PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Team Fortress 2: Should I get it?

JunkfoodMan
January 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
So I was thinking of buying TF2 for something to do, to kill time etc.
Is it really as good as people say? Like, does it have a good Lifetime, or does it have a good userbase?

PC, Not 360.

PS. Don't recommend the Orange box, I have HL2 (and EP1) and Portal, and I have no plans to get HL2 EP2.

jahrain
January 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'd recommend it. It makes orangebox worth it.

CN3089
January 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I'd recommend it. It makes orangebox worth it.

You're thinking of Portal. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-eng101.gif

TF2 is alright, I suppose. I never really found it to be as fun as people say, but it's probably a question of taste.

jahrain
January 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
You're thinking of Portal. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-eng101.gif
That games was 4 hours of epic awesomes. Thats it. In my tastes, I get tired of single players very quickly.

JunkfoodMan
January 24th, 2008, 02:30 PM
After getting quite a few recommendations (MSN, Steam, etc.) I've decided to purchase it. Hopefully it was a good choice =D

Ki11a_FTW
January 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Its okay.. i personally think counterstrike is much better online but thats just me. Its pretty fun once you start killing people continuously :lol:

jahrain
January 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Unlike CSS, its not so serious and tense. In CSS, theres super long respawn times, and extremely short lives. It has a very high skill curve, so you need to play it for a long time before you can even play somewhat competitive. Its not the kind of game you can just randomly decide to get and play for fun, it requires focus, dedication, and an extreme amount of patients to get to a level where you can just play for fun competitive matches.

TF2 is from another angle. In tf2, its just straight to the fun, however the real skill curve is learning to work with a team and mastering different classes and maps. Anyone, of any skill level can play the game and have fun, then become hardcore and play it seriously and competitively. People who are fans of CSS may not like TF2 so much because they either can't maliciously own other players, or be maliciously owned by someone else who is slightly better. In tf2, its your ability to work as a team and not so much your skill at fps that determines who gets owned or not. And by working in teams, I mean not moving around in squads, but tactically team coordination in defence, and offense.

Limited
January 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'd have to say yes, I loved CSS, to me TF2 is CSS plus tons more, I love the different classes and I love the comic style. I got it with orange box, I wanted portal and TF2, one day I'll complete Hl2, then ep1 and ep2. Until then I'm not really a fan of those SP games.

To make portal isnt getting old, yes the SP is, I've got all achievements after spending too much time playing but people are making custom maps for portal which is making it endless fun.

paladin
January 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, best $20 Ive spent on steam.

dg
January 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I love the game. It's got good style and flow.

Go for it.

StankBacon
January 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
i personally don't like it that much, but meh.

MNC
January 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Yes. I played it for 30 minutes and I was in love. I'm going to get it ASAP.

JunkfoodMan
January 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I've played it for quite a while, I have to say, I love it. Being a spy is brilliant, Cloaking, Disguising, etc.

I definitely got my money's worth.