PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Spring Halo 3 Maps

OnEsHoT51
January 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
What is your theories of the upcoming Halo 3 maps?

Mr Buckshot
January 30th, 2008, 06:56 PM
My theory is that this thread is useless.

They'll cost money for the first few months so we cheap-ass players won't be able to judge the maps for the time being.

Jay2645
January 30th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Let's see here...
I'm willing to bet that one is a Sidewinder remake.

Hotrod
January 31st, 2008, 03:33 PM
Cottonball = Sidewinder remake, the rest will be fun to play. That's my theory. Also, Cottonball "new vehicles" is not the Scarab, like most people think.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 31st, 2008, 05:44 PM
The reason people think it may be a scarab because another rumor is that it is coldsnap, which would be :awesome:

Hotrod
January 31st, 2008, 06:02 PM
The reason people think it may be a scarab because another rumor is that it is coldsnap, which would be :awesome:

No, and no. Coldsnap = way too huge, and not good, unless you use the Longsword, Pelican or Jet.

Also, the Scarab is driven by Lekgolo (Hunter worms), and not by an Elite/Brute/Spartan/etc... The Scarab would be way too overpowered as well.

Longshot
February 1st, 2008, 07:40 AM
Cottonball = Sidewinder remake, the rest will be fun to play. That's my theory. Also, Cottonball "new vehicles" is not the Scarab, like most people think.

God I hope so. A remake of that would be lovely.

I just want a few more close-quarter maps and some decent Big Team Battle maps, Sandtrap is downright horrible - Headlong and Waterworks were good.

ImSpartacus
February 1st, 2008, 09:49 AM

is that legal? can bungie just use w/e user content they want, whenever? im not criticizing u, i just dont kno.

Hotrod
February 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
is that legal? can bungie just use w/e user content they want, whenever? im not criticizing u, i just dont kno.

No, they would have to ask permission from the map maker to use the map.

supersniper
February 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM
Lol but Tiament, is he still around??

Huero
February 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
No, they would have to ask permission from the map maker to use the map.
Bungie owns all content made for their games I think. Well, MICROSOFT. So no, they wouldn't have to.

Anton
February 1st, 2008, 04:27 PM
They don't own the models, textures, etc. So yeah, they would have to ask ColdSnap's Creators.

Kornman00
February 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM
They don't own the models, textures, etc. So yeah, they would have to ask ColdSnap's Creators.
No, I believe the EULA for the HEK had a section in it that basically said all your maps r belong to bungie

PenGuin1362
February 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
yep

Tweek
February 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
They don't own....

yes they do

Hotrod
February 1st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Sure, let's say Bungie is allowed to remake Cold Snap, why would they want to? It's not that great of a map, unless you have 16 players, which it still is very big.

Terry
February 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Coldsnap isn't even a proper map, in terms of Halo gamplay. Its more for messing around. I mean, seriously, it doesn't even fit in.

Jay2645
February 1st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Even in BTB, Coldsnap would be TOO big.

Not to mention they said it has close-quarters combat, too.

Sidewinder:
Up top, close quarters.
Down bottom, vehicle map.

It matches.

Co Redsonic
February 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Eh, Coldsnap IS too big.

ODX
February 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Eh, Coldsnap IS too big.
Not to mention, full of cheaters using aimbots, and other hacks. One, might be patrickssj's Blue Arrow hack, which I have yet to try out on Coldsnap.;)
As for the new Halo 3 maps, why do you need another big one? Isn't Sandtrap big enough for people?
Coldsnap 'could' be fun in Halo 3, only because the mythos shot would have bettar graphics, and then first time players would always be 'Holy s***!' Also, as I look at Redsonic's sig, I see zombies, that be fun on Coldsnap for sure in Halo 3 :D

ImSpartacus
February 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Not to mention, full of cheaters using aimbots, and other hacks. One, might be patrickssj's Blue Arrow hack, which I have yet to try out on Coldsnap.;)
As for the new Halo 3 maps, why do you need another big one? Isn't Sandtrap big enough for people?
Coldsnap 'could' be fun in Halo 3, only because the mythos shot would have bettar graphics, and then first time players would always be 'Holy s***!' Also, as I look at Redsonic's sig, I see zombies, that be fun on Coldsnap for sure in Halo 3 :D

Yeah, I could see how it could be fun (a mythos in H3 would be so funny to watch), but Bungie would have to remake the entire map anyway, why would they use a previously designed (and free) layout and then charge people for it.

