PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 Mapping Contest

fatso784
February 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
I don't map COD4 at the moment, but I'm planning to get it over the next week for this contest. This mapping contest (http://www.infinityward.com/tools.html)the guys at Infinity Ward cooked up is geneous: it may give a fellow mapper a chance to get his map on xbox live. The prizes haven't been announced yet, but Infinity Ward has hinted at the map becoming downloadable content:

Design your maps around your platform of choice (PC, Xbox 360, or PS3); as you never know where it could end up.

This may not be Halo, but it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make a map for xbox live. Some of you guys are the best mappers I have ever seen, regardless of game. To be able to make a full map in a mapping engine is incredible, but to make a full map in 3ds max from scratch is amazing.

PenGuin1362
February 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
i'd love to get in on this but i bought it for 360 >_<. maybe i'll go buy it for pc anyway just so i can play with the mod tools.

Disaster
February 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Man! I just downloaded it and realized that I had to have the pc version. They should have made it universal so everybody could make maps.

Mr Buckshot
February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
They should have made it universal so everybody could make maps.

Since when did we get mapmaking tools in console games? Ok there's the Far Cry Instincts editor, but that's about it. I don't think XBL or the PSN would want to have user-created content streaming across, especially if it were created with a PC, due to a security threat (aka malware) that would be bloody hard to resolve on a console.

Sounds good. I only have the PS3 version though. I'll borrow the PC version from a friend and see if the contest is worth the effort.

DrunkenSamus
February 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
Forge isn't really a map editor so that's about it.

Disaster
February 3rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
You send it in to IW and they decide if it's good enough. They are going to take the really good maps and possibly make downloadable content for the 360 gamers. What if the 360 players wanted to contribute to the contest and see if there maps were good enough?

Kornman00
February 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
remake a halo pc map just for spite at the cod players

Disaster
February 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
0_o That would be fun to play on cod4 if it got chosen. Maybe sidewinder or bloodgulch

Kornman00
February 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
or...DANGER CANYON B/C IT IS SOOOO DANGEROUS >:U

also, hugeass lulz

Amit
February 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM

:lol: I'd like to see that.

PlasbianX
February 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
You dont need COD4 pc to use the editor.

How do I know? Im using it right now.

Kornman00
February 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
and if you want to test it?

PlasbianX
February 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
and if you want to test it?

Havent got that far :downs:

fatso784
February 3rd, 2008, 04:22 PM

^I totally agree.. just need to disguise it a little so Bungie doesn't get pissed. Alot of halo maps would work perfectly on COD4, especially Turf.

PlasbianX
February 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
TBh im making a good head to head map. The current ones are too big for 1 on 1 (except shipment)

fatso784
February 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Shipment's a joke... please make it better than that symmetrical piece of garbage. :rolleyes:

Kornman00
February 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
just need to disguise it a little so Bungie doesn't get pissed.
unless someone did DANGER CANYON OSHITOSHIT B/C BUNGIE DIDN'T MAKEZ LULULULUL

Sel
February 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
also, hugeass lulz

:XD:

Disaster
February 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Hugeass would be boring as heck on cod4, but Dangercanyon would be really fun on free for all on cod4. If anybody has the mod kit, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Abstract.Error
February 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Takes forever to download :(

PenGuin1362
February 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Shipment's a joke... please make it better than that symmetrical piece of garbage. :rolleyes:

dude i love shipment, i get like 100 kills and 30 deaths on that map like every time. it sucks for anything but domination or deathmatch though (cause i use domination as a scoreless deathmatch >_>)

jngrow
February 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
unless someone did DANGER CANYON OSHITOSHIT B/C BUNGIE DIDN'T MAKEZ LULULULUL

Made me laugh. CoD4 is definately lacking a good head to head, (not 1v1), straight across complete shoot out map (not a LOT of cover, mostly just hills and ditches, spawning on opposite bases). Like Blood Gulch.

343guiltymc
February 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Made me laugh. CoD4 is definately lacking a good head to head, (not 1v1), straight across complete shoot out map (not a LOT of cover, mostly just hills and ditches, spawning on opposite bases). Like Blood Gulch.
That would be too good for snipers. Speaking of which, COD4 needs better high level sniper rifles, Barrett 50 CAL sucks. :(

Phopojijo
February 4th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Since when did we get mapmaking tools in console games? Ok there's the Far Cry Instincts editor, but that's about it. I don't think XBL or the PSN would want to have user-created content streaming across, especially if it were created with a PC, due to a security threat (aka malware) that would be bloody hard to resolve on a console.

Sounds good. I only have the PS3 version though. I'll borrow the PC version from a friend and see if the contest is worth the effort.PSN openly supports modded content in games which allow it. Epic even said Sony might allow map makers to charge for mods on the PSN if they wish to make money for their efforts (assuming everything is legal)

jngrow
February 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM
That would be too good for snipers. Speaking of which, COD4 needs better high level sniper rifles, Barrett 50 CAL sucks. :(
To the first, damn, you're right. To the second: Hell no, Sniping is already ridiculously easy. My first game sniping (and I'm just an average player) I went 20-0. Luck? Yeah probably. But I still say sniping is too easy.

343guiltymc
February 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
To the first, damn, you're right. To the second: Hell no, Sniping is already ridiculously easy. My first game sniping (and I'm just an average player) I went 20-0. Luck? Yeah probably. But I still say sniping is too easy.
I was talking about how the high level snipers suck, nothing to do with how easy is it to snipe in this game.

DOMINATOR
February 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
anyone here made a map for cod4? i wanna get into it but i havent' found a solid tutorial.

ima_from_America
February 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I want to start, I had the 360 version and it made my dvd drive explode. I might buy the PC version, but is a Nvidia GeForce 7200gs enough?

Haloking365
February 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I want to start, I had the 360 version and it made my dvd drive explode. I might buy the PC version, but is a Nvidia GeForce 7200gs enough?
Should be, i think the 6600 is the bare minimum.

343guiltymc
February 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Should be, i think the 6600 is the bare minimum.
6600>7200 GS. :rolleyes: