PDA

View Full Version : A new flood storyline sp idea

hailstorm65
January 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
The story could be like this:
The UNSC Vienna had been patrolling outer human space when an unknown planet was spotted.
She sent a strike team down to investigate it.

As you fly down you spot a large complex with SPARTAN 4 CLONING inscribed on it. The Pelican steers towards it. As you land you see a crashed covenant Phantom but with no bodies there. As you and a couple Marines go to the complex you are greeted by a horde of Spartan armoured flood forms. After defeating these flood your signals are cut off from Vienna so you and the maines are abandoned.--------all a cutscene

Objectives:
-Enter lower complex
-Find possible survivors
-Find large deepspace communicator to contact Vienna
-Find and plant a bomb to remove infestation
-Escape!

Somebody should do this!

This is a good idea in my opinion

The flood spartans should have
-Shields
-High health
-Good weapon skills
-1 hit kill mellee
- The basic look of flood growth over spartan armour, similar to elites on halo 3

Not a request

thehoodedsmack
January 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Somebody should do this!

Not a request

These are kind of contradictary, unless of course you're planning on doing this yourself, in which case you're here because you want people to say "Oh yeah! What a cool idea!" And maybe somebody will. In my opinion, the concept doesn't sound like it could be fleshed out into a compelling story. You'd need some good writers to keep the plot interesting, and superb modelling to even get this map noticed, and not regarded as just another "Area Fitfty-X". If you truly want to see it happen, I encourage you. As you yourself seem to have picked up, requests will do you no good in this community. Good luck in your efforts.

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
its a nice idea but don't count on someone picking it up and using it, people have too many of there own ideas to take other peoples ideas, and most of the time people would rather work on there own ideas. If you truly like the idea though and are passionate about it I would suggest reading some tutorials and trying to learn how to go about bringing your idea to life. :)

hailstorm65
January 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Nice post count!117

Also I just downloaded HaloGuru's Gmax tutorial and I will try to learn how to model soon.

Sel
January 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Nice post count!117

Also I just downloaded HaloGuru's Gmax tutorial and I will try to learn how to model soon.

Nice post count, 20.

Sever
January 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Selentic, at least half of his post has a point, making it still worthy. Yours on the other hand, does not.

hailstorm65, glad to hear that you're willing to attempt level creation and editing, unlike 90% of the population over at halomaps.org. I hope that you can create something that the community will enjoy.