PDA

View Full Version : Halo Custom Edition Launcher ReReREMIX

demonmaster3k
January 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
This application is my first longest application for the Halo Custom Edition system. It features a built-in interface for the tool compiler, a fully functional script editor with changeable fonts and size ( I mean to add color and bold/italic/underline/strike to it later), and buttons that run the Halo Custom Edition tools.

Without further ado
Halo Custom Edition Launcher
here's the link (mostly because i hate rapidshare)
http://files.filefront.com/Halo+Launcherzip/;9509215;/fileinfo.html

And now for some screens:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2679/screen4yn2.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8521/screen2ta6.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1961/screen3uu2.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4901/improvedlauncherscreen4yo9.jpg

Ok now for the release notes

Halo Editing Kit Control Program
---------------------------------------
Version 2.0

Hello I am Demonmaster3k and this is my program. I hope you enjoy using this software.
It is my first application related to the Halo Custom Edition system, but certainly not my last.
The tab system on this application is designed to make life easier for you, the editor. Everything is placed in a way that makes sense.
The Ribbonbar control integrated nicely in this program. The First Tab contains the basic editing tools (plus some extra font editors)
The other tabs use fully functional script wizards to insert script text into the text enviornment. There is only one catch.
The script wizards will erase all current text (you can only use them one at a time). To use the fontbox,
click on the fontbox and then use the scroll wheel (middle mouse button) to select a font. the sizebox works the same way.
The compiliers are fully functional now, i tested them in a pre-release build that i made to ensure that you get a good product.
Anyways... I hope you enjoy using my software.

Please email me if you have any comments, questions, or concerns or to report a bug
My email is Demonmaster3k@hotmail.com an i would be happy to address any user feedback.

Lastly but certainly not least!
All Credit goes to:
--------------------------
*Microsoft Corporation and Microsoft Developer Network for Developing the Visual studio system.
*Kokori, because your adaptation of the Halo 2 for Windows Vista Launch application inspired this executable.
*Telerik for the Ribbonbar featured in the script editor.
*Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios for developing such a great game.
*Kornman00 for hacking the original Halo Editing Kit to make us something better.
*MSDN Forums for the insightful posts on programming knowledge.
*CodeProject for some of the other tools.
*Kirby_422 for the anti cheat script codes and the anti-aimbot script code

Demonmaster3k Copyright© December 2007

I appreciate all contributions made to the Halo Custom Edition Community and hope this application helps beginners learn to map easier and makes things easier for more advanced users.

Version History:
-------------------
Version 1.0
Fully capable compilier tools
Basic text enviornment with basic tools (Cut Copy Paste Save Open and New)
Fully functional Application Launchernow there are a couple of other things i want to let you know. first of all, i don't have a splash screen on this app. second, this app loads up slow because of the ribbon interface for the script editor (nothing i can do about that)
lastly, the compiler interface won't work if the program's executable file is located outside of the Halo Custom Edition root directory.

I hope this app helps you save time, and if you're new to the community, I hope this helps you get a hang of the Halo Custom Edition process
__________________________________________________ _______________
Future goals for this project:
Add the Zteam Campaign, CAD's backpack weapon, and kenney01's dual wielding scripts (with their permission of course) to the script template generator (the ribbon control).
Add extra applications like a string list generator, a texture baker, a profile name editor, a sound compiler, and a built-in file uploader (to upload files to halomaps and halofiles)
Increase the running speed of the executable (requires use of more efficient code that i don't know yet but will learn)
Change the tools tab control into a tab control that will allow the user to add or remove tabs.
fix the applications layout (move the ribbon to the top of the application and allow users to adjust the position of the buttons on the ribbon)
become more fluent in programming

Con
January 25th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Nice work, and how do the anti-aimbot and anti-cheat scripts work?

sdavis117
January 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Nice work, and how do the anti-aimbot and anti-cheat scripts work?
Don't answer that actaully. It will give the aim-botters the info they need to make an anti-anti-aimbotter script.

demonmaster3k
January 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
well the anti aimbot script works by taking a biped and a vehicle and constantly mounting the biped on the vehicle and teleporting him across the map

the anti cheat script prevents people from using devmode commands on your map. if a person inputs certain commands the command is nulled and a server message is posted like "silly cheater" there is a sp variant of this script that shows a game over screen, but i haven't gotten around to adding it to the code yet.

as for where i got the scripts, they were on halomaps.org, i believe i gave the script writer credit in the about screen, but if i didn't i'll add his name on the readme

also, i would really appreciate it if you guyies would tell me which scripts have bugs or simply won't compile so that i can fix them in a future build.

there's the format:

Name of the script with the problem
nature of the bug (tell me if it works or not)

i'll troubleshoot it or try to fix it as best i can, i'm not that fluent in scripting so it may vary as to how long i take fixing it.

there is so much more that i wish i could do to this program such as skins for both the form and the ribbon (making them look more halo-ey) and an error checker for the script editor

as another sidenote, after writing the information on the about page, i made it so that the script generators do not overrite existing text in the scripting envoirnment. so ignore that notice on the about information page.

cheers!