I just can't see Bungie going out of their way for that. Besides, the vehicles in Coldsnap have no unifying theme (a gundam fighting alongside a blandly skinned jet fighter?).

spartan463
February 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
A remake of extiction would do better
A bit smaller so close quarter fighting in the ships, then out side for snipers and vehicles
and you can see ahead of you not like clodsnap its eather to dark or to bright

Sever
February 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Everyone stop it with the discussion of 'novelty' HCE maps being remade for H3. It is very unlikely to happen. Lets get back on topic and discuss the upcoming H3 maps. Even though I do not have the game (I plan to get an xbox360 and H3 some time in the spring, to compliment my 'new' lolheug Sony Trinitron), I still look forward to its release.

I have a bit of speculation about "Cottonball's" skybox:
We already know that it is set on a Halo, thus being Installation 04A, which is located in the center of Ark, and later relocates to slightly above the Ark. Also, the Covenant city, High Charity, slipspaces to the Ark's location, more specifically, above the Ark. Due to the orientation of the Halo in relation to the other two entities, I believe that the skybox will contain the Ark in one hemisphere, High Charity in the other, and Installation 04A bisecting the two hemispheres.
Just my thoughts, though.

ODX
February 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it's the opposite, we're remaking Halo 3 maps in Halo 1, instead of Halo 1 maps being made in Halo 3...but then Halo 1 maps are being remade for Halo 2, but Halo 2 maps are being ripped into Halo 1....O_o, what's going on? Also, no way would they pick Coldsnap anyway. Also, that sounds like it would be a cool skybox, but wouldn't they have to just make it a box, and texture each with a...jpg or gif, the one that moves, because I don't think you can have multiple skyboxes, at least in Halo 1 I think. I heard that somewhere on halomaps.

Sever
February 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Each of the 3 entities would be just like a planet or a Halo. They would be simply placed using the same method for any other skybox items.

Con
February 11th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Also, that sounds like it would be a cool skybox, but wouldn't they have to just make it a box, and texture each with a...jpg or gif, the one that moves, because I don't think you can have multiple skyboxes, at least in Halo 1 I think. I heard that somewhere on halomaps.
Protip: Don't listen to people at halomaps

Kalub
February 11th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Nigga say wut?

You can have a skybox attached to each bsp, last I checked... but that was along time ago.

Sever
February 11th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Nobody's talking about different bsp's here... I'm talking about one bsp with 3 entities in the sky. Its not that hard to comprehend, mainly because we see a Halo and two planets in the sky like... all the time.

Hotrod
February 11th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Doesn't Halo 3 use 3d skies (as in clouds)?

Warsaw
February 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well, it has layers. There is a 3D layer of clouds that you see, a 2D layer above that, and finally we have open space with stars above that.

ODX
February 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Protip: Don't listen to people at halomaps
Yeah, because profanity yelling people at H2Vista are just as good,
nevermind, SPARTAN04 proved him wrong, I think:

Nope, its possible. ill tell you how in a sec. I just gotta look at guerilla real quick.

How to have different skys in different areas:
***The only way this is possible it to have different clusters(portal the map).
1.)MAKE SURE the map is portaled so it has atleast two different sections.
*Making the different areas have different sound is helpful when looking for the clusters in guerilla.
2.)Open your maps .scenario_structure_bsp file.
3.)Scroll down to "CLUSTERS"
4.)Hit the scroll box and find the cluster you need.
5.)In the "Sky" entry box, enter one of the following:
-1 for no sky
1 for sky1
2 for sky2
3 for sky3
etc.

You must have more than two skys entered in the .scenario file for sky2, sky3, etc to work.

ImSpartacus
February 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, because profanity yelling people at H2Vista are just as good,
nevermind, SPARTAN04 proved him wrong, I think:

Yeah, we're all jackasses here. It's better than it was, but it's not a warm welcoming forum to say the least.

Con
February 11th, 2008, 07:07 PM
There's always a warm welcome if you aren't a moron. That's why we're a better forum rite guyz

BobtheGreatII
February 11th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Rite!

PenGuin1362
February 11th, 2008, 09:50 PM
profanity + rudeness > stupidity. always.

<3 conscars....so what are we talkin about in there? tl;dr

Jay2645
February 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
profanity + rudeness > stupidity. always.
Which is why H2V is better than Halomaps. Not to mention this place's reputation keeps all the nublets out.

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 12:49 AM
We have a reputation? of what?

AWESOMENESS?

Jay2645
February 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Boy, WoL, you seem... Hyperactive. First this:

MY EXCITEMENT IN THIS MAP IS BUBBLING OVER THE CAULDRON OF PROFESSIONALISM.

WOOT!

omg. Did i just say woot? i havent done that in like, years...

Then this:

AWESOMENESS?

But to answer your question, this place's reputation for flaming noobs tends to keep the ones at Halomaps away.

TeeKup
February 12th, 2008, 08:04 PM

AWESOMENESS?

Quite so.