And a Halo 3 Team mean moar Halo 3 anims.

paintballakid5
January 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
well i Spell Crazy like "crazzy" on purpose..:rolleyes:

but i'm getting our Coagulation in order, and i can make anims so.. i can't really change that part of the map, Unless there is someone who would like join my Team as an animator?:eek:

DrunkenSamus
January 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Even more fail then H3T. Oh dear...

Timo
January 19th, 2008, 04:05 AM
When posting something in here, be sure to abide by the following rules:
Thread titles must contain the prefix of the type of media being released (video, app, etc.).
For maps, there must be at least one picture giving a good idea of the level with a brief description.
Tags, applications, and other items need at least one picture with a brief description.
Proper credit must be given if there is at least one thing in a map which is not 100% custom made by you.Anything posted in here which cannot follow these few posting guidelines will be removed.

Thanks!

You didn't follow the first two rules from the sticky in the top of the forum. If you're wanting you're modded bloodgulch here, you need to follow those instructions.