[Edit]
ok the scripts are kirby_422' scripts, i'll update the readme/about forms on the program in v2 (i don't like to take without giving credit)
here's his explanation from the readme:

"Anti-Aimbot [Bot Breaker]" A script witch if used well, can disable aimbot users. It uses bipeds that zip around to overload the aimbot.
"MP Anti-Cheats" If someone uses certain cheats like deathless, it will disable it and talk to em.

Kirby_422
January 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM
well the anti aimbot script works by taking a biped and a vehicle and constantly mounting the biped on the vehicle and teleporting him across the map

the anti cheat script prevents people from using devmode commands on your map. if a person inputs certain commands the command is nulled and a server message is posted like "silly cheater" there is a sp variant of this script that shows a game over screen, but i haven't gotten around to adding it to the code yet.

as for where i got the scripts, they were on halomaps.org, i believe i gave the script writer credit in the about screen, but if i didn't i'll add his name on the readme

<IRRELEVENT>

[Edit]
ok the scripts are kirby_422' scripts, i'll update the readme/about forms on the program in v2 (i don't like to take without giving credit)
Glad you got around to posting my name..

I released the scripts here
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3406
and there is more scripts than just those 2, although I doubt anyone is into using the sound menu since you have to tag some stuff along side it. Afew people will probly use the morphball, and I guess ill explain the sync isue right now; its that since we didn't have a spare place to keep the ball, we had to destroy it, and that doesnt sync so well, so if people hammered the flashlight button away, it would get out of sync, but if you change the destroy to a move away if there isnt any driver to a hidden storage area, that should solve all syncing isues

lol, I realy come here alot, huh? although I find it realy quite amazing that the day I do come here is right when a person who hadn't been giving me credit is now giving me credit.. lol

Con
January 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Don't answer that actaully. It will give the aim-botters the info they need to make an anti-anti-aimbotter script.
The people who use the aimbot are a bunch of fucking morons, you expect them to make a new aimbot? They never made one in the first place; the aimbot out there right now was never intended to be released.

so the aimbot always locks onto it instead? Why doesn't it lock onto the other players?

the anti cheat script prevents people from using devmode commands on your map. if a person inputs certain commands the command is nulled and a server message is posted like "silly cheater" there is a sp variant of this script that shows a game over screen
I wouldn't be too worried about people using devmode client side. There's not much you can do as far as cheating goes except spying on the other team, which doesn't help you at all since you still have to go kill them :\

supersniper
January 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ha when I double click on it, all that pops up is that "Halo Launcher has stopped working....trying to find a solution."

I have vista (probably the reason, it's probably not compatible).

n00b1n8R
January 27th, 2008, 03:06 AM
There's not much you can do as far as cheating goes except spying on the other team, which doesn't help you at all since you still have to go kill them :\

you could use it for checking out what your enemy is up to, especially on offense/defence games as long as your team is co-ordinated :P

but yeah, I hate anti dev scripts, I use dev all the time when mucking around, or if an admin wants to do something :/

Kornman00
January 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
ooooooooh, snazy looking :)

demonmaster3k
January 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ha when I double click on it, all that pops up is that "Halo Launcher has stopped working....trying to find a solution."

I have vista (probably the reason, it's probably not compatible).

i get the same problem on xp for some reason (tried testing the app on some of my other comps in the house)

i don't know if there's some missing shared dll files or what, but thank you for making me aware of that problem. i'll be fixing these problems. already working on V2.

CrAsHOvErRide
January 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
The "About" button is suffering from peer-pressure. It's excluded from the GroupBox.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 27th, 2008, 12:34 PM
It doesnt work for me

paintballakid5
January 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
mine gets an Error Report everytime i try to start it up....:(

demonmaster3k
February 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I tested the original executable again, it's missing some kind of dll file or some kind of executable, but i don't know exactly what. the application for now will only run on computers that have a version of visual studio installed on them. i would try to rebuild my project, but they got wiped when i repartitioned my drive (was having performance issues with DXtweaker, it seems DXTWeaker, VS, and Framework3.5 don't like each other)

until then, i have a little something to keep you busy. (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=217552&postcount=386)

SL1CK1337
February 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I have VS installed and i get the error, whatever it is trying to find on form load is not found on some computers causing "system.io.filenotfoundexception" maybe if you make it check to see if the file exists if not then create it.