PDA

View Full Version : [GMOD] Major Problem(s) with Gmod 10

Bastinka
February 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/SilentWindPL/wtfgmod.jpg
Complete clean install of Gmod, deleted all the files and then re-installed. Every time I install it something gets f*cked up with Gmod. This time it's the worst case. Usually it crashes because it can't find a .mdl but when I go look in it's directory the MDL is right there. Gmod 10 before this install displayed fine, yet it kept giving me ERROR models and whatnot. Then I restarted Gmod and the models appeared. My Graphics card and PC Spec's, I know for a fact, can run Gmod perfectly. It's just been acting completely odd.

I gave my friend the same exact copy of Gmod (Got it twice) and his seems to work fine although his computer is lower on it's Specs and whatnot. This is the first time I've ever gotten an error like this. I can run other HL2 games perfectly. I've tried playing with the video settings yet nothing seems to work. Even after I restart it, it seems to stay like this. I don't want to re-install for the Gajillionth time, because I know something will go wrong. AGAIN. I've tried updating my drivers, rebooted PC. Stopped some processes from running, even tried Windows Updates.

Anyone know what the shit crap is wrong with gmod? :mad:

Tweek
February 2nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
its missing textures, nothing more.

Bastinka
February 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Let me Paste my Backup Gmod files over the original ones, hope to god this works.

EDIT:
Eugh. Still messed, looks like I have to re-install... AGAIN.

Chronos
February 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Looks like missing textures to me.

DrunkenSamus
February 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I don't understand why it's pink and black for HL2's "missing textures" error. One time I forgot to apply the textures to a model that I downloaded and it appeared pink and black.

jngrow
February 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I don't understand why it's pink and black for HL2's "missing textures" error. One time I forgot to apply the textures to a model that I downloaded and it appeared pink and black.

Maybe Valve is an annoying teen bandwagon jumper from 2006?

Con
February 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Because it's bright and easy to see? Kinda obvious that they'd want to find something missing textures in their games.

Limited
February 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Definilty missing textures, have you opened up the console to see what it says? Maybe the vmt's are corrupt, or just none of files are there.

I hate to ask silent, but is it 100% legit copy of Gmod 10?

Bastinka
February 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I fixed it by 'reinstalling' and it still sometimes crashes because it cant 'find' some MDL files although when I look its there. After about an hour into the game it starts to 'lose' mdl files you could say, and I have to be careful of what I watch. Basically, the longer I play the more it diteriarorates (however thats spelled). Yes this is a Legit Version.

Jay2645
February 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Let's see here, did you:
-Backup Game Files with a Right-Click on the Steam shortcut?
-Verify integrity of game cache?
-Defragment Cache files (Unlikely)?

Bastinka
February 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, yes and yes.
And I can't find a working Hoverboard :[

Terin
February 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM
It might be corrupt HL2 textures, since Gmod uses those. Try reinstalling that if possible.

Bastinka
February 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I already said I fixed the Texture problem but still after an hour the game decided to 'forget' some mdl files.

Zeph
February 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Drivers